Rylan will be presenting on Daybreak for a week

Comments

• BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least, unlike that cretin Louis Spence, Rylan is likeable. I can see why he's being bombarded with offers...however he should be careful when it comes to overexposure. He is a novelty, I don't think he'd be so amusing to watch if he was in our faces all the time.

But as you said in another thread, you think he should sign on and look for a proper job because YOU don't like anyone that '****' themselves for reality TV.

Now, you can see why he's being bombarded with offers. Make up your mind.........;)

LOL!

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Yes, isn't it hilarious just how Rylan is going to succeed despite such surety he can't by some? Against all odds. I'll truly find a use for this smile: :D

And then I'll be happily using the following smilie: :)

I heartily agree with this: Many a z-lister has tried their hand and failed.

Yet many have flourished. I envision Rylan Clark thriving in his career and wish him well. :cool:

btw, I despise all the smilies used by DS, but, hey, I'll use them in an effort to communicate with those who enjoy them. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you believe in the power of the mind - and if you want something hard enough, you can make it happen.

Good luck with that! You will need it! :eek::) :eek::):D

However hard you will it - you can't make him talented!
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abigail05 wrote: »
    Sounds like you believe in the power of the mind - and if you want something hard enough, you can make it happen.

He's more talented than the majority of contestants to have ever graced this show.

He can sing, dance, entertain & perform and he writes his own music. There's nothing he can't do.
  • claireglasgowclaireglasgow Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    No, he entered the show to have a music career, and that's what he would like ideally. He's just not ruling anything out and taking any opportunity that comes his way, which is a great attitude to have. I'd do the exact same thing in his position. He's tried for XFactor before, entered the Essex Factor and came in runner-up place, he's also been writing his own songs for years. So to say he's not interested in music is a complete false statement.

Sure he's done modelling and would most probably enter many types of different reality tv shows, but whyever not? It equals money and fame, I'd say go for it.

My arse did he enter the show for a music career - he entered it cos it was the next reality show on his list to try. if he really wanted a music career then why hasnt he got videos of himself on you tube gigging in pubs and clubs like other x factor contestants who really do have a passion for music? a great deal of my friends are struggling TALENTED musicians like kye, lucy and james arthur,and they really care about music and making a career. if he was interested in a proper music career he would not be choosing yet more tv work - daybreak, celebrity bb. this just compunds my original argument that he is just interested in being famous and being on telly - it could have been x factor or britains got talent, or big brother, its doesnt matter, its just a matter of time before he finds an audience.

rylan is no different from jedward - he is exactly the same beast - completely talentless, a bit thick and happy to grab money wherever he can.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you'll find that the 'power of the mind' is what makes the difference between success and failure. Look at all those Olympians, do you think they got where they were from being average? No - they had absolute belief in themselves and some of them had only started training a few months ago - so anyone can do it - it's more about having the belief. You have to focus your mind like a laserbeam to make it in showbiz and keep going come what may,
  • itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god it's only a week..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, he entered the show to have a music career, and that's what he would like ideally. He's just not ruling anything out and taking any opportunity that comes his way, which is a great attitude to have. I'd do the exact same thing in his position. He's tried for XFactor before, entered the Essex Factor and came in runner-up place, he's also been writing his own songs for years. So to say he's not interested in music is a complete false statement.

Sure he's done modelling and would most probably enter many types of different reality tv shows, but whyever not? It equals money and fame, I'd say go for it.

"Equals money and fame" - says it all.

As the other poster said, it is about money and fame for him.

If he is serious about music and If he can write decent songs, which I doubt, he will cheapen himself to the point that noone will ever take him seriously. In that case he will screw himself over and his greed will have got the better of him.

Maybe he believes in there being no so such thing as bad publicity - but I think he will find out the hard way, there is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Equals money and fame" - says it all.

As the other poster said, it is about money and fame for him.

If he is serious about music and If he can write decent songs, which I doubt, he will cheapen himself to the point that noone will ever take him seriously. In that case he will screw himself over and his greed will have got the better of him.

Maybe he believes in there being no so such thing as bad publicity - but I think he will find out the hard way, there is.

and what is wrong with that? That isn't unique to Rylan, there are many people that are after money and fame.

Even the other contestants on X Factor want money and fame LOL!

• Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    But as you said in another thread, you think he should sign on and look for a proper job because YOU don't like anyone that '****' themselves for reality TV.

Now, you can see why he's being bombarded with offers. Make up your mind.........;)

LOL!

Can you not see the difference how it's quite possible to dislike the whole reality TV genre and how people like yourself think of it being better than real work, yet also be able understand how someone like Rylan would be a popular choice with the bosses?

You've become very tiresome. You also seem to want to stalk me and pick fights. Are you planning on following me from thread to thread so you can pounce on anything I say which you dislike?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll find that the 'power of the mind' is what makes the difference between success and failure. Look at all those Olympians, do you think they got where they were from being average? No - they had absolute belief in themselves and some of them had only started training a few months ago - so anyone can do it - it's more about having the belief. You have to focus your mind like a laserbeam to make it in showbiz and keep going come what may,

Of course, to some extend it is true, but not in the situation I was talking about - a fan cannot will success and talent on someone.

Equally if we could all achieve through willpower and hard work alone, there would be even more successful people. But the equation generally requires - talent, willpower, hard work and a bit of luck thrown in for good measure.

Ryland certainly seems to have the luck, maybe even the will power - but the other two important parts of the equation seem to be missing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and what is wrong with that? That isn't unique to Rylan, there are many people that are after money and fame.

Even the other contestants on X Factor want money and fame LOL!

And people with talent deserve it.

That is the point. Those that don't have it - don't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you not see the difference how it's quite possible to dislike the whole reality TV genre and how people like yourself think of it being better than real work, yet also be able understand how someone like Rylan would be a popular choice with the bosses?

You've become very tiresome. You also seem to want to stalk me and pick fights. Are you planning on following me from thread to thread so you can pounce on anything I say which you dislike?

Stalk you and pick fights? No, I saw another post from you that was the complete opposite of what you are saying on here and pointed it out.

I'm not picking a fight or stalking you.........I think this is probably only twice I've answered your posts.

I'm free to give an opinion on any post and providing I'm not insulting or rude in any fashion I think that is allowed. Whether I agree with you or not, it's what the whole forum is about, giving my opinion as others give there's.

You disagree with earning money from reality TV and would rather they went to look for a proper job.

I on the other hand simply think, earn your money how you wish, as long as it's legal and you aren't harming anyone else, go for it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The forum is slow and dont have as many people posting as there use to be so your bound to have the same people replying to your posts.

Also if you dont like people replying to your posts with different views then maybe it would be better for you not to post if this is the case.

As for getting personal I think you need to read the T&C as its against the rules.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be bothered as it is frankly not worth it.

Think of this as a "flounce" if you wish. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, to some extend it is true, but not in the situation I was talking about - a fan cannot will success and talent on someone.

Equally if we could all achieve through willpower and hard work alone, there would be even more successful people. But the equation generally requires - talent, willpower, hard work and a bit of luck thrown in for good measure.

Ryland certainly seems to have the luck, maybe even the will power - but the other two important parts of the equation seem to be missing.

Re: the BIB, the reason there are not more successful people is because in general people do not possess the necessary drive and willpower to succeed. It takes a tremendous amount, hence the number of rubbish people who enter X-Factor, 10s of 1000s of them do not make the grade and only a couple of dozen out of that huge proportion of the public have what it takes to stand out. I would say getting on the show alone proves that person or people have some unique talent. Rylan has been in boybands before and has worked hard to look good because he realises it's a shallow business at the end of the day and good looks might just give you the edge. He is right - the celebs that the public appear to look up to have that certain something, and ARE willing to do almost anything to get noticed. That's the same for most people who are already in the the kind of industry he's looking to crack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    The forum is slow and dont have as many people posting as there use to be so your bound to have the same people replying to your posts.

Also if you dont like people replying to your posts with different views then maybe it would be better for you not to post if this is the case.

As for getting personal I think you need to read the T&C as its against the rules.

Two threads.........I ask you.

Maybe I should jot down who I reply to so I limit myself to one thread at a time.

Jotting your name down Hit so I make sure I don't reply twice to you LOL!

;):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I should jot down who I reply to so I limit myself to one thread at a time.

I know, there doesn't appear to be a posting quota in place!!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL you can reply to mine any time you like after all that's what the forum is about eg debating over views of a TV show. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stalk you and pick fights? No, I saw another post from you that was the complete opposite of what you are saying on here and pointed it out.

I'm not picking a fight or stalking you.........I think this is probably only twice I've answered your posts.

I'm free to give an opinion on any post and providing I'm not insulting or rude in any fashion I think that is allowed. Whether I agree with you or not, it's what the whole forum is about, giving my opinion as others give there's.

You disagree with earning money from reality TV and would rather they went to look for a proper job.

I on the other hand simply think, earn your money how you wish, as long as it's legal and you aren't harming anyone else, go for it.

Actually untalented people like Ryland do harm others as we saw in xfactor. Novelty acts like him often get the youngsters behind them and they get voted through over the more talented acts. So the talented ones miss out for the novelty acts.

Maybe untalented people cannot see or care about that, because they will never be on the receiving end of people like Ryland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    LOL you can reply to mine any time you like after all that's what the forum is about eg debating over view of a TV show. :D

I know, I was teasing you.

Didn't want you to do a 'flounce' whether that be a theatrical one, or a RylanStyle one LOL!

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually untalented people like Ryland do harm others as we saw in xfactor. Novelty acts like him often get the youngsters behind them and they get voted through over the more talented acts. So the talented ones miss out for the novelty acts.

Maybe untalented people cannot see or care about that, because they will never be on the receiving end of people like Ryland.

First up he's not called Ryland - it's Rylan - and also you can only ever say that Rylan is untalented IN YOUR OPINION. Others think he is talented.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, I was teasing you.

Didn't want you to do a 'flounce' whether that be a theatrical one, or a RylanStyle one LOL!

Whose flouncing now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm no youngster :) but I thought he was great.

Whatever the reasons why he was kept in, the fact is he was. Whatever the future holds for him, I say go for it. There are many people on our TV that aren't oozing talent, but they are there regardless.

Many people enjoy reality shows and if it weren't for the likes of Rylan who are prepared to go on them, then the TV companies would be a bit stuffed wouldn't they.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First up he's not called Ryland - it's Rylan - and also you can only ever say that Rylan is untalented IN YOUR OPINION. Others think he is talented.

Rylan is untalented in my opinion. Happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whose flouncing now?

It was a joke with Hit if you read the post properly :)