Carlos Tevez hands in Transfer request

bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to tomorrow's NOTW, also turns down £250k a week contract. Paul McCarthy seemed pretty certain on SSN.

Comments

• cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he can come on loan to the Hammers if he likes....we're in the shit and he can dig us out of the hole we're in....
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no time for the man. He was third choice for most of the season at Old Trafford then stomped around like a baby with a Freudian complex when the club didn't want to pay something like £30m to retain his services, then he signs for the local rivals is happy to rub it in the face of all the fans he claims he 'loved' and thanked for their support and ever since then he's just been bitching about hating football and wanting to retire and flouncing off back to Argentina every other week.

I've always maintained that I don't think he is that good. He doesn't belong in the upper echelons of the best forwards of this era, nowhere near.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I aint surprised. His wife and kids have gone back S. America. They clearly cant settle in the UK and you cant live away from your family like that.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not in the least surprised I knew it would only be a matter of time before he buggered off somehere else.

He will be gone soon as the transfer window reopens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not in the least surprised I knew it would only be a matter of time before he buggered off somehere else.

He will be gone soon as the transfer window reopens.

Yes. City will spend big to bring someone else in. They can have Owen for £48m if they wish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'd also take £25m for Hargreaves, they are best friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. City will spend big to bring someone else in. They can have Owen for £48m if they wish.

Lets snap their hands off :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tevez has had another offer. I don't buy all this 'hasn't settled, wants to return to Argentina' nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like Man City could be bringing in a few strikers as Balotelli threw a tantrum when he was substituted today....plus he was shite.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheeks wrote: »
    looks like Man City could be bringing in a few strikers as Balotelli threw a tantrum when he was substituted today....plus he was shite.....

Turning into a nightmare for them. Can't have this mid-season. Can't have it.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah, I think Diouf is more up their street. They like to sign our cast-offs! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tevez has had another offer. I don't buy all this 'hasn't settled, wants to return to Argentina' nonsense.

Not £250k a week though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Not £250k a week though.

A footballer's career is only finite. The amount of money you can realistically desire is too. Perhaps he's learning that languishing in a team that probably won't be winning any trophies or playing in Europe's most high profile competition for a while, isn't worth the difference in wages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A footballer's career is only finite. The amount of money you can realistically desire is too. Perhaps he's learning that languishing in a team that probably won't be winning any trophies or playing in Europe's most high profile competition for a while, isn't worth the difference in wages.

lol. City will be in the CL next season no doubt about it. FFS there in the title race.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos Tevez has never struck me as a loyal player and is a club hopper jumping from club to club rakeing in as much money as he can upseting or causing problems wherever he goes, ie West Ham, Manchester Utd now City.

I dont beleive the nonsense he is spouting about not settling,in England its just a ploy to get out of City and move on somehere else.

Next stop is Spain mark my words.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol. City will be in the CL next season no doubt about it. FFS there in the title race.

Nah they're not in the title race. They're in a scrap for fourth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen Man City today I'd say that Mancini has got them set up well but they're not in the same class as Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

When you think of all the money that they've spent and the team could still do with some tinkering, they're getting closer I 'spose but not there yet.....
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the moment, they are in a false position, due to us having two games in hand.
  • hypervisorhypervisor Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is the reason that fergie didnt sign him up, it was always on the cards
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These wives that up sticks and leave their husbands with silly excuses about not being able to settle. Husbands who earn well enough to give them a great life.

Selfishness springs to mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't seem too happy lately, mind you the same thing can be said about other City players.

I wonder how much City will want for Tevez or if they will do a swap deal for another striker?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    City don't have to sell.......
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    If this story is true (Which I doubt) he'll be on his way back to Argentina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We always knew he wouldnt be around long, we are dealing with a depressed footballer... puts his all in for the club, but off the field he misses his family. He's always talked of early retirement

Best wait for the club to make a statement on this. If he is off I recon there will be a player swap deal on the cards, City don't need the money.
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always took Tevez's whinging as an attempt to get a bumper pay rise more in line with Yaya's.

Not looking good for City if they cannot hold onto their strikers.

First Robinho, now Tevez.