Options

Pacific Rim 2

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
It's been announced that Pacific Rim 2 is out the 7th April 2017 and Del Toro is already planning a third film.However I guess that will depend on how the second film does at the box office!

Although I thought the first film was great but I didn't think it did that well at the box office so I was suprised to see a sequel announced!

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    It's been announced that Pacific Rim 2 is out the 7th April 2017 and Del Toro is already planning a third film.However I guess that will depend on how the second film does at the box office!

Although I thought the first film was great but I didn't think it did that well at the box office so I was suprised to see a sequel announced!

It only just made $100 million in America but did considerably well in Asia so making a sequel financially worthwhile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess that shows that the U.S. box office is becoming less and less important to the success of the big films

Im happy though as I get to see a sequel that I never thought I would see!

Appartently Universal are releasing the sequel rather than Warner Brothers who released the original!
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An animated series is in the works too.
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Im happy though as I get to see a sequel that I never thought I would see!
    +1

Really, really surprised that we're going to get a sequel but I'm certainly not complaining as I thoroughly enjoyed the original...
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some simple requests Mr Del Toro.
    More Jaegers. More Kaiju. And more cheesy dialogue.
    :D
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some simple requests Mr Del Toro.
    More Jaegers. More Kaiju. And more cheesy dialogue.
    :D

Less people with annoying voices.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Less people with annoying voices.

And correct accents!
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    The first one was incredibly bad, I'm surprised they're persisting with the franchise at all, never mind planning two sequels!
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see Pacific Rim at the cinema after enjoying Del Toro's earlier films The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth.

I won't be making that mistake again. Pacific Rim was bloody awful mid-numbing rubbish.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A waste of Del Toro`s considerable talents. Someone give this man enough money to make the definitive HP Lovecraft movie so he can stop making tut like Pacific Rim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its funny how people either love or hate Pacific Rim.Its a real Marmite film!
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, the best 3D cinema experience I've had. Very happy that there's a lot more Pacific Rim on the horizon!