Glee pre-recording tonight?

Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lea Michele (who plays Rachel in Glee) tweeted this last night:

London! So happy to be here! :) Off to bed now though to get lots of rest for X Factor tomorrow. Yay!!

While Cory Monteith (who plays Finn) tweeted 40mins ago:

London is awesome. just thought I'd say that. verrrry excited for x factor later :)) .. hope you all tune in!!!

Does that mean that they're pre-recording for tomorrow later on today or they are on the show tonight??

Comments

• Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    They must be pre-recording tonight and they think it's going out live...
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Could be pre-recording, maybe some are making an xtra factor appearence?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Everyone look for continuity errors on tomorrow's show, such as judges clothing, audience positions and Dermott! :p
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,529
    Forum Member
    They could just be watching the show tonight... but I would prob guess at pre-recording though
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm SO excited that Gleeks are in London!

Will have to catch their performance on Youtube or something.
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless for some strange reason Glee are performing tonight? But I wouldn't think so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    They're recording it tonight, and the engineer will be working round the clock to make sure the autotune is heavily over every vocal ready for tomorrow night :)
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they're doing the ol' trick (which the X-Factor do all the time) of pre-recording a backing track and making it sound better than live, but not studio quality so it fools the 10 people who don't think they're miming?
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're recording it tonight, and the engineer will be working round the clock to make sure the autotune is heavily over every vocal ready for tomorrow night :)
    Perhaps they're doing the ol' trick (which the X-Factor do all the time) of pre-recording a backing track and making it sound better than live, but not studio quality so it fools the 10 people who don't think they're miming?

These are broadway performers. Not popstars. They're used to singing live.

They're probably pre-recording the performance because I'm going to to guess they're only in the country for today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at those who say they need autotune.
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »

They're probably pre-recording the performance because I'm going to to guess they're only in the country for today.

Broadway performers or not, they release album after album of autotuned junk covers. They are an insult to the music industry. I love the reasoning they and 'Gleeks' give for these lazy autotuned vocals - because they are too 'busy' :rolleyes: What a joke.
    Forum Member
    LOL at those who say they need autotune.

*listens to 15 Glee cover albums available*

Yep, seems as though they do :D

*watches show*

Yep :D
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many Glee fans have expressed annoyance at the amount of autotune used, as they don't need it, just because the producers use it doesn't mean they need it.
    Forum Member

Indeed and seemingly most of them can sing properly (especially the main female character) but lots of people who can actually sing have mimed on the X-Factor, and some of the ones who have sang live sounded awful on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Ughhhh so Glee are on this weekend? :( I don't "get" this whole Glee thing :(
    Forum Member
    Many Glee fans have expressed annoyance at the amount of autotune used, as they don't need it, just because the producers use it doesn't mean they need it.

Which completely proves my point - it's lazy. Whether that's on the part of the producers, the recording engineers or the singers themselves, I don't know. What I do know, is that every single recorded version of their songs I've heard has been HEAVILY autotuned and sounds horrendously bad as a result. It all boils down to laziness and greed.

Will they sing live on the X Factor? We'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*watches show*

Neither Lea Michele nor Amber Riley need autotune.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones who are slagging Glee off, I suppose you'd want the usual Buble/prev XF contestant/past it boyband on tomorrow night then? :rolleyes:

At least it's a bit of a change from the usual. I hope that Lea and Amber sing live at the very least. Chris Colfer tweeted that he's not in the UK, he's had to stay to film some scenes :(
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*watches show*

So... because there is autotune on the recordings, they NEED it? :confused:

What strange logic. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i noticed the tweets as well. maybe they will tweet after the performance tonight if it's pre recorded
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sing live on their performances:

Live on tour.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvIWJw4SlwA&feature=fvw

White House Performances:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3I9tqGCYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC4RNSA5YWQ

Notice how Cory's voice is a LOT less powerful than the recorded versions. They do sing live and will no doubt sing over a backing track on X Factor.

Lea Michele and Amber Riley in particular are fantastic singers
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    The ones who are slagging Glee off, I suppose you'd want the usual Buble/prev XF contestant/past it boyband on tomorrow night then? :rolleyes:

At least it's a bit of a change from the usual. I hope that Lea and Amber sing live at the very least. Chris Colfer tweeted that he's not in the UK, he's had to stay to film some scenes :(

Buble sings live, and even though I'm no fan I acknowledge he's a good performer. Yeah, I wouldn't mind some ex XF contestants. I'd certainly prefer them to these lot.
    So... because there is autotune on the recordings, they NEED it? :confused:

What strange logic. :confused:

Whether they NEED it or not, it's there. To someone who isn't familiar with Glee but is familiar with autotune(like myself, who produces vocals) they could certainly be forgiven for thinking they do. Maybe they don't, I don't know. All the evidence says otherwise though.
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lea Michele definitely doesn't need autotune - the fact that she's a Broadway star should be enough to show that. Having heard Amber Riley sing the national anthem at the SuperBowl shows that she doesn't either. Unless that is pre-recorded :p
    Forum Member
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    They sing live on their performances:

Live on tour.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvIWJw4SlwA&feature=fvw

White House Performances:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3I9tqGCYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC4RNSA5YWQ

Notice how Cory's voice is a LOT less powerful than the recorded versions. They do sing live and will no doubt sing over a backing track on X Factor.

Lea Michele and Amber Riley in particular are fantastic singers

Finally, a 'Gleek' puts up! Usually they won't shut up ;) Thank you.

Sorry to say it though, the live vocals on all of those vids ranges from horrendously bad to average :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I know that question wasn't aimed at me since i never slagged them off. But since i don't want them i'll answer :)

Buble - Yes please, love him to bits. Great performer, stunning voice, loads of charisma
    Previous X Factor contestant - if they're good yes :) Alex, JLS, Leona, Leon - love 'em all though i realise there's no chance they'd have Leon on.
    Past-it boyband - no thanks. I don't watch Westlife and co.

Some of this years' guest performers have left a lot to be desired! :(