Options

Jason's Domination on comments

shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just me or is Jason a fairly smart man. Holly reliably goes to the judges who scored the highest and lowest marks, so I think Jason purposely marks low so he is guaranteed the limelight he so much desires.
Ruthie even interrupted Holly last week as she wanted to say something and Holly wasn't asking her for her reasons for her marks on any of the dancers.

Also if Robin is head judge then how come we rarely hear his opinions? it is as if his judging is not important, and given that in all the eliminations it has been a foregone conclusion based on others votes coming first, he hasn't even had the 'advantage' of having the deciding vote.

I personally think that judges should be asked to comment on a rota basis, more like on SCD, and it might be a bit better if we got judges comments before marks, seeing as after seeing the marks we already know what way the comment is heading.

this is all just my opinion of course and I am more than open to people disagreeing.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ITV won't want their show format similair to SCD. ITV & the BBC are always at each others throats!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I completely agree with you Shandygirl - I have said the exact same thing since this series started! I would much rather hear more from Robin, Karen and Nicky - they are the ones that know about skating after all!!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone mentioned it on another forum and i looked out for it on Sunday and we didn't actually hear from Jason alot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    priggy wrote: »
    Someone mentioned it on another forum and i looked out for it on Sunday and we didn't actually hear from Jason alot.

We certainly didn't hear from him as much this week, although he's still getting the lion's share. I'm hoping that the programme makers are taking note of the complaints on the ITV forums. I got so fed up with it last series that I was completely bored when it started again this series.
  • Options
    Fox8Fox8 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    and if he gets ignored when giving a "3" score, you can guarantee he'll score the next couple even lower so that he gets attention again:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Robin is a head judge, he doesn't really get the chance to do anything leadership like...Karen, Nicky and Robin are the more interesting ones to me, Jason and that new girl can have a slagging off match elsewhere.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the head judge is pointless. They don't do anything and don't have any extra powers. It should be Karen IMO, shes the one most involved with the show. Holly should ask the judges in order for example:

Performance 1- Karen & Nicky
    Performance 2- Nicky & Jason
    Performance 3- Jason & Ruthie

and so on ...
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fox8 wrote: »
    and if he gets ignored when giving a "3" score, you can guarantee he'll score the next couple even lower so that he gets attention again:rolleyes:

As we all know that Jason only ever gives low scores, he should only be asked for his opinion when he gives a high score. Can you imagine Holly ever saying' Jason, that's the second 5.5 you've given this evening.' :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Jasons comments are just attention grabbing , do you notice if someone skates well the skaters on the panel score well and then the other 2 score poorly. Why are they even there theya re just annoying
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with all the people who have said he gets too much attention. How he can judge fairly when he doesn't know anything about ice dancing is beyond me. He's just there to cause controversy and to get the viewers and audience members more invloved. Ruthie is nearly as bad too and she's no more qualified than Jason.