Options

VINCENT & THE DOCTOR - preview clips (Merged)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Not really, no, I very much doubt that SM would have tampered too much with the work of someone with the Hollywood pedigree of Curtis. I have certainly read that Curtis himself reworked elements of the script, but I find the notion that SM would have done a massive rewrite of it himself faintly absurd tbh.

Well this article on the BBC tried to make it sound like Curtis had to do massive rewrites but as usual its lazy journalists making a story out of nothing. He just had to make the Doctor sound more like the Doctor and ..
    less like Hugh Grant.

Apologies for using a spoiler for a rubbish joke.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    TwEeD.NK wrote: »
    Yeah the clips actually picked my interest!

Still irks me how they pronounce 'Van Gogh' though lol

Oh take it to QI! :D
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each "bow ties are cool" line makes me laugh - it's so awesome :p

Very curious about Amy crying at "nothing" ;) But of course how could I forget the "of course!"

- melt -
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    God I love Bill Nighy.
  • Options
    capt.shoegazercapt.shoegazer Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I see of this episode the more and more I look forward to it. I loved the BBC Wales trailer as well- something a little different.

And Bill Nighy is just a god amongst men isnt he? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    am so looking forward to this - thanks greatly for the link! (us poor peps in the US are grateful!)

I have reached the point of almost dreading each episode...the series is coming to an end very quickly it seems!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sat and could not place where I had seen the man playing Vincent before...Tony Curran - I so very much love him!! (in everything I've seen him in) soon as I remembered that he was Marcus in Underworld 2, that made me think about the fact that Bill Nighy is in that too.

wonder how much of a part Bill has...
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you think that?

Actually I've changed my mind now. I guess was just expecting something VERY different under Curtis' pen, in the sense that the dialogue style would be a huge deviation from what we're used to...but I'm now thinking this isn't the case :)
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TwEeD.NK wrote: »
    Yeah the clips actually picked my interest!

Still irks me how they pronounce 'Van Gogh' though lol

Could be worse.

They could be calling him Vincent Van Go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I know ... and if I'm not mistaken it is because the sound of "gh" isn't used in other languages than dutch. Still as a native dutch speaker (actually flemish, but close enough) and having the same "gh" in my last name it really sounds weird to hear it mispronounced heh :D
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Curtis' first draft rejected because his Doctor was speaking 'too posh'?:D

"Right, we seem to have landed! Come along, my dear. No hanky-panky in the TARDIS, such poppycock, this is a children's show. Oh my Giddy Aunt...etc"
    I heard it needed rewriting after the starting scene with the TARDIS running late...

Doctor - "F@ck it! F@ck! F@ck. F@ck. F@ck. F@ckity f@ck! Bugger."

:D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I heard it needed rewriting after the starting scene with the TARDIS running late...

Doctor - "F@ck it! F@ck! F@ck. F@ck. F@ck. F@ckity f@ck! Bugger."

:D

:D:D:D

Like it!