Doctor Who Series 1/5/31/Fnarg Episode 10: Vincent and the Doctor - 6.40pm on BBC One

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
Forum Member
✭✭
Well tomorrow is a starry starry night.....

sorry :o

to start the thread off....here is a painting of the Eleventh Doctor in Van Gogh Style....

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/galleries/doctor-who-matt-smith-new-series-2010/60/

and a short interview with both Karen and Curtis on the Guardian website...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/video/2010/jun/03/doctor-who-richard-curtis-karen-gillian

What did you think of the episode? 864 votes

Excellent
59% 513 votes
Good
22% 191 votes
Average
10% 90 votes
Poor
4% 42 votes
Awful
3% 28 votes

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    I have high hopes for this one. Although I'm seeing a mate's play today so will likely be grouped in with the 'time shift' viewers!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this one more than I did either of the Silurian ones. My interest was peaked when I saw the clips :)
  • Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted it elsewhere, but I may as well do it here too, spoiler~free review:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2010/06/review-vincent-doctor-spoiler-free.html
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this...sounds like it will be one of the most gorgeous looking episodes ever, and the character-heavy focus sounds like it will make it a bit of a stand out episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahem. I was watching the Mentalist yesterday and i think one of the characters was played by Curran. I shall check on Wikipedia however just to confirm.

It doesn't say anything but i'm sure it was him. I should have checked the credits at the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted it elsewhere, but I may as well do it here too, spoiler~free review:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2010/06/review-vincent-doctor-spoiler-free.html

Just read this, what a lovely review! I really am looking forward to seeing the scene you mention of the lead characters looking up at the stars now, sounds like it will be a real sight to behold!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Ahem. I was watching the Mentalist yesterday and i think one of the characters was played by Curran. I shall check on Wikipedia however just to confirm.

It doesn't say anything but i'm sure it was him. I should have checked the credits at the end.

Yep, it was him.

Just reading this interview with Tony Curran where he talks about Doctor Who (as well as other stuff). Just scroll down a bit for the DW stuff.

http://www.reelscotland.com/?p=3354
  • Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really excited about this one. And this is the ep Matt and Karen kept going on about being brilliant and hitting the pinnacles of the story. So that makes it more exciting. Also really hoping the majority of the forum will be filled with good comments rather than the usual bitchers that can't accept Tennant's gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Cheers for the links to the reviews and the interviews, I am really looking forward to this (even more) now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stev0 wrote: »
    Also really hoping the majority of the forum will be filled with good comments rather than the usual bitchers that can't accept Tennant's gone.

This seems a rather unfair generalisation. I haven't seen THAT many posters here making references to the absence of DT being an issue, quite the opposite: even many that have had issues with the series have been very positive about MS in the role.

I think you need to understand it's the nature of this forum that people that dislike something have more to say than those that are content. The vocal minority do tend to dominate discussion, but lets note forget that they ARE the minority.Very few times do you get an episodes where this isn't the case.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying this episode, much more than last week.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Wowser- well had to wait for the foum to come back - bah!
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice tips of the hat to Doctors 1-3 in this episode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but this is utter rubbish!
    Sadly, I feel the same way.

Don't let Richard Curtis near another episode of DW .....
  • lindop1993lindop1993 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesus its a buffalo parrot

not a scary episode it just scares the living crap out of you
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all....at last!
  • Heba HabaHeba Haba Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another Dr Who lite.

Way too many this series
  • TanequilTanequil Posts: 366,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be the worst Doctor Who episode that I have seen.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanequil wrote: »
    This has got to be the worst Doctor Who episode that I have seen.

Didn't you see The Hungry Earth then? :D Have to say, I prefer this to that. :o
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    OK - and just caught up in last week's thread about Rory - I must go back and watch that ... I have sooo much to watch.

I have quite enjoyed this one... but as always will go watch it back without takeaway's arriving and people ringing me ... don't they KNOW by now
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does Van Gogh have a Scottish accent - he was Dutch... hehe
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Dr Who but what I've just watched now is boring twaddle... I could write a better story than that on a **** packet :(:(

Richard Curtis is a hero of mine and he's let me down
  • acertreeacertree Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No other episode has got to me in this way.Its very very special.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have been a great EP but I found it very lazy writing.

pretentious seems a good word..'im a famous writer look how good I am'