Stripped or Missundaztood?

intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
Forum Member
Which is your favourite album - Stripped by Christina Aguilera or Missundaztood by Pink?

I chose these two because they were the second albums of both artists (technically Christina's fourth, but the second and third don't count as 'real' albums imo) and seen as a step away from their previous images - Christina as a Disney popstar and Pink as a R&B singer.

I think Pink definitely released the best songs for singles from her album whereas Christina (imo) should not have released The Voice Within. Can't Hold us Down was just okay too. She should have swapped them with Impossible and Infatuation. Just like a Pill is my favourite Pink single but see why she went with Get the Party Started as it was a bigger statement. Dirrty was the wrong lead single for Christina, she should have went with Beautiful, although if they had been released the other way round it would have been quite weird.

There are more songs that I dislike on Stripped (Loving Me 4 Me, Make Over and I'm ok) than I do on Missundaztood (Dear Diary) but I think it's because that I have all of Pink's albums as I'm a huge fan whereas I've never bought anything else of Christina's so I know that Pink has better albums and this isn't in my top 3.

So Stripped for me. But i love you Pink!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Why don't the second and third Xtina albums count? They are both full length studio albums. The second one sold 3m copies.

Anyway, Stripped is the better album, imo. I love Pinks album as well and it was her breakaway to the artist she is now, though I did like her when she sang RnB and had finger waves, but Stripped is flawless, although I Will Be should have never been cut from it. That is my favorite Xtina song.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Why don't the second and third Xtina albums count? They are both full length studio albums. The second one sold 3m copies.

To be honest I thought it was her second album but when I couldn't remember something about thhe album I went on Wikipedia and it said it was her fourth. I didn't count them cos it seemed the third one was a christmas album and the second one was a spanish version of her first one. I guess Stripped is the second album of "her"
    Stripped is flawless, although I Will Be should have never been cut from it. That is my favorite Xtina song.

Will have to listen to that, haven;t heard it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    To be honest I thought it was her second album but when I couldn't remember something about thhe album I went on Wikipedia and it said it was her fourth. I didn't count them cos it seemed the third one was a christmas album and the second one was a spanish version of her first one. I guess Stripped is the second album of "her"

Will have to listen to that, haven;t heard it.

The Spanish album has songs on it that weren't on the first album, though. 6 out of the 11 tracks weren't on the first album. I guess I get what you are saying, though. I still count it. I **** Christmas albums too. They aren't any different to me than an album of covers. It's still an album.

You should. It's a great song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Deffinitely Stripped!

Missundaztood is also a good album but to me it's just not the pivotal album that I think Stripped was! I can't actually remember all the singles that were released from Missundaztood!?
    Dirrty was the wrong lead single for Christina, she should have went with Beautiful, although if they had been released the other way round it would have been quite weird.
    I completely disagree, Dirrty instantly changed people's perceptions of Christina from the all American sweetheart into an adult artist! Then Beautiful only strengthened her credibility.
    Infact the selection of singles from the album perfectly showed different sounding singles that showcased just how diverse an artist she could be in terms of sound & visual! A stomping lead single, a unique pop ballad, an epic rock anthem & a cool hip-hop jam! I think you'd be had pressed to find a set of singles so different from one artist!

The only criticism I have is that I think more singles could have ben released from the album!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to go with Stripped. I also agree Dirrty was the perfect choice. It did everything it needed to do for Christina. Its incredible to think she had 5 top 10 UK singles from that album after it had already sold over a million copies here. Not many artists have managed that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I have to go with Stripped. I also agree Dirrty was the perfect choice. It did everything it needed to do for Christina. Its incredible to think she had 5 top 10 UK singles from that album after it had already sold over a million copies here. Not many artists have managed that.

& it's worth pointing out that the album never recieved a repackage or rerelease like happens so often nowadays! 5 top ten singles of the same unchanged original album!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    'Stripped' is a classic pop album and it's not only Christina's best work, but one of the best albums ever released by a popstar in the 00's. She really blew everyone away with 'Stripped', it was fresh, personal, cohesive.

P!nk's album is not bad, but it's just a P!nk album. A few nice pop-rock bops, a few nice ballads, good lyrics, but that's where it ends. It's not as classic or as memorable as 'Stripped' and it had nowhere near the impact of 2002 Xtina.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stripped. It's flawless. It's mad to think she was only about 20/21 when it was written and recorded. It's such a mature album. I almost spat my drink out in shock when I just saw the first reviews it got on Wikipedia - favourable from Billboard, C+ from Enterntainment Weekly, 2/5 from All Music, 6/10 from NME, 3/5 from Rolling Stone, unfavourable from The Village Voice! :eek:

I adore P!nk too, but Mizzundaztood isn't even my fave album of hers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's the P!nk album. IMO it's an absolute classic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stripped all day, every day. The album cemented her pop status. Beautiful alone is one of the most influential and best song ever. #classic
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Stripped for sure, a great album. Back in the day when Flopina didn't need Pitbull or Maroon 5 to get a hit.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love both albums but I would have to say that Pink's "Mizzunderstood" is my favourite out of the two. I do like how both albums had songs penned by Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes) - Beautiful & Get The Party Started. Pink also had another co-penned LP song on the album and I think Christina did too. LP did a lot of the songs on Back To Basics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    I love both albums but I would have to say that Pink's "Mizzunderstood" is my favourite out of the two. I do like how both albums had songs penned by Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes) - Beautiful & Get The Party Started. Pink also had another co-penned LP song on the album and I think Christina did too. LP did a lot of the songs on Back To Basics

Christina co-wrote three songs on Stripped with Linda - Cruz, Make Over and I'm Ok, and Linda wrote Beautiful on her own.

P!nk had six co-writes with Linda - Missundaztood, Respect, Dear Diary, Eventually, Gone to California and My Vietnam - and Linda wrote Get The Party Started and Lonely Girl on her own.

As for Back to Basics, Christina and Linda wrote every song together on the second disc, aside from three songs where there were one or two other co-writers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Christina co-wrote three songs on Stripped with Linda - Cruz, Make Over and I'm Ok, and Linda wrote Beautiful on her own.

P!nk had six co-writes with Linda - Missundaztood, Respect, Dear Diary, Eventually, Gone to California and My Vietnam - and Linda wrote Get The Party Started and Lonely Girl on her own.

As for Back to Basics, Christina and Linda wrote every song together on the second disc, aside from three songs where there were one or two other co-writers.

Was it as many as that? I've not read the credits in a few years. In my head it was GTPS and Lonely Girl... Just had a quick google and you are correct. I think maybe I was thinking of songs solely written by her.
    I'd love another Pink/Linda collaboration but I think they fell out a few years ago.

I just saw that she wrote "My Love" for Celine Dion. I really like that song as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Was it as many as that? I've not read the credits in a few years. In my head it was GTPS and Lonely Girl... Just had a quick google and you are correct. I think maybe I was thinking of songs solely written by her.
    I'd love another Pink/Linda collaboration but I think they fell out a few years ago.

I just saw that she wrote "My Love" for Celine Dion. I really like that song as well!
    They're on good terms now. Linda talked about it in a recent interview. But although they're getting along well now, I don't think a collaboration is in the cards. Linda said that she's always wanted P!nk to do solely rock music and she disagreed with Pink's plan to do rock influenced pop, which has turned into complete pop in her recent albums. So unless Pink is willing to risk her sales and get out of her comfort zone, Linda won't work with her any time soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    They're on good terms now. Linda talked about it in a recent interview. But although they're getting along well now, I don't think a collaboration is in the cards. Linda said that she's always wanted P!nk to do solely rock music and she disagreed with Pink's plan to do rock influenced pop, which has turned into complete pop in her recent albums. So unless Pink is willing to risk her sales and get out of her comfort zone, Linda won't work with her any time soon.

Her "comfort zone" works extremely well for her, so I don't see why she should. She should do what she wants to do, not what someone else wants her to do IMO.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never listened to the albums themselves, just heard the singles from them, but it's a tough choice for me. I'm feeling nostalgic thinking about the songs!
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missundaztood
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »

Well that's a bit odd for Linda to say that considering she has written plenty of pop/ballads herself. lol
    Pink tried a more "Rock" route with "Try This" but it's her least successful album I believe. I still liked it though.

I like pretty much all of Pink's material. I think she has some fantastic B-Sides that most people (unless they are fans) are unaware of.

I really love "Chaos & Piss" but I can't see that ever getting a release. Although I think that was an extra track.

"Heart breaker" is an excellent B-Side. I remember her doing it at Brixton Academy just after her Funhouse Tour i think it was. The audience requested it.

With Pink, I think if it's not broke, why fix it? She may have a "comfort zone" of sorts but she does what she is good at. She has an amazing voice live and I've seen the last two tours and her wire work is just jaw dropping. She is definitely an artist to see live :)
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stripped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like pretty much all of Pink's material. I think she has some fantastic B-Sides that most people (unless they are fans) are unaware of.

I really love "Chaos & Piss" but I can't see that ever getting a release. Although I think that was an extra track.

"Heart breaker" is an excellent B-Side. I remember her doing it at Brixton Academy just after her Funhouse Tour i think it was. The audience requested it.

With Pink, I think if it's not broke, why fix it? She may have a "comfort zone" of sorts but she does what she is good at. She has an amazing voice live and I've seen the last two tours and her wire work is just jaw dropping. She is definitely an artist to see live :)

Heartbreaker is one of my favourite P!nk. I love The King Is Dead But The Queen Is Alive as well. Also, not a b side, but Heartbreak Down on the Greatest Hits.

And I agree, she is phenomenal live! :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,913
    Forum Member
    I own both albums. Stripped is my favourite of the two (I played it so much when I bought it in 2002 that I had to replace it recently. I've never done that before). I haven't heard Missundaztood for years!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Stripped could be considered the most influential! Without that album, we wouldn't have this recurring moment on The X Factor, a mentioned in another thread:

Judge: You've got for yeses!
    Contestant gets all emotoinal
    Music: "When there's no one else, look inside yourself..."

:p
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Perhaps Stripped could be considered the most influential! Without that album, we wouldn't have this recurring moment on The X Factor, a mentioned in another thread:

Judge: You've got for yeses!
    Contestant gets all emotoinal
    Music: "When there's no one else, look inside yourself..."

:p

Or else...

Music: "I promise youuuuuu, Im always there
    When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair":yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

So bloody sick of that Leona song!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I really love both, but I love Stripped a bit more,it's one of my favourite albums ever