Options

Will Shaun 'EVER' get any show out of this?

JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
Forum Member
:D:D

I think he's been hilarious and the most 'natural' celeb this series.

But will ITV want to entertain him and give him a TV show?

I would love a sweary, anything goes type show, where the guests just say the first thing that comes to mind without being censored.

But I guess that's not what ITV have in mind, sadly. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it's what Shaun has in mind either to be fair:D He's a musician - he's got the Gorillaz thing, the Black Grape reunion, another Happy Mondays reunion apparently, a greatest hits album coming out... he's going to be busy enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I doubt it's what Shaun has in mind either to be fair:D He's a musician - he's got the Gorillaz thing, the Black Grape reunion, another Happy Mondays reunion apparently, a greatest hits album coming out... he's going to be busy enough!

Good to hear it. :)
  • Options
    Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think TV is where Shaun's at either. He probably just did this to get his name in the limelight again and it might help him reboot his music career a bit.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTW wrote: »

I would love a sweary, anything goes type show, where the guests just say the first thing that comes to mind without being censored.

A show focussing on guests with tourettes might be a winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think TV is where Shaun's at either. He probably just did this to get his name in the limelight again and it might help him reboot his music career a bit.

Yep, you are probably right.

Good luck to him anyway. :)
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I understand it, his music ran into problems as the publishers or record company stopped him from performing .. His assets were frozen for six years.

But I see that situation ended in 95 and he's back making music.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His greatest hits is released on 20th December so he's done this at the right time to make sure sales are good.

Good luck to him, he's done some great stuff over the years and music is his big love
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JTW wrote: »

Why would he get a show? For what reason? He couldn't present to save his life and being funny in the jungle is no indicator that he has the skills to front a tv show. But more to the point, he is the one person I'd believe 100% did not go on IAC for anything other than the cash and the experience and has no more interest in fronting a tv show than my dog has. And that's why I like him: effortlessly funny but under no illusions about himself. Music is his thing, not minding his manners on some tv show. :)
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He don't get on with people he don't know how could he do a chat show or be interviewd on a chat show? I couldn't see what he'd do on tv other than sing in his band tbh.Apart from that Shaun has a lifetime ban from appearing live on Channel 4 after swearing on two separate occasions while appearing on TFI Friday in the 1990’s.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully not, he should crawl back under his drug-laced rock.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what else he can get, he doesnt have much in the way of people skills does he?
    :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's been off drugs since 2001
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He did the festivals this summer. Was great at V!
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potty mouth, thick as a plank, can't operate a walkie talkie, can't use tools, the goat task proved he hasn't got a musical bone in his body, intolerant of other people - so I doubt he'll be flooded with offers of work.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think he's funny on this watch him & Bez on Most Haunted: With The Happy Mondays. Hilarious doesn't cover it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    If you think he's funny on this watch him & Bez on Most Haunted: With The Happy Mondays. Hilarious doesn't cover it.

Does anyone have a link for that - I can't find it on YT
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member

You really are only happy being negative aren't you.....what are the point of your posts, a need for attention?

Maybe you should find some outside interests as DS certainly doesnt seem to do it for you.

Your comment is so off kilter as to be laughable - you are obviously making comments about someone that you are completely out of touch with, in regard to his life as he is today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    Potty mouth, thick as a plank, can't operate a walkie talkie, can't use tools, the goat task proved he hasn't got a musical bone in his body, intolerant of other people - so I doubt he'll be flooded with offers of work.

Hasn't got a musical bone in his body?:eek: shame on you:eek::eek:
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a link for that - I can't find it on YT
    It's been put up twice, and taken down twice :mad:

I'll message you if I see it pop up again, cos I'm nice, me. (I've seen it three times by the way :D)

no idea if downloading it is legal, so I won't post a link , but if you google "ghosthunting with the happy mondays" something should be available ;)
  • Options
    LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    havent seen that ep but really hope to soon hopefully they might repeat it soon because of shauns sucess in the jungle :)
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    I believe his record company advised him to go in. I doubt he's interested in doing a TV show.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could do, but I dont think he would court that sort of publicity I think he got his dosh, got some airtime, couple of interviews and he is happy to go back to his family. Like he said he is not a people person so in that comment the best person did win. He would be uncomfortable in interviews, like he was at the end of the show when both Stacy and Shaun were being interviewed, he did look uncomfortable and he had to think about his words without swearing, bless him:D
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »

That was funny.

Btw Tony Wilson called him the greatest poet since Yeats, a bit OTT but he is a talented lyricist and songwriter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Why would he get a show? For what reason? He couldn't present to save his life and being funny in the jungle is no indicator that he has the skills to front a tv show. But more to the point, he is the one person I'd believe 100% did not go on IAC for anything other than the cash and the experience and has no more interest in fronting a tv show than my dog has. And that's why I like him: effortlessly funny but under no illusions about himself. Music is his thing, not minding his manners on some tv show. :)

Well said, i agree. Shaun has already admitted he is not a "people person" so no way would he want to do tv. Loved him last night when he said Gillian was "me, me, me". I love how he is a proper man, no pretensions or falseness. Nice to see the old rock and roll personality come out when he smashed up the Ikea flatpack furniture. Brilliant.:D
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

What a ridiculous thing to say.