m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink frogs
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all strive to reach your calibre of excellence. Please permit evolution to grace us with the air of superiority you currently breathe :)

As long as that's understood, carry on. ;-)

However, my point stands...slurred speech does not mean slurred typing. Its a cliché!
  • Options
    Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    As long as that's understood, carry on. ;-)

Of curse squire. Fank ewe four yor blunderstanding..:D
  • Options
    AnonimusAnonimus Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    I managed to put a can of Guinness in the freezer for later (It does say serve ice cold but that's my excuse).
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anonimus wrote: »
    I managed to put a can of Guinness in the freezer for later (It does say serve ice cold but that's my excuse).

Hopefully you're kidding Anonimus, but a couple of years ago, my brother-in-law and his family rented a house in Orlando FL. to take his grand-kids to Disney.
    My wife and I were in Hudson FL. and drove over to visit them.
    While sitting around the pool having a drink, there was a loud noise from the kitchen.
    He had put a case of Dos Equis beer in the freezer and it had exploded.
    When I asked him why he'd done that, he said, "Well, I've seen you put Stolychnya vodka in your freezer, and it's always been O.K."
    I told my wife that if her brother had been with her when we first met, I probably would never have called her, on the basis that the entire family must have been nuts.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Hopefully you're kidding Anonimus, but a couple of years ago, my brother-in-law and his family rented a house in Orlando FL. to take his grand-kids to Disney.
    While sitting around the pool having a drink, there was a loud noise from the kitchen.
    When I asked him why he'd done that, he said, "Well, I've seen you put Stolychnya vodka in your freezer, and it's always been O.K."
    I told my wife that if her brother had been with her when we first met, I probably would never have called her, on the basis that the entire family must have been nuts.

Lol!!! I have to confess I once really wanted a cold can or two of coke. I had one, which was lovely and cold, but forgot about the other. I ended up with a massive coke ice cube! If only I had been able to get it out of the can! It seemed like such a good idea at the time too! :-)
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe, I had to go work today , fished at 2pm, got home
    At home 2:30

My sister in law made the xmas dinner , as her family came over to our house

We had are first dinner But we be going to my Auntie , down the road , for the next xmas pary
    And get drunk but Won't be playing the eastender shot's game again this year .

So far only had to budwiser but my brother is now making me snowball as I type!

Might be drunk later so won't be able to type

Have very merry not sober xmas if you can!
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only on my 4th can of Coors tonight.Nothing alcoholic all day.Driving and all that.:cool:
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Only on my 4th can of Coors tonight.Nothing alcoholic all day.Driving and all that.:cool:

pretty sure you're alright to drink coors and drive anyway. known as the drinking beer along with fosters and carlsberg
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member

Talking of explosions...we all went to visit my aunty and uncle in yorkshire years ago and while we were all sitting doing family gabbing and much dog stroking there was one almighty bang that stopped the room.
    Turned out my aunty had took a pilsbury dough tube out of her fridge and left it in the hot room we were all sitting in.
    Believe me to this day im still very wary of those tubes....the noise was massive when that tube popped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    pretty sure you're alright to drink coors and drive anyway. known as the drinking beer along with fosters and carlsberg

I love it as it tastes good,it's cheap but best of all it doesn't give me or anybody a hangover!.Must be some secret ingredient.:confused:
    I have my own quality breathalyser and i blew double the Scottish legal limit of 0.5 BAC this morning.Down to 0.2 by 6pm so ok to drive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking of explosions...we all went to visit my aunty and uncle in yorkshire years ago and while we were all sitting doing family gabbing and much dog stroking there was one almighty bang that stopped the room.
    Turned out my aunty had took a pilsbury dough tube out of her fridge and left it in the hot room we were all sitting in.
    Believe me to this day im still very wary of those tubes....the noise was massive when that tube popped.

Pilsbury Dough tubes that takes me back a while.:D
    Like a pipe bomb of dough!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pilsbury Dough tubes that takes me back a while.:D
    Like a pipe bomb of dough!.

Have you ever heard one going off in a hot room?
    Its like putting a gas canister on a fire.
    They are scary.
  • Options
    WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bottle of Barolo (thanks to the Food and Drink forum for that one) and most of a bottle of prosecco, but all spread over several hours so I'm feeling reasonably chipper. I'm currently being taunted by bottles of whisky, rum and port, any of which will leap at the chance to screw me over.

I should really go to bed but the port in particular looks like it's going to be excellent, and I am sorely tempted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever heard one going off in a hot room?
    Its like putting a gas canister on a fire.
    They are scary.

Islamic State dough bombs inbound!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bottle of Barolo (thanks to the Food and Drink forum for that one) and most of a bottle of prosecco, but all spread over several hours so I'm feeling reasonably chipper. I'm currently being taunted by bottles of whisky, rum and port, any of which will leap at the chance to screw me over.

I should really go to bed but the port in particular looks like it's going to be excellent, and I am sorely tempted.

'Wine beer and spirits take me down'(Crocodile Shoes- Jimmy Nail).
    'Taunted' LOL!.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Islamic State dough bombs inbound!.

Oh no....im a peaceful person.

The thing is i am getting tiddly now and when i get a bit like that i want to put music on and i dont know why but the first thing i want to put on is he's a pirate.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Yep, I'm a bit squiffy :D

Been drinking since 1pm :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no....im a peaceful person.

The thing is i am getting tiddly now and when i get a bit like that i want to put music on and i dont know why but the first thing i want to put on is he's a pirate.

Do it!.With a yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yep, I'm a bit squiffy :D

Been drinking since 1pm :blush:

That's pretty early.I stopped drinking in the mornings and afternoons a while back.I just couldn't pace myself.It ruined my evenings.So now i only drink from about 8pm onwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do it!.With a yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.:p

As soon as i hear that music i want to raaaarrrrrrr.
    Mind you after that comes dancing queen.
    My music choices are ..ahem...eclectic.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    That's pretty early.I stopped drinking in the mornings and afternoons a while back.I just couldn't pace myself.It ruined my evenings.So now i only drink from about 8pm onwards.

I'm the same, but I make an exception at Christmas and just go a bit crazy :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as i hear that music i want to raaaarrrrrrr.
    Mind you after that comes dancing queen.
    My music choices are ..ahem...eclectic.

Dancing Queen was the first single i ever bought.:p
    I certainly turn up the volume of what i am listening to the more drunk i get.
    Next morning i switch things on and think 'jesus that's loud!'.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I'm the same, but I make an exception at Christmas and just go a bit crazy :p

It's good to cut loose once in a while.It is what makes us who we are.:cool:
    You know you shouldn't.But some strange unfathomable inner force makes you do it!.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One is feeling a little merry right now