Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I would say any episode which has more than 10% missing
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vabosity wrote: »
    I understand where Ting is coming from on this, but does that mean that Richard Hurndall playing the First Doctor in The Five Doctors was also in bad taste?
    Actually, yes-personally I disliked that particular piece of revisionism intensely. Hurndall didn't do a bad job, but the simple fact is that he wasn't the first Doctor.

Bad taste notwithstanding, I can see two distinct advantages in re-making the lost stories:-

1. The stories can be watched rather than just listened to.

2, The stories would be in colour rather than black and white (the only option back in the nineteen-sixties).
    I'm not sure why the colour issue actually matters. I watch a lot of black & white TV. We didn't get a colour TV until 1981. There's nothing inherently superior about colour.
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, yes-personally I disliked that particular piece of revisionism intensely. Hurndall didn't do a bad job, but the simple fact is that he wasn't the first Doctor. I'm not sure why the colour issue actually matters. I watch a lot of black & white TV. We didn't get a colour TV until 1981. There's nothing inherently superior about colour.

for once i agree with you

I abhore remakes
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just so I can look like a fool when they are found - NO MORE lost episodes will ever be found EVER again.

THis worked last time when they did that missing episodes documentary and then the crusade pops up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abslom wrote: »
    I would say any episode which has more than 10% missing

'episode' or 'story'? There's a difference. And more than 10% would mean remaking The Invasion, which is already out on DVD and is perfectly fine even with two episodes missing. If the money existed to do something with the missing stories, I'd rather they animated them with the existing sountracks as with that story, rather than trying to replace the originals. I think that's massively disrespectful.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would do it on my terms.

1. I get to appear as a character in the new series.

2. The BBC films a Colin Baker season for his thierd season that never got made.

3. A Sylvester McCoy 4th season so we see Ace leaving.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'episode' or 'story'? There's a difference. And more than 10% would mean remaking The Invasion, which is already out on DVD and is perfectly fine even with two episodes missing. If the money existed to do something with the missing stories, I'd rather they animated them with the existing sountracks as with that story, rather than trying to replace the originals. I think that's massively disrespectful.

They could do that for The Ice Warriors. That's a six episode story and episodes 2 and 3 only exist in audio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    They could do that for The Ice Warriors. That's a six episode story and episodes 2 and 3 only exist in audio.

They could do it for any of them-if the money was there. They haven't done any since The Invasion because of the cost. But hopefully costs will go down in time.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could do it for any of them-if the money was there. They haven't done any since The Invasion because of the cost. But hopefully costs will go down in time.

We can but hope :)