Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else buying this when it's out tomorrow? Looks great to be honest!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfHQuRjbro

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    It's just called 'The Raid' over here :p I got my steelbook Blu Ray through the post yesterday from Play.com (for once Play.com actually delivered something early, i was stunned!). I saw it at the cinema but watched it again last night and i still loved it, the fight scene choreography is amazing.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had the R1 Blu Ray of this for a few weeks.

It's a very good action movie, not particularly high on plot but it kind of does not matter with this kind of movie...the fight seqences are what make it stand out.

The plot revolves around a swat team going into a dilapidated tenement block where a drug lord is holed up, but it is heavily guarded, mainly by the residents themselves. In true video game fashion, the cops have to work themselves up the various levels of the block, battling the heavily armed residents.

There is a lot of hand-to-hand, close combat, using a variety of fighting styles...and lots of knives, swords and machete's. It's very bloody and brutal, but the fight sequences are very inventive, and for once it's filmed in such a way that you can appreciate the choreography...no dizzying camerawork or fast editing
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Play.com Steelbook Blu-ray arrived yesterday, too.

Watched it yesterday... Bloody awesome! Amazing fight choreography.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    My Play.com Steelbook Blu-ray arrived yesterday, too.

Watched it yesterday... Bloody awesome! Amazing fight choreography.

Watched it today. I wasn't impressed, over hyped.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Got the fantastic looking steelbook from play, enjoyed the film but not as amazing as it was made out to be. I'm actually looking forwards to how they do it again in the American remake that's coming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this last night. Yeah I agree not much plot to speak of but extremley entertaining and good fun.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this again tonight as my friend had never seen it and he thought it was amazing . I head there is going to be a Hollywood remake . Who do you think would be good to cast in it?
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this again tonight as my friend had never seen it and he thought it was amazing . I head there is going to be a Hollywood remake . Who do you think would be good to cast in it?

I remember reading that a Hoolywood remake is in the pipeline - god knows who they'll find as the lead - they should just hire the original star otherwise they'll have to reduce the martial arts fighting in place of some good old bar room brawling style of action unless Jet Li, Donnie Yen or even Michael Jai White step in.

Having a look at Wiki...
    A few months after Sony acquired the film's North American distribution rights, it was announced by The Hollywood Reporter that its subsidiary company, Screen Gems, is in negotiations to produce a Hollywood remake.[42] The deal was completed in November 2011 with writer-director Gareth Evans serving as an executive producer of the remake. XYZ Films, executive producers on the original Indonesian version, will be producers on the American version.[43] Screen Gems also wants the same choreographers from The Raid involved with the remake

The sequel to The Raid -aka- Berandal -aka- The Raid: Retaliation is currently being shot (since Jan) and it takes the action onto the streets directly continuing the story from the last one, the director is promising more everything than the first one - looking forward to it.