Do u envy Sony owners?

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Its my opinion, i thought it was very much style over substance. Its absolutely beautiful to look at but the gameplay and story just bored me! I felt the same way with Heavy Rain too.

I felt the same about Heavy Rain also, a total abortion of a "game". At least TLOU had some gameplay.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its my opinion, i thought it was very much style over substance. Its absolutely beautiful to look at but the gameplay and story just bored me! I felt the same way with Heavy Rain too.

I respect your opinion.

Personally 'The Last of Us' and 'Heavy Rain' took me on a journey that I was not expecting and I enjoyed both immensely.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt the same about Heavy Rain also, a total abortion of a "game". At least TLOU had some gameplay.

But i thought you never had a ps3 afterall don't you despise Sony? :p

Anyway joking aside i quite enjoyed Heavy Rain and still not played TLOU yet but if rumours about psn+ are true then i will be playing it soon.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    But i thought you never had a ps3 afterall don't you despise Sony? :p

Anyway joking aside i quite enjoyed Heavy Rain and still not played TLOU yet but if rumours about psn+ are true then i will be playing it soon.

Sorry but I don't think that will happen for a while. TLOU was still number 1 in the chart last week. Sony are still making too much money off it. Maybe when the DLC is out. I wouldn't expect it before next year at the earliest. It will be cheap by then anyway.

They just added Uncharted 3 to plus, it feels like a really recent game but it came out in 2011. I'd love to be wrong though, I think people should at least give it a go, it's well worth it.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "TLOU PS+ rumours" are not that it'll be free on +, but that it'll be £20 to + subscribers. some people seem to be misinterpreting though.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No wonder people give this guy so much grief here :rolleyes:
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "TLOU PS+ rumours" are not that it'll be free on +, but that it'll be £20 to + subscribers. some people seem to be misinterpreting though.

That would be a great deal if true. I'd still be suprised if it happens in the next couple of months.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »

Indeed me and my mates all loved heavy rain and are looking forward to beyond two souls!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Indeed me and my mates all loved heavy rain and are looking forward to beyond two souls!

To be honest while i did enjoy Heavy Rain, i can very easily see why somebody wouldn't like

i played with the move which for the most part was accurate (but i never ****ing get something out of my pocket) but i wouldn't want to play it with a controller

With a controller it would just be boring as hell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    To be honest while i did enjoy Heavy Rain, i can very easily see why somebody wouldn't like

i played with the move which for the most part was accurate (but i never ****ing get something out of my pocket) but i wouldn't want to play it with a controller

With a controller it would just be boring as hell

I played with a DS3 and didn't got bored at all, infact I played it through a few times to platinum it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I played with a DS3 and didn't got bored at all, infact I played it through a few times to platinum it :D

for me the move just added that extra layer of tension that wasn't there will the DS3

In the little moments, like getting the plates out for dinner, with a DS3 you'll pretty much get how much pressure to use on the buttons, with a move you have to very slowly adjust yourself to get it right
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot using just a DS3. But then I do really enjoy this move toward interactive entertainment many games are trying at the moment and think that Heavy Rain succeeded in doing that in a number of area.

I did also enjoy Fahrenheit and I am looking forward to Beyond to see how thing develop further. (@thomas2400 that's an Xbox 1 game you should look out for. ref your other thread.)
    Forum Member

Yeah it's perfectly reasonable to give someone grief for holding a different opinion to your own.

Sorry, the game was awful for me.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's perfectly reasonable to give someone grief for holding a different opinion to your own.

You would say that, you, you, ...the game was pretty crap though. It was basically an interactive movie, graphics were very well done, but gameplay design was just awkward. BEYOND looks the same sadly, but I might get through that one just to see Willem Dafoes scenes.
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    You would say that, you, you, ...the game was pretty crap though. It was basically an interactive movie, graphics were very well done, but gameplay design was just awkward. BEYOND looks the same sadly, but I might get through that one just to see Willem Dafoes scenes.

No it doesn't. Beyond actually has action sequences with full gameplay from what I've seen.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't. Beyond actually has action sequences with full gameplay from what I've seen.

I've only seen gameplay footage from a while back and screenshots during the whole homeless phase, and it looked pretty much the same as Heavy Rain, not paid much attention to the random war stuff, so if that'ss all Action gameplay like, well, that might be interesting, but there's still that chunk of gameplay between all that which is basically Heavy Rain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

That's what I liked about it. I like this move some games are taking to try and blur the line between films and games and I thought Heavy Rain did a reasonable job. Its biggest problem for me was the clunky controls, it also had some pacing issues with some really slow parts. Hopefully Beyond will try to address these issues, I don't want to see the removal of the character building / scene setting section but they need to make them a little more interesting.

I also like The Walking Dead game which is a lot like Heavy Rain as you follow a story and influence certain moment throughout that story. TWD had a much better story though but for me I quite like the detective / crime story genre so that added a lot to Heavy Rain as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually I don't have an opinion on it.
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed The Walking Dead more than I did Heavy Rain but I still think that game is overrated. The few action scenes it did have were pretty awful anyway but at least there were more frequent moments where you could directly effect the game, surely that is the main appeal of an interactive movie? having the ability to steer the story in a direction you want.

At least TWD didn't have you carrying out such pointless and mundane tasks as brushing your teeth, laying out dinner plates on a table and burping a baby etc..
    Actually I don't have an opinion on it.

Then why do you care if I think it's awful?
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed The Walking Dead more than I did Heavy Rain but I still think that game is overrated. The few action scenes it did have were pretty awful anyway but at least there were more frequent moments where you could directly effect the game, surely that is the main appeal of an interactive movie? having the ability to steer the story in a direction you want.

At least TWD didn't have you carrying out such pointless and mundane tasks as brushing your teeth, laying out dinner plates on a table and burping a baby etc..

That's total nonsense. In TWD no matter what you did the same characters died and it had the same ending. In Heavy Rain it was the opposite. You could save certain characters and have multiple different endings.

TWD is hugely disappointing as a second playthrough because it's the same similar path with very minor differences that will no doubt lead to the same outcome at the end. Heavy Rain could still be unique even in the fifth playthrough because of the important differences.

Why lie about it?
    Forum Member
    Hetal wrote: »
    That's total nonsense. In TWD no matter what you did the same characters died and it had the same ending. In Heavy Rain it was the opposite. You could save certain characters and have multiple different endings.

TWD is hugely disappointing as a second playthrough because it's the same similar path with very minor differences that will no doubt lead to the same outcome at the end. Heavy Rain could still be unique even in the fifth playthrough because of the important differences.

Why lie about it?

I'm not in the habit of "lying". That's just my experience. No I didn't manage to complete Heavy Rain but by god I did try. I would say I made it around 3/4 of the game and there weren't a huge amount of moments that I was aware you had a direct effect on. It didn't feel interactive to me in the same way TWD does.

With TWD there are at least 4 or 5 things each chapter that can change the course of the game. Granted I've not done a second run through to put these to the test but I would assume given the rave reviews the game received that it all worked well. If things don't change then they at the very least offer a believable illusion that they do. It was a more enjoyable experience regardless, HR was just boring and took itself far too serious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not in the habit of "lying". That's just my experience. No I didn't manage to complete Heavy Rain but by god I did try. I would say I made it around 3/4 of the game and there weren't a huge amount of moments that I was aware you had a direct effect on. It didn't feel interactive to me in the same way TWD does.

With TWD there are at least 4 or 5 things each chapter that can change the course of the game. Granted I've not done a second run through to put these to the test but I would assume given the rave reviews the game received that it all worked well. If things don't change then they at the very least offer a believable illusion that they do. It was a more enjoyable experience regardless, HR was just boring and took itself far too serious.

I found TWD and HR both very good, I also enjoyed back to the future, I'm a fan of that style of games. I also really liked LA Noire which had similar things in it.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a crap game, that is overblown by those with knuckle sag and a propensity to consider the lyrics of Linkin Park "deep".

Oh and of course

The Xbox 360 sucked, and so did the ps3 (AxC)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In TWD you can achieve the same result in a variety of ways.

In HR you can totally change the outcome of the story, you can even have the bad guy win at the end.

TWD had a better story which made it an overall better experience but HR gave you more opportunity to change the story path and final out come.

I agree with this, as I said above I hope in Beyond they can make these character development / scene setting parts of the game more interesting to play.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do you feel the need to trash Sony and their games?