Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    Dembele still can't get a game...

I wish BT Sport would stop pretending Mason has been brilliant this season. He's been simply AWFUL just like most of the rest for a good few months now.
    Not only Mason, I've read two different articles by different pundits saying what a fantastic season Eriksen has had!
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    brilliant play from Mason there. just fu*king brilliant.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh ..
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the...are we playing on an ice rink?

Davies getting the blame for that by the commentary - what about Mason, should have cleared it first instead of trying to be clever and falling over.

Ive at least twice seen Lamela shouting for the ball in a good position and Eriksen running into defenders instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chadli seems to want to be somewhere else .. just awful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mason in no danger contrives to fall over and then Davies hesitates instead of saving the situation. All good schoolboy error stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be buggered.. lamela scores .. is it april the 1st ? :)
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic cross from Dier.

Id definitely have Dembele in midfield over a couple of these.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Lamela meant that but I'll take it!
    Forum Member
    lucky goal, but you make your own luck sometimes. about 2-3 mins before the goal, I was commenting about how many times Lamela makes intelligent runs and no-one else seems to be on his wavelength. I really wish he would develop some upper-body strength, because there's definitely a quality player in there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky to go in at half time still at evens. Surely we have to improve in the second, can't keep given the ball away cheaply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bentaleb v Fazio eh? lovely
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    May God help us but imo this isn't far from our best team....
    Forum Member
    So Chadli has 10 league goals without taking free-kicks like Eriksen or penalties like Hazard, but is apparently useless if certain sections of our fans are to be believed....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't lose so I guess a good result for us. Up to 5th temporarily until Liverpool play later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    We didn't lose so I guess a good result for us. Up to 5th temporarily until Liverpool play later.

Yeah, a point is a point i suppose. If City beat Villa and then us next weekend, both highly likely to happen, then it really is all over for 4th as it'll be mathematically impossible for us to catch them.
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,737
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed the game. Both teams were at least trying to attack although we were still a bit slow and ponderous. I just don't understand why we have to make so many short sideways or backwards passes especially when there is an opportunity to take the ball forward. I got pretty frustrated with Mane going down all the time too. Anyway, I thought most our team were average but Davies was more than a little rusty. Fazio (who I was criticising recently) had a good game and Bentalab was our MoM.
    Forum Member
    2 shots on target.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    2 shots on target.
    Just as well they went in then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well they went in then!

That's a 100% conversion ratio! What are we complaining about ? :D
    Forum Member
    I'm not complaining!

Makes me laugh, really; with 4 games to go we're on level points with a club that has Sturridge, Sterling, Lallana and Ballotelli - and we've got some kid from the academy who started his first ever Prem game in November.

And that's a closer comparison than either the midfield or defence.

Bloody one trick pony.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a point is a point i suppose. If City beat Villa and then us next weekend, both highly likely to happen, then it really is all over for 4th as it'll be mathematically impossible for us to catch them.
    I can't help feeling that it will be Liverpool who would benefit if City slip us and not us.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we scraped another point to stay in the battle for 5th, 6th or 7th spot.

Can't think of anything more constructive to say other than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help feeling that it will be Liverpool who would benefit if City slip us and not us.

Yeah that's pretty much how it is now anyway now that City won. To be honest, if United win tomorrow I think the top 4 as it is now will be the top 4 at the end of the season.

United will be 10 points clear with 4 games to play and they'll be at home to West Brom next weekend knowing a win will secure them at least 4th spot.

It'll then be a three way fight for Europa League places between us, Liverpool and Southampton. And with Southampton only a point behind us, we may well be "lucky" enough to miss out.
  • Vinnie VegaVinnie Vega Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Poch out, he's AVB MK2.

Sideways, backwards turgid boring football with no objective to possession.

Shame teletext isn't still going, it would be the best way to watch Spurs since Harry got the boot.
This discussion has been closed.