Sky Sports subscribers to get free Mobile and Sky Player Access till end of 2010

Comments

• irvin38Airvin38A Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool. Nice find.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Nice one. How much data will this use in todays lean times I wonder? I have 1gb a month from Tesco. Might get my first letter by September :D
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Yes, I know, I saw it this afternoon on the Sky Corporate website

It does not effect me as I have Multiroom,
    I am sure other people will benefit, which is a good thing

Live TV from Sky for Free on your PC/Mac is very good indeed
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roll on the 12th
  • Funky_TomatoFunky_Tomato Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roll on the 12th

You can actually use the Sky Player service now as it was a continuation of the two month free offer that ran until 14/6/09, but now only includes Sky Sports and no other channels apart from Sky News.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can actually use the Sky Player service now as it was a continuation of the two month free offer that ran until 14/6/09, but now only includes Sky Sports and no other channels apart from Sky News.

I want Mobile for the Iphone

As a multiroom subscriber we have had access to it via this www

http://www.skysports.com/video/tv/

for yonks,but due to our location/distance from the exchange its piss poor so never gets used
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    iphone only that says...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    markybaby wrote: »
    Nice one. How much data will this use in todays lean times I wonder? I have 1gb a month from Tesco. Might get my first letter by September :D

It is VERY heavy with regards data use. Watch
    1/2 a football match and your 1GB will be gone.
  • robrymondukrobrymonduk Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I can see, all the channels are working for me, not just Sky Sports ones.
  • mo.dilwarmo.dilwar Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    As far as I can see, all the channels are working for me, not just Sky Sports ones.

Sky player or Sky Mobile TV?

I already have access to Sky Player live streams as I have multiroom.

How do I get access to Sky Mobile TV? I had downloaded the app no my iPhone before and used the 3 month free offer from O2.

Do I need to call/text Sky for promo code? As when I try to sign up to the service now it states £6 and theres a box for a promo code.

Thanks in advanced.
  • speedyritespeedyrite Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Free access now seems to be from 16 July 2010 - I'm sure it originally said 12 July 2010...
  • robrymondukrobrymonduk Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have an account through my girlfriends parents on the Xbox 360. The other day no channels were working as they don't have Sky Broadband or Multiroom. I checked last night and all channels were streaming live, not just Sky Sports.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speedyrite wrote: »
    Free access now seems to be from 16 July 2010 - I'm sure it originally said 12 July 2010...

Me to,thats why I posted earlier,Roll on the 12th
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    yup, it did say 12th, it looks like im gonna have to wait till Friday to get my SSN fix at lunchtimes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    yup, it did say 12th, it looks like im gonna have to wait till Friday to get my SSN fix at lunchtimes

works today for me.
    Forum Member
    coulsontom wrote: »
    works today for me.

Sky Player or Mobile TV?
    Forum Member
    mo.dilwar wrote: »
    How do I get access to Sky Mobile TV? I had downloaded the app no my iPhone before and used the 3 month free offer from O2.

Do I need to call/text Sky for promo code? As when I try to sign up to the service now it states £6 and theres a box for a promo code.

Thanks in advanced.

Undoubtedly there will be a promo code but how to get one is still unknown! Maybe we will find out on Friday (16 July)?
    Forum Member
    speedyrite wrote: »
    Undoubtedly there will be a promo code but how to get one is still unknown! Maybe we will find out on Friday (16 July)?

Yeah I have read both the Digital Spy article and the press release but found no reference to how you go about getting the free access.
    Forum Member
    See this:

http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky/article?contentid=5766310

"From Friday 16th July, Sky Mobile TV will be free until 31st December 2010 to all new and existing Sky Sports 1 & 2 customers.

Come back on Friday to take advantage of this great offer."
    Forum Member
    Sky player works today for me
    Forum Member
    Sky player works today for me

i dont think anyone is saying it doesnt work.

I think we are all interested in the free bit,which wont happen till Friday now
    Forum Member
    Go here http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky/article?contentid=5766310 to sign up for the free Sky Mobile TV until 31/12/2010 offer for Sky Sports subscribers. There are seperate links to sign up on either iPhone/iPod touch or iPad.

It's going to be £5 per month thereafter.

For customers who do not subscribe to Sky Sports it will be £6 per month on iPhone/iPod touch or £35 per month on iPad.
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    i dont think anyone is saying it doesnt work.

I think we are all interested in the free bit,which wont happen till Friday now

ok then should i make it even clearer:

Sky Player was working from monday the 12th for me for FREE.
    Forum Member
    ok then should i make it even clearer:

Sky Player was working from monday the 12th for me for FREE.

ok :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Sweet - I only recently cancelled the Sky Mobile sub as I was not watching it much - now its free for the rest of the year :D