Three's Deteriorating Service and Empty Promises.(rant)

124»

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see about 5 posts a night from you for days on end now pretty much saying the same thing. I would try a different sim card, different phone and keep on the phone at them if I were you.

Are you sure it couldn't be the phone or sim, as other person said they were getting 15Mb/s down in your area in reply to your posts last night or the night before.

Nobody here is going to be able to help, you need to keep on at Three and test and see if it could be your phone or sim. I'd be tempted to go into the store and ask for help if I were you.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable! Phoned up Three's 2nd Line Support today after yet another failed promise to fix the utterly dreadful data and network issue I've been experiencing for the past 3 weeks. All I got was the option to LEAVE! Was given the usual crap about mast down and engineers are looking into it, and was then told that the only real option was to cancel my contract!

Since the new of Three changing the One Plan, I am beginning to wonder if Three are tinkering with the network to get people to leave and free up the system!

The service here in Brighton is at an all time low. I travelled around town and hardly ever reached more than one bar! |Indoor reception is very hit and miss.
  • Ben_FisherBen_Fisher Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    Unbelievable! Phoned up Three's 2nd Line Support today after yet another failed promise to fix the utterly dreadful data and network issue I've been experiencing for the past 3 weeks. All I got was the option to LEAVE! Was given the usual crap about mast down and engineers are looking into it, and was then told that the only real option was to cancel my contract!

Since the new of Three changing the One Plan, I am beginning to wonder if Three are tinkering with the network to get people to leave and free up the system!

The service here in Brighton is at an all time low. I travelled around town and hardly ever reached more than one bar! |Indoor reception is very hit and miss.

Did they want you to buy out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben_Fisher wrote: »
    Did they want you to buy out?

I am on a 30 day rolling contract, so no.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toofast wrote: »

Leave then! vote with your feet, there's no point moaning here. All networks have areas with bad service. I would swap over to EE if I were you. I know of issues where a mast has to go because of a building being demolished, or redevelopment, or for whatever reason the land owners tell the network they have to remove it. It can take months to get the planning, order the kit and schedule in something else, this has happened to all networks, it doesn't sound like something they can fix just now. So you've been given the choice to leave or wait for them to fix it, that's your choice.
  • totalhysteriatotalhysteria Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I have had major issues in Burgess Hill again tonight. Full signal but no data and unable to make any calls. Yesterday I had no data but calls were fine. I think some of the masts near me are microwave fed from the one in the town centre so assume that if that's on the blink it could affect others?

I have emailed support as after yesterdays full data outage and the continuing crap speeds I wanted something done. I'm Going to call tomorrow though as it's getting worse and I'm in contract so im stuck. I couldn't even use my internet banking app in town- not very helpful!!
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get excellent speeds where I live (Very rural), which is surprising as virtually the whole village and surrounding farms all use '3' as a substitute for poor (< 1mbps) ADSL, despite this I rarely see below 10mbps even at peak times, even in the summer when a local caravan park is full of holidaying families.

However, in direct contrast the market town where I work, rarely see's above 1mbps from '3', and 'no connection' messages are a regular occurance and this is just inside the town centre. '3' blame this on congestion, and the fact that the two masts covering the town are not yet high speed enabled.

They have been constantly promising that the entire area is due to be fully upgraded to at least DC-HSDPA "very soon" for over 12 months now, and interestingly the town is also one that is on the list to have 4G by the end of 2014. I think that they are cutting it a bit fine, since no planning applications appear on the local Council website, and nothing about future availability of 4G is showing on their own coverage checker, it just says "Not available" and I have a gut feeling it will continue to say this well into the New Year.

I know several work colleagues who also live in the Town and who have all left '3' when their contracts expired, have since moved to 02 / Giffgaff whose Data connection speeds in the same town makes '3' look like dial up.

If I didn't live in an area which shows how good Three speeds can be, then I would probably have already joined them. Although I think the huge reduction in tethering from Unlimited to 4GB and the insult of having to stand a fairly large price increase for the privilege of getting that reduced allowance will be the final push, as the majority of my monthly usage is web surfing, I can get unlimited web access from one of the old T-Mobile 6 / 12 month data sims, for a buy it now price, which works out at about £4.50 a month.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest my 3 service has become worse and worse each day. I now get no signal on a few parts of my train ride to work where I didn't get before, and the switch over from 3G to 4G causes problems now where data wont work for about 30 seconds after the switch over.

Also for the last 3 years they have been telling me a new mast would be going up by 15th December, it was 2011, 2012, 2013 and now executive office has stated to me it will be done by 15th December 2014.

If it wasn't for being on the original £15 one plan I would leave Three and move over to EE. I would never have said this the same time last year.
  • jaffboy151jaffboy151 Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest my 3 service has become worse and worse each day. I now get no signal on a few parts of my train ride to work where I didn't get before, and the switch over from 3G to 4G causes problems now where data wont work for about 30 seconds after the switch over.

I commented about this issue on the main Three 4g thread a few weeks ago, but it was completely ignored by the couple of three lovers who post there a lot, which seems to happen a lot unless your one of the chosen few or are saying good things about there roll out method..
    jaffboy151 wrote: »
    yet more irritations seem to be springing up as a result of the way three is rolling out 4g...
    I'm finding in areas with 4g my phone is automatically switching to 4g over the 3g signal in all but very strong 3g signals, sounds like a good move, but so is everyone else's and with only 1 mast live in an area the speeds are becoming shocking!! in telford and Wolverhampton ive only got 3-5mbps over the past few days, Stafford is a respectable 27mbps though, also as it holds onto a weak 4g signal, battery use is going through the roof and draining fast, another result of holding onto a weak 4g signal is when driving round the area, its constantly switching between 3g & 4g, now going 4g>3g is seamless, but the other way round causes a loss of data for around 5 seconds before whilst the h or 3g symbol vanishes and the 4g appears..
    all in all it is a bit P**s Poor, would be an issue if I thought it was a temporary issue and a few more masts were coming online soon, but three roll out rate is so slow it could be next year before another comes online at this rate, meanwhile, streaming and speeds are becoming dire and phones become a great pocket heater (before the battery Dies) :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also for the last 3 years they have been telling me a new mast would be going up by 15th December, it was 2011, 2012, 2013 and now executive office has stated to me it will be done by 15th December 2014.

If it wasn't for being on the original £15 one plan I would leave Three and move over to EE. I would never have said this the same time last year.

You have just confirmed to me that Three executive office (2nd line support) talk utter BS to their customers!....I too was told an upgrade would take place on, wait for it, the 15th December this year!!! Obviously a line spun to fob off their customers. Three are a joke.I too, like you, was very happy with Three until problems began this year. I am now with intermittent signal and extremely poor data for nearly 4 weeks. I have been promised a mast repair for nearly 4 weeks now! Which is ridiculous. I would change contract if I weren't on the One Plan also.
  • totalhysteriatotalhysteria Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Called 3 today to report my crap data issue. Was told 2nd line would call me back in an hour. Get a call back to tell me they are too busy and will call in back within 2 days.

Data is still terrible throughout my town. Will see what tomorrow brings when I'm back in Brighton.

In going to pester three on this, as I'm paying £38/month and want to use Internet when I'm out and about.