Dallas Channel 5

Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Dallas series 3 is currently on Thursday nights on Channel 5.

This week's episode has been pushed back from 10pm to midnight. Your TV guide will say 10pm, but my freeview TV updates itself when there is a change. Next week's episode airs at 11pm.

I was hoping Channel 5 wouldn't do this again. Think of the viewers who can't stay up late. I will have to record these episodes and watch them at the weekend.

What does everyone else think of the changes to the schedule?

Comments

• Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been discussed quite a bit on the thread in the US forum in here.

Given the origin of the series I presume that is where DS prefer this show to be. :)
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I SKY+ it and watch it the day after anyway so it's not really an issue for me personally.
  • misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Dallas series 3 is currently on Thursday nights on Channel 5.

This week's episode has been pushed back from 10pm to midnight. Your TV guide will say 10pm, but my freeview TV updates itself when there is a change. Next week's episode airs at 11pm.

I was hoping Channel 5 wouldn't do this again. Think of the viewers who can't stay up late. I will have to record these episodes and watch them at the weekend.

What does everyone else think of the changes to the schedule?

I did not even realise this was still on. I heard there was a remake as mummy used to watch this in the 80's but I would imagine if it is being put back it is due to lack of ratings. I know Larry Hagman passed away and from memories of my youth he was Mr Dallas so I would imagine it may be difficult for the show to carry on without him but as I have said I have not been watching so I stand to be corrected if the reason is not due to falling ratings.

Best

M
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 are terrible at scheduling US series. I love Castle but bought the first few series on DVD (before catching up to Alibi's schedule) as I was annoyed at Channel 5's scheduling and delay in showing it.

Moving Dallas to midnight is bad enough, but changing days too is dreadful. I'm lucky enough to have the show on series link and it picked it up, but other viewers might very easily miss it.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only for one week.

It stays on Wednesdays but will be at 11 pm next week.

Ratings in the US are not great so this series (3) might be the last anyway.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only for one week.

It stays on Wednesdays but will be at 11 pm next week.

Ratings in the US are not great so this series (3) might be the last anyway.

No TIVO says 00:05 next Thursday morning