Now You See Me - 3/10

Black Swan - 3/10

Only God Forgives - 2/10
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Worlds End - 7.5/10

World War Z - 7/10

The Keith Lemon Film - 1/10 (I lasted a total of 15 dismal minutes)

Jack the Giant Slayer - 4/10
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    The Heat (2013) - :)

5 - :D
    4 - :)
    3 - :confused:
    2 - :(
    1 - :mad:
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shell (2012) 8.5/10
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching the sessions . Very moving film about a guy with polio. Who hires a sex surrogate . I know the way I have described it is a bit American pie - ish but its anything but. Exceptional film based on a true story too.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Stand by me - 9/10

Not very impressed with the blue ray quality though.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Bad Teacher - 5/10 for the film, 10/10 for Cameron Diaz.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Green Lantern - Disappointed with the CGI. For the first 10 minutes I thought it was a cartoon.

Dredd - Enjoyable enough shoot em up actioner.
    I did get a bit bored with the use of slomo shots. I know it tied into the story but it was still bloody annoying.

Whatever you think of the film or comparing it to the new Robocop I think it does indicate that you need violence and a bit of gore in these types of films. It's an 18 for a reason and don't think it would have worked at all being a kids film.
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching the sessions . Very moving film about a guy with polio. Who hires a sex surrogate . I know the way I have described it is a bit American pie - ish but its anything but. Exceptional film based on a true story too.

I've just watched this. It brings to mind 'Who's life is it anyway'.
    A bitter-sweet film 10/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    G.I. Joe: Retaliation - 7/10

Bruce Willis pisses me off so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The Sweeney 2/10
    So all the Flying Squad ever did was beat people to a pulp whilst calling them a slag - is that police work!. 30 years out of date and a theme tune thats just a horrible noise.
    On the plus side some of the night shots of london were beautiful.
    I'll be picking the film tonight me thinks:)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Emma_B_87 wrote: »
    The Sweeney 2/10
    So all the Flying Squad ever did was beat people to a pulp whilst calling them a slag - is that police work!.

Now I have the image of naked Ray Winstone back in my head :cry:
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Orphan - Passable horror/thriller about a couple that adopt an pyschopathic girl following a miscarriage, some good moments and a rather bizarre twist at the end. 6/10
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    In the House "Dans la maison" 2012, 7/10
    Started out great and it was a good premise, about a teacher who becomes intrigued with the writings of one of his students. The student writes about his obsession with the family and mother of a co-student. It is intriguing to begin with, but it doesn't really go anywhere, and deteriorates towards the later part of the film.
    Nonetheless, it's enjoyable if somewhat farcical.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Dark Skies 6/10
    Horror type from creators of Paranormal trilogy, 60% of thie film was really good last 40% was so, so. Keri Russell is excellent in it, and it's well made, worth a look and for it's genre pretty decent.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Savages - 8/10 - Just saw this on sky, was gripped from the beginning surprised this passed me by over the last year.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Warriors

This 1979 film is STILL the greatest "gang" movie ever made (to me anyway). It's as close to perfect as you can get. I loved the various gangs in it - the baseball furies are a standout of course. And the opening credit when the Coney Island Wonder Wheel appears onscreen gives you an uneasy vibe thanks to the brief creepy music. I was surprised to learn that all the gang members in the park scene (where Cyrus makes his speech) are real. It turns out that director Walter Hill requested it. And among the gang members were undercover cops who were dressed up as gangs. They were there to make sure no trouble occurred during the filming of that scene.

The version I watched is the original theatrical one. I still haven't seen the director's cut which has the comic-book style panels that many have complained about. I'm really curious about this one. Anyway, I highly recommend this film.
This discussion has been closed.