Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• wildestdreamswildestdreams Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    I don't want to turn this into a girl group war, but I completely agree. 5H are not massive but they are the only girl group who are having any type of success in all the major music markets (USA, Japan, UK, Germany and France) at the moment.

I agree with this. No one's saying they're having success similiar to that of the Spice Girls or Destiny's Child, but they are the only major girl group to be enjoying success in all the major markets. I think Sony have done a good job with them.

Zayn not doing as well will hopefully persuade one or two members to stick it out for another two albums. My theory is that they'll continue to release music as a five piece. In between albums members will be given the opportunity to pursue solo projects/release collaborations with other artists.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't get the "5H hate each other" arguments between fans.

Do I see 5 best friends? No I defintely do not.

However, do I see 5 people who despise each other and clearly want out the group? No, I definitely do not see that either.

I see 5 people who are very fond of each other and support each other, almost like good workmates.

There is absolutely no stand out reason to me as to why the girls can't continue on the road they're on for a good few years yet.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get the "5H hate each other" arguments between fans.

Do I see 5 best friends? No I defintely do not.

However, do I see 5 people who despise each other and clearly want out the group? No, I definitely do not see that either.

I see 5 people who are very fond of each other and support each other, almost like good workmates.

There is absolutely no stand out reason to me as to why the girls can't continue on the road they're on for a good few years yet.

I think there are some fans of girl bands (and boy bands for that matter) who are invested in the groups in such a way that it is important to them that the girls are best friends (or perceived to be). I don't understand it personally, as some of my favourite girl groups like En Vogue and TLC fought like cats and dogs. As long as the music is good, it doesn't bother me if 5H are best buddies or merely work colleagues.
    Forum Member
    I think there are some fans of girl bands (and boy bands for that matter) who are invested in the groups in such a way that it is important to them that the girls are best friends (or perceived to be). I don't understand it personally, as some of my favourite girl groups like En Vogue and TLC fought like cats and dogs. As long as the music is good, it doesn't bother me if 5H are best buddies or merely work colleagues.

Yes, and as long as the music is doing well it's fine. Plus them being co-workers doesn't exactly go against 5H as a brand. They stopped pushing the friendship angle a long time ago.
  • luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    3 sold out shows out of 5 and two of them being arenas :D

Already outsold the Reflection tour.

BB Boxscores

36 Fifth Harmony Movistar Arena Santiago, Chile June 24, 2016 $461,590 8,065 /
    8,065 1 / 1 $143.33, $23.89 Move Concerts

54 Fifth Harmony DirecTV Arena Buenos Aires, Argentina June 26, 2016 $262,580 5,693 /
    5,693 1 / 1 $83.76, $26.80 Move Concerts

57 Fifth Harmony Parque de la Exposicion Lima, Peru June 22, 2016 $245,669 4,415 /
    4,415 1 / 1 $129.31, $32.23 Move Concerts

59 Fifth Harmony Expo Unimed Curitiba, Brazil June 29, 2016 $223,617 3,941 /
    4,300 1 / 0 $206.66, $36.90 Move Concerts

61 Fifth Harmony Pepsi On Stage Porto Alegre, Brazil June 28, 2016 $191,786 3,675 /
    4,600 1 / 0 $28.04 Move Concerts

Imagine how bigger the numbers could've been if they actually did a legit 7/27 set list for SA instead of a rehash reflection tour with 7/27 singles. The fans over there deserve better so I hope another leg comes around for them.

This just proves how massive the girls are in SA. With AIMH currently rising on itunes and on the hot 100 (Currently at #37), the US dates will hopefully sell out. :)

I'm intrigued with how the European and UK dates fair. I think they'll do alright.

EDIT: In regards to the whole 5H and their friendship topic, I have only a few thoughts.

1. They probably were best friends(ish) during 2012/2013 when everything was just starting for them
    2. After a few personal issues over the years or whatever, things may have strained between them, but I can tell they've remained close
    3. After Canola's attempt to become a separate entity within 5H; its very apparent that the 4 girls are close, if not, good friends, and they simply don't f*ck with Canola and given the events of what happened on the 4th of July, Canola loves isolating from the other girls and victimizing herself at every opportunity. I don't f*ck with her either so I'm perfectly fine with this.

She can stay making solo music or whatever crap she creates in the bathroom (This isn't a joke, she legit posted a picture on the 4th of July that shows her making music IN THE BATHROOM WITH A LAPTOP ON THE TOILET :blush: ) I'm sure those tunes will be the sh*t, literally. ^_^

As for 5H as a whole, there are some things that need to change. I still find them lazy at times and could really benefit from vocal coaches and more time in the choreography section. Maverick only calls Sean Bankhead up when its time to film a music video or if they're preparing for a tour/TV performance; That's not good enough at all. They can do better but you can't want it more than the artist.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. iTunes is no reflection of the Japanese music industry or what is popular. The real indicator will be if the album climbs on the Oricon charts next week. Fingers crossed it will.

The album climbed back up the Oricon charts to #38 (and back up to #2 on the chart for albums by Western artists). So the promo they did in Japan was worthwhile.
    Forum Member
    Flex is doing really well on pop radio in the US. It's stabilising in the top 40 too, I think they need another performance for it to start rising rapidly.

The girls really need to cement their names. Maybe featuring on a major artist's release could help. I know Pitbull wanted to work with them. Pitbull (feat. Fifth Harmony) maybe?
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. I couldn't care a less if Fifth Harmony get on or not. I don't see the big deal over them not being best friends:confused: The music is the most important thing and if they continue to release good music, then I see no problem:)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares if they get on or not? Personally, my opinion is that they all do get on, but even if they don't so what? The Beatles, Take That, Westlife, Spice Girls, Sugababes, All Saints, Destiny's Child, One Direction, Jackson 5...they all had problems within the group. I can't think of a group that hasn't. Fifth Harmony and Little Mix are currently very popular, but one day in the future when both groups break up, we'll probably hear that there were issues and differences. When you put a group of people together 24/7 working and living together for a number of years then problems will arise, it's natural. Anyway, regarding 'All In My Head', how is it doing in the UK? They need another UK hit desperately.
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Exactly. I couldn't care a less if Fifth Harmony get on or not. I don't see the big deal over them not being best friends:confused: The music is the most important thing and if they continue to release good music, then I see no problem:)

Fans of other groups always try to criticise 5H with 'at least ____ are friends! Can't say the same about 5H' I always cackle :blush:
    Who cares if they get on or not? Personally, my opinion is that they all do get on, but even if they don't so what? The Beatles, Take That, Westlife, Spice Girls, Sugababes, All Saints, Destiny's Child, One Direction, Jackson 5...they all had problems within the group. I can't think of a group that hasn't. Fifth Harmony and Little Mix are currently very popular, but one day in the future when both groups break up, we'll probably hear that there were issues and differences. When you put a group of people together 24/7 working and living together for a number of years then problems will arise, it's natural. Anyway, regarding 'All In My Head', how is it doing in the UK? They need another UK hit desperately.

You're right. All In My Head is receiving airplay and has been added to the C-list on radio one, it's climbing very slowly on iTunes. Hopefully it starts rising a bit faster. It might do a Start Without You in the UK and peak at the end of August/early September.
    Forum Member
    Work From Home has gone x3 platinum in Australia. It's nothing to brag about really as Australia has always been so receptive of girl groups.
    Forum Member
    Flex rises to 29 on BBH100! Another hit for 5H :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just heard the new track 'Voicemail', which I really like. Not on the current album, which is a joke>:(
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Swift's Is Now Accused Of Trying To Split Up Fifth Harmony
    http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/fifth-harmony/news/taylor-swift-attempted-break-up/
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I've just heard the new track 'Voicemail', which I really like. Not on the current album, which is a joke>:(

It is on the album. I think they'll add more tracks to the deluxe version on iTunes
  • Johnny_Orfino1Johnny_Orfino1 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    71 Fifth Harmony
    Espaco das Americas Sao Paulo, Brazil
    July 5, 2016
    $445,402
    7,422 /7,422

94 Fifth Harmony
    Net Live Brasilia, Brazil
    July 3, 2016
    $252,559
    4,600/4,600

95 Fifth Harmony
    Vivo Rio Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    July 1, 2016
    $247,629
    3,686/3,686

In total, the South American leg of the #727Tour made gross revenue of $2,330,832 and was 97% sold out with 6 sold out shows!
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Where can I hear Voicemail ?
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Where can I hear Voicemail ?

Napstar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is on the album. I think they'll add more tracks to the deluxe version on iTunes

yeah, it has been added to the album on Napster:)
    Forum Member
    Four years since the girls were put together! :) Here's to two more eras
  • Kenza_PayneKenza_Payne Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Wow I haven't been here in a long time but here I am!

Happy Birthday to our girls! And let me just say how pleased I am that they have a live band on tour... it's all I wanted lol.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    still really want to hear Voicemail :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    still really want to hear Voicemail :o

Unfortunately, there is no official audio for this song, apart from Napster. I've checked on youtube and the song is on there, but bad quality. You would need to use Napster, if you want good quality.