Actors who fell off the radar

Comments

• k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Dabney Coleman

He used to be in everything.

He'll always be Principal Prickley to me :)

My vote goes to Nick Stahl, from John Connor to cleaning dishes in a decade.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just watching Drag Me To Hell a few nights ago featuring the lovely and talented Alison Lohman and she hasn't done anything since 2009, although I believe that it's because has had a kid.

Sadly I am not the father. :D
  • gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Mary Stuart Masterson, AFAIK ain't done much since episode 13 of touch season 1 - yet her husband was a recurring guest star in royal pains last year and very good he was too:D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Anyone heard of Georgina Cates?

She used to be known as Clare Woodgate and was the original daughter in 2 Point 4 Children.

She then changed her name and went into films.
    She did a nude scene in her first film which might be why I remember her :D and then crappy low budget movies. I think in one she played a hooker.

Hasn't really done much else.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Anyone heard of Georgina Cates?

She used to be known as Clare Woodgate and was the original daughter in 2 Point 4 Children.

Looks like she used to be married to Skeet Ulrich, another one who fell off the radar!
    Forum Member
    Michael Beihn. Just seen his name mentioned in the Alien reboot thread. Haven't seen him in a film for a while.

Infact I could probably only list three.
    Aliens, The Terminator, Navy Seals.
    Forum Member
    Daniela Nardini - She popped up in BBC4 show Bob Servant recently.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Horns the other day, was surprised to see Heather Graham in not much more than a cameo, what happened to her career?
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Saw Horns the other day, was surprised to see Heather Graham in not much more than a cameo, what happened to her career?

I'm guessing casting directors finally realised that she couldn't act? :D
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Laura Elena Harring seemed to have not followed up her "Mullholland Drive" success
    until 2006 (when she turned up in "The Shield" and "One Missed Call") .
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sean bean in goldeneye. ^_^
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    sean bean in goldeneye ^_^

:D:D:D
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaye Davidson
    Bridget Fonda
    Rick Moranis
    Renee Zellweger
    Roberto Benigni
    Thora Birch
    Macaulay Culkin
    Barret Oliver

...and a shed load of young stars from the 1990s.
    Forum Member
    Cherie Lunghi hasn't been doing much since 2011....
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Ben Barnes, if he'd like to show his beautiful face on screen again I have absolutely no problem with this :P
    Forum Member
    Quixotic wrote: »
    Renee Zellweger
    She was all over the papers/net a few weeks back. Not for her acting though.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Carrey in The Cable Guy (literally)
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas Jane.

Did a few big movies, The Crow, Face Off, Deep Blue Sea, Thin Red Line, and a Punisher adaptation which I suspect was meant to break him into the big time...but it was not very good and not well received, and he seems to have drifted into fair to middling movies and occasional TV.

I mention him because I saw him in a piece of dross last night called Vice, with Bruce Willis. He looked completely dishevelled, unshaven, scruffy etc...and yet he was playing a detective.
    Forum Member
    Thomas Jane.

Did a few big movies, The Crow, Face Off, Deep Blue Sea, Thin Red Line, and a Punisher adaptation which I suspect was meant to break him into the big time...but it was not very good and not well received, and he seems to have drifted into fair to middling movies and occasional TV.

I mention him because I saw him in a piece of dross last night called Vice, with Bruce Willis. He looked completely dishevelled, unshaven, scruffy etc...and yet he was playing a detective.
    I actually thought of him yesterday as I was browsing the Sky On Demand Movies and he was in one of them.

Do you remember Thursday? Quite a quirky film.
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what's the deal with brendan frazier ?

california man , george of the jungle etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then the blockbuster mummy series

now ?

how come he isn't a huge megastar now ? ,,,, is he notoriously difficult to work with etc become a demanding diva etc ?,,,,,,,or what ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,, he just sort of disappeared
    Forum Member
    trayhop123 wrote: »
    what's the deal with brendan frazier ?

california man , george of the jungle etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then the blockbuster mummy series

now ?

how come he isn't a huge megastar now ? ,,,, is he notoriously difficult to work with etc become a demanding diva etc ?,,,,,,,or what ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,, he just sort of disappeared

The last film Fraser was in that was a commerical success was the first GI movie
    in 2009. He has a big TV miniseries in the pipeline, "Texas Rising"- maybe he
    wants to do a Matthew McConaughey and move to the small screen.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan Fraser was always punching above his weight. Sometimes, in the absence of genuine talent (or simply someone with genuine charismatic screen presence) Hollywood needs to fill a gap and they push forward who ever is around at the time, until the real deal, or a slightly better 2nd best comes along.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I actually thought of him yesterday as I was browsing the Sky On Demand Movies and he was in one of them.

Do you remember Thursday? Quite a quirky film.

I quite liked Stander.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    He'll always be Principal Prickley to me :)

My vote goes to Nick Stahl, from John Connor to cleaning dishes in a decade.

really, he is actually cleaning dishes, mmmmm

I would add Tom Berenger, always seemed destined to be a bigger movie star than he turned out to be

i had no idea, Bridget Fonda retired or that Kelly Mcgillis opened a cake shop, I knew Sean Connery retired and that Rick Moranis, found it too difficult to juggle raising kids, after the death of his wife in 1991 and found, he didn't miss movies too much

I wonder who else, voluntarily chucked it in and retired