Options

So whats your Broadband speed at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Here's my bragging rights :mad:

been uploading about a dozen images to my website for nearly two hours and got about half of them uploaded

http://eventphotographer.smugmug.com/photos/i-M2kk5nz/0/M/i-M2kk5nz-M.jpg

Crikey, where do you live? Isles of Scilly? You definitely need fibre, wherever you are.

I uploaded 15 full size jpegs earlier (213MBytes) in 1m 45s, which is handy.
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Crikey, where do you live? Isles of Scilly? You definitely need fibre, wherever you are.

I uploaded 15 full size jpegs earlier (213MBytes) in 1m 45s, which is handy.

where do I live - smack in the center of the UK 8 ,miles from Leeds city center
    according to the when is it coming to you website sometime in the future possibly 2013
  • Options
    wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    My current speed on 3 mobile broadband using a TP-Link MR3220 3G router sat on the window ledge:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2367513454.png
  • Options
    -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    9.24 down 1.12 up. Virgin media. Should go up by the end of this month.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a speed test a few mins ago and heres what I got.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2368609305.png

Darren
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question: who does the best upload speed? And why are we still in the dark ages when it comes to upload speed? (Not everyone just wants to send keyboard clicks!)
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question: who does the best upload speed? And why are we still in the dark ages when it comes to upload speed? (Not everyone just wants to send keyboard clicks!)

I am also keen to hear who does the best for uploading as I upload huge amounts of images and at the moment it is not happening with O2
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Still in the 10day evaluation period, pleased with results so far....

Sky Fibre - 51.66 down and 9.17up
  • Options
    Forum Member

BT Infinity 2 does 16Mbps+ upload speed for many people e,g, just now, http://www.speedtest.net/result/2370351554.png

That's faster than my previous Sky broadband downloads, and I'm fairly near an exchange.

Think you have to go for the more expensive Sky Fibre Pro to get that with them, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16Mbps! Wow! I dream of upload speeds like that!

I don't get that in download speed either with Sky unlimited. However I do get (Or did as I have just moved house) about 10mbps download and a poxy 1Mbps upload - Takes me ages to pay back torrents. But the truly unlimited bit is a godsend as I rack up the GBs in the 100s.

Still I'm using a 3 mobile dongle on my desktop at the moment as Sky can't put a phone line in until the 16th January (Or to be correct, Mr Openreach can't). It has a 21Mbps download which is nice but an obvious limit on how much I can afford to download at their expensive prices.

Still it gets me on here for the time being and it will be interesting to see what speed I get from Sky when they connect me up again. (I'm nearer the exchange)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    16Mbps! Wow! I dream of upload speeds like that!

I don't get that in download speed either with Sky unlimited. However I do get (Or did as I have just moved house) about 10mbps download and a poxy 1Mbps upload - Takes me ages to pay back torrents. But the truly unlimited bit is a godsend as I rack up the GBs in the 100s.

With torrents, you do need Sky fibre then, as BT throttle them (but not anything else).
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    With torrents, you do need Sky fibre then, as BT throttle them (but not anything else).

You can get around that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can get around that.

Don't over-comproxicate matters! :p
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5Mps Down 0.7 Up, I live over a mile from the exchange, I'm switching to fibre on Monday I live right next to the fttc box and have been told to expect 80Mps/20Mps.
  • Options
    bigbrotherwafabigbrotherwafa Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used to get very high speeds in the city, now I live in the middle of nowhere and only get about 1.5/2Mb down. :(
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    18.07 download and .98 upload.

I have BT but cannot get infinity, my speeds improved when I moved the router 16 inches further away from my p.c.

I am considering talk talk because they are cheap, undecided as yet tho.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    34.60 down.
    6.87 up. BT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I'd like that. But as they have only just fibered my exchange by 31st December (or should be) it may take many months if not years to get it to all the streets.

I'm a bit closer to the exchange now and 10Mbps wasn't that bad at all (with many people getting a lot less) and it was unlimited and cheap. Just the poxy 1Mbps upload that sucks.

To have to wait and pay a lot more for fibre is not an option yet.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DownStream Connection Speed 72496
    UpStream Connection Speed 20000
  • Options
    sumposumpo Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Just upgraded to Sky Fibre Pro, very pleased with results so far (SPEEDTEST.NET) Download 75.42 Upload 16.94. :)

YtLNX.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    We have had Sky Fibre Unlimited since 17th December and it hasn't wavered from 40/10 since installation. Prior to this we got 2/0.8 so I am more than happy!:)
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is still a steady 11.5Mb/s, still works good. Still happy with my broadband and certainly glad I did not wait for fibre.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently on this location 2.66 down, 0.38 up

Market 1 exchange so no fibre, cable or LLU available.

Syncs around 6 meg, so somethings wrong somewhere, I've had 4 meg in the past which is more like it. Just been on the phone they could call out BT engineer but if the fault is my end it's a £150 call out charge... hmmm.
  • Options
    IntrakotaIntrakota Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    BT are responsible for the line as far as the 1st socket inside your property, (the master socket) from that first socket onwards its your problem.
    I would suggest plugging your modem into the master socket and test from that point, if its still crap then its there problem and you don't get charged.
    Mum had a wire off at the exchange, hardly her fault !