Options

Cabin Fever

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I urge the whole DS Community to go watch this film, it is very good.
It is a very good mix of gore and humour.

I hate explaining stuff so just go watch it. I guarantee you will enjoy it very much!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see this film, but here in donny it's only being shown at the Warner Village cinema which is in a crap, out of town location with a shite bus service (which doesn't even run that late) barely running near the place. So it looks like I'll have a fair old wait for the dvd. :(

Yeti
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Yeti
    I'd love to see this film, but here in donny it's only being shown at the Warner Village cinema which is in a crap, out of town location with a shite bus service (which doesn't even run that late) barely running near the place. So it looks like I'll have a fair old wait for the dvd. :(
    Yeti
    Whistles Yeti a taxi.

"TAXIIIIIIIII"

my treat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard this film is absolute pish. Even worse than The Blair Witch Project, if you can believe that!
  • Options
    pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im waiting for it to come on DVD
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/eli-roth-will-executive-produce-cabin-fever-remake

12 year old film getting a remake. With the same script.

:confused:
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe this is getting a remake and Eli Roth is backing this?! Bizarre! What's to remake???
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the one with an odd boy who does a weird stint in martial arts and randomly bites people?
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the one where the woman shaves her skin off her legs in the bath.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Is this the one with an odd boy who does a weird stint in martial arts and randomly bites people?
    Pancakes! Pancakes! - that's the one.

As an update/throwback to the gory teen horror of the 80's, CF wasn't a bad idea. Unfortunatly it's so slipshod it reminded you of how slipshod some of the originals were.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pancakes! Pancakes! - that's the one.

Now I remember why I bleached the film out of my brain. Thank you for that little reminder.
    As an update/throwback to the gory teen horror of the 80's, CF wasn't a bad idea. Unfortunatly it's so slipshod it reminded you of how slipshod some of the originals were.

I think I felt it was trying hard to be "ironic" as a straight-playing blender of genre conventions, but Roth made it like a visit to a neighbour, who couldn't resist bringing out 12 photo albums of a two-week family holiday in Clacton-on-Sea.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always remember the policeman asking 'do you guys like to party?'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    samcains90 wrote: »
    It's the one where the woman shaves her skin off her legs in the bath.

yes,it is

love this film,but i have yet to see the .second one..don't think i seen it...the other horrid bit is where the girl is in the barn and we next see her skeleton face, then the dogs maul and eat the other one ..unpleasant scenes lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    They should have made the planned 4th film((cabin fever:outbreak)instead of a duplicate of the first.its only just over 10 years.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I can't believe this is getting a remake and Eli Roth is backing this?! Bizarre! What's to remake???

The Asylum make better films than anything Eli Roth has ever been associated with, obviously IMO, so I'm not surprised to read this. He clearly thinks he's some kind of horror genius. He isn't.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen this film and I thought it was crap.
    I find it hard to believe that they intend to remake it.
    Is this in order to promote the idea that the original was a classic film?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    yes,it is

love this film,but i have yet to see the .second one..don't think i seen it...the other horrid bit is where the girl is in the barn and we next see her skeleton face, then the dogs maul and eat the other one ..unpleasant scenes lol

I would recommend NOT seeing the 2nd film. It is bad, really, really bad. It is on the Horror channel if you want to punish yourself.

Cabin Fever: Patient Zero is slightly better than the 2nd film, but only just.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I would recommend NOT seeing the 2nd film. It is bad, really, really bad. It is on the Horror channel if you want to punish yourself.

Cabin Fever: Patient Zero is slightly better than the 2nd film, but only just.

Agreed. I didn't think much of the first one (I guess it was funny in a hokey sort of way) but the second is far worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Àctually,the second film is better than the first.more gory,and the third one is the best.