Denise Van Outen and Johnny Vaughan fall out

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I see that Denise has raked this up all over again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3028505/Denise-Van-Outen-reveals-REAL-reason-hasn-t-spoken-Johnny-Vaughan-seven-years.html

I remember them together on The Big Breakfast and they did have that rare and special kind is chemistry, but much like Philip and Fern on This Morning they no longer speak. I wonder what happened? I do know that she was much more down to earth back then, I can't believe that its all Johnny's fault.

I dislike how she is trying to blame him for it all.

Comments

• johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was down to them being different people in 2008. Even the closest of friends can find they've grown apart when they reunite years after they originally formed their friendship/worked together. Why Denise is trying to play the victim, I don't know. It comes across as a bit petty, to be honest.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Denise has raked this up all over again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3028505/Denise-Van-Outen-reveals-REAL-reason-hasn-t-spoken-Johnny-Vaughan-seven-years.html

I remember them together on The Big Breakfast and they did have that rare and special kind is chemistry, but much like Philip and Fern on This Morning they no longer speak. I wonder what happened? I do know that she was much more down to earth back then, I can't believe that its all Johnny's fault.

I dislike how she is trying to blame him for it all.

If you read the highest rated comments underneath that story (which basically confirm what I'd think many people have long suspected about Johnny) you get an idea of why he wouldn't exactly be the easiest person to work with, brilliant as he was on the Big Breakfast. But then to me, she doesn't come across as being the nicest of people either, so I would say that they probably both shoulder some of the blame for whatever the reasons for the fallout were. There's no denying that they did have great chemistry and obviously got on really well back the glory days of the BB, so whatever happened, it's sad to see the a friendship end like that.

As you say, it does seem to be similar to what went on between Schofield and Britton, who worked really well together on screen and seemed to have a strong friendship, and also to whatever happened between Chris Moyles and 'Comedy Dave', who worked together for over ten years but no longer appear to have any kind of contact with each other for unknown reasons. Perhaps none of them were ever as close as they appeared to be in the first place, or maybe their showbiz egos eventually got in the way of friendship.

I just hope that Ant and Dec never fall out, because that really would signal the end of the world as we know it! :p
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is old news..I guess a repeat of this interview a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1woRzb9Godc
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Denise and Johnny were brilliant on TBB imo, but.. i dunno, maybe even if they were genuine friends it was hard to work together.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you read the highest rated comments underneath that story (which basically confirm what I'd think many people have long suspected about Johnny) you get an idea of why he wouldn't exactly be the easiest person to work with, brilliant as he was on the Big Breakfast. But then to me, she doesn't come across as being the nicest of people either, so I would say that they probably both shoulder some of the blame for whatever the reasons for the fallout were. There's no denying that they did have great chemistry and obviously got on really well back the glory days of the BB, so whatever happened, it's sad to see the a friendship end like that.

As you say, it does seem to be similar to what went on between Schofield and Britton, who worked really well together on screen and seemed to have a strong friendship, and also to whatever happened between Chris Moyles and 'Comedy Dave', who worked together for over ten years but no longer appear to have any kind of contact with each other for unknown reasons. Perhaps none of them were ever as close as they appeared to be in the first place, or maybe their showbiz egos eventually got in the way of friendship.

I just hope that Ant and Dec never fall out, because that really would signal the end of the world as we know it! :p

Well no, they don't. Highest rated comments underneath an article confirm nothing.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the pair of them
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would never happen. Too awful to contemplate. :(

Think egos grow as people get more famous and that the ego is then more important than the friendship. "Its all about ME". Sad - but think many marriages or friendships breakdown as fame - and all its trappings - get in the way.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Sara Cox who also co-presented C4's The Big Breakfast friends with Denise Van Outen?

I'd heard rumours flying around that Sara had an argument with Johnny Vaughan on the set of TBB years ago and this may have caused Denise to take sides with her galpal. I'd hazard a guess that the above incident could explain why Johnny's attitude changed towards Denise from that moment on. I don't think Johnny's the forgiving type from what I know about him.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    It would never happen. Too awful to contemplate. :(

Think egos grow as people get more famous and that the ego is then more important than the friendship. "Its all about ME". Sad - but think many marriages or friendships breakdown as fame - and all its trappings - get in the way.

Agree. I could be wrong but both come across as having huge egos and being quite self-absorbed people. Relationships like that (between similar people) work well when each is stroking the other's ego but once the balance gets tipped, it can all get a bit nasty.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is still going on about this? Crikey. Move on with your life woman.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    She is still going on about this? Crikey. Move on with your life woman.

She's not "going on about it". She was asked about it and answered.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not "going on about it". She was asked about it and answered.

She could have refused to answer, or simply said something along the lines of "We'd grown apart and weren't the same people in 2008 that we were back in the Big Breakfast days". Lumping all the blame on Johnny seems a bit petty, especially 7 years later!

I find it hard to believe that the fault lay 100% with Johnny. I also find it hard to believe that Denise was incapable of having words with Johnny if he did play up. She's always come across as super confident, so I'm not buying the "He knocked my confidence" claim. Also, the reason she gave for leaving at the time (her working hours meant that she hardly saw her boyfriend) makes much more sense.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of DVO, but I do think Johnny Vaughn could possibly be difficult. I remember seeing him being interviewed on Strictly It Takes Two supporting Lisa Snowdon and he was totally overbearing. I never listened to the breakfast show but there was an interesting comment on the article about how a listener felt Vaughn controlled Snowdon on the show a little. I feel a bit sorry for Snowdon as she seemed to spend most of her season of Strictly calming Brendan Cole down and getting mud slung at her for being judges pet, but I digress.

Didn't Johnny Vaughn vanish from Capital Radio with almost no notice in the end?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Johnny Vaughn vanish from Capital Radio with almost no notice in the end?

I remember actually listening to what turned out to be his final show. It ended with no indication that it was the end for him and he even said they'd be back the following week.

It broke a few hours later that he'd left. They said they weren't renewing his contract and he told them he didn't want to work his notice so he was gone - there's still been no clue as to why any of it happened.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    A massive clash of the ego from both DVO & JV.

I really enjoyed them on TBB, never heard them on radio but I would imagine they'd clash in a work environment, both very over bearing.
    Slightly O/T but I think JV & Liza Tarbuck were great at presenting TBB.