What's his game? Need bloke advice!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
Forum Member
Hey there, was wondering if I could have some love advice lol

Have shared a few kisses on nights out with this bloke over the past few yrs, know him through friends. He has made it clear he fancies me telling me "I'm very pretty". However he is a terrible rep as a ladies man so I was wary. I have had very bad experiences growing up which I don't really want to go into but it has basically given me a fear of sex - I have been going to a councillor and am working through things well however I don't want to rush things with someone before I am ready and who might not understand.

Few weekends ago, we bumped into each other and ended up losing all our mutual friends. He invited me back to his for drinks. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea so said prob not a good idea. He insisted saying we can just hang out nothing has to happen. He spent the whole time at his telling me how much he likes me and asked me to stay over. I said no and without going into too much detail explained why I wanted to take things slow. He seemed to understand but by the time the sun was coming up we were both drunk and shattered so I ended up staying tho nothing happened.

However the next morning he was kinda wierd with me, not nasty but not very chatty. We never swapped numbers, neither of us asked the other. I am finding this very hard to understand and feel like such a fool for opening up to him and trusting him if all he wanted was sex. I am not familiar with the dating game so very confused. I'm 24.

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I'm not expert, I would say steer clear. If he has a reputation of being a ladies man and you have a fear of sex, it doesn't sound like a good combination.

He may say he understands and all, but if there is a risk of him ending up being a jerk then I don't think it's ideal to peruse it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like hes after one thing and one thing only. Get out while you can. You deserve better than that, he said he understood but clearly didn't really if he wasn't the same the next morning. I would'nt try and take it futher, wait for someone who actually understands and is fine with it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cynic might say it was all a bit of a wasted evening for him, maybe that's why he was a bit off the following morning and didn't want to risk a repetition.

Nothing forr you to feel bad about though.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cynic might say it was all a bit of a wasted evening for him, maybe that's why he was a bit off the following morning and didn't want to risk a repetition.

Nothing forr you to feel bad about though.

this is true. it sounds to me like - to use a movie cliche - "brought his 'A' game" and it didn't work, so that was why he was off.

He sounds like someone who will be charming and schmoozy until he's gotten you into bed and then he'll lose interest.

I'd steer clear of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    who knows? maybe he was just not chatty because he was hungover and you're reading too much into it because you're feeling vulnerable since you revealed some personal information. maybe he's shy when he's not drunk. maybe he was annoyed because he didn't get any. maybe he just doesn't like you.
  • Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    He didn't get what he wanted, and he only wants one thing. Stear clear in future:)
  • NealeNeale Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be any reason why he wasn't chatty/all the rest of it the next morning, alcohol is great for boosting confidence and mornings might not be his thing - he might not have any clue about what to say.

However having lived with a player, and getting to know one of his friends who is an even bigger player I would advise you to be careful !. I've never seen one change, and the way they play their games, you'll believe like they have and you are the only one for them, for the whole time they want something.

Personally, I think you should forget him, sounds like you have enough concerns/thoughts about him running around your head, and after your previous bad experiences I don't think he'd be the guy to reassure you and be there for you. So I agree with most of the others, steer clear, and keep looking for that amazing guy :)
    Scot_babe wrote: »
    Hey there, was wondering if I could have some love advice lol

Have shared a few kisses on nights out with this bloke over the past few yrs, know him through friends. He has made it clear he fancies me telling me "I'm very pretty". However he is a terrible rep as a ladies man so I was wary. I have had very bad experiences growing up which I don't really want to go into but it has basically given me a fear of sex - I have been going to a councillor and am working through things well however I don't want to rush things with someone before I am ready and who might not understand.

Few weekends ago, we bumped into each other and ended up losing all our mutual friends. He invited me back to his for drinks. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea so said prob not a good idea. He insisted saying we can just hang out nothing has to happen. He spent the whole time at his telling me how much he likes me and asked me to stay over. I said no and without going into too much detail explained why I wanted to take things slow. He seemed to understand but by the time the sun was coming up we were both drunk and shattered so I ended up staying tho nothing happened.

However the next morning he was kinda wierd with me, not nasty but not very chatty. We never swapped numbers, neither of us asked the other. I am finding this very hard to understand and feel like such a fool for opening up to him and trusting him if all he wanted was sex. I am not familiar with the dating game so very confused. I'm 24.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't give the guy another chance!!
    Your situation is kinda similar to mines, it is but it's not.
    Guys will use any patter, say anything to get you into bed, well most guys I have met and know.
    You say he has a rep for being a ladies man, chances are he just wanted to bed you and because you said no he no longer wants to know. If he likes you he will be chasing your ass and as he is not well be thankfull you've had a lucky escape from a dirty player.
  • peteroddanpeteroddan Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot_babe wrote: »
    we were both drunk and shattered

... the next morning he was kinda wierd with me, not nasty but not very chatty.

Maybe he was hung over!
    Don't base your opinions on his reputation - why not take the time to form some based on facts.
    From what you've said, he hasn't actually done anything to make you mistrust him. The advice you are receiving from here, albeit well intentioned, is from other peole who have never met this guy!

Arrange to meet up with him again, if he is after only one thing and you make it obvious he's not going to get it, he'll lose interest and all you've done is had a couple of nights out with him. If you don't find out, you'll never know....
  • daisybelle2008daisybelle2008 Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteroddan wrote: »
    Maybe he was hung over!
    Don't base your opinions on his reputation - why not take the time to form some based on facts.
    From what you've said, he hasn't actually done anything to make you mistrust him. The advice you are receiving from here, albeit well intentioned, is from other peole who have never met this guy!

Arrange to meet up with him again, if he is after only one thing and you make it obvious he's not going to get it, he'll lose interest and all you've done is had a couple of nights out with him. If you don't find out, you'll never know....

I think he has already showed he is not that interested. The incident happened a few weeks ago and he did not look for her number or pursue her.
    All that has happened over the last few years is: he has paid a few compliments and tried to bed her and backed off when she turned him down.
    He is just not that into the OP. She is too nice and vulnerable to waste her time on this one and getting burnt big time in the process.
    He just has not shown enough interest to warrant her considering him...
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was probably just hungover and/or not a morning person and might actually be a bit shy without the alchohol. He didn't ask for your number, but can I just point out - you didn't ask for his or offer him yours either. Why don't you get hold of his mobile number through your mutual friends and wing him a text over or ask them to pass on your number? Might be a bit late - you've left it two weeks aswell remember, not just him. :)

It may be that the situation is too heavy for him to deal with, with the issues you've disclosed you have. That doesn't make him a player, a ladies man or a nasty person, it's just easier for him and kinder of him to walk away at this stage if he feels he is not up to supporting you through the healing process.

But! He may really like you and wondering why you didn't offer him your number, ask him to ring you and why you haven't been in touch for a couple of weeks. ;)
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    My gut feeling OP - he was just pissed off because he failed to add another notch to his bedpost - he is just looking for a easy lay and you are way too much like hard work. (Mind you chances are if you had slept with him he would have been off like a shot too - which is no doubt how he got his reputation). He is so the wrong guy for you - you need someone you can get to know as a friend first without all the pressure to have sex ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    He was probably just hungover and/or not a morning person and might actually be a bit shy without the alchohol. He didn't ask for your number, but can I just point out - you didn't ask for his or offer him yours either. Why don't you get hold of his mobile number through your mutual friends and wing him a text over or ask them to pass on your number? Might be a bit late - you've left it two weeks aswell remember, not just him. :)

It may be that the situation is too heavy for him to deal with, with the issues you've disclosed you have. That doesn't make him a player, a ladies man or a nasty person, it's just easier for him and kinder of him to walk away at this stage if he feels he is not up to supporting you through the healing process.

But! He may really like you and wondering why you didn't offer him your number, ask him to ring you and why you haven't been in touch for a couple of weeks. ;)

Are you serious :eek: Do you really think this Ladies man is too shy to ask the number of a women he has tried to bed and failed, and he is sitting around pinning for her and wondering why she has not been in touch..:rolleyes:

OP listen to galena's excellent advice: find someone you is upfront and communicates two-way with you as a friend and hopefully will develop into romance at your pace.

No one is saying this guy is a bad guy, he is just a young guy who wants to play the field and bag a lot of women. Not a good match for the vulnerable op....
    Forget about this guy and work on being friends with the nice guys in your group....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Thanks for everyones advice. I think you have all confirmed what deep down I knew but didn't want to admit to myself.

He is gorgeous and has all the patter so think I was blinkered by that but gonna walk away as I think I got a lucky escape!
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you serious :eek: Do you really think this Ladies man is too shy to ask the number of a women he has tried to bed and failed, and he is sitting around pinning for her and wondering why she has not been in touch..:rolleyes:

He has the reputation as a ladies man, it's not fact, it's hearsay. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and giving a more positive outlook rather than writing him off as everyone else has done here. They obviously like each other, there is - well, was hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    He has the reputation as a ladies man, it's not fact, it's hearsay. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and giving a more positive outlook rather than writing him off as everyone else has done here. They obviously like each other, there is - well, was hope.

Fairplay RR. You are a good soul! I on the other hand am a little more cynical :cool:...
    I think giving the benefit of the doubt is much safer if you are very strong emotionally and have a good gut feeling about the outcome and the person.
    I don't think this applies in this case.....
    OP seems to feel it is better to walk away....