Options

I've Been To Wembley! Share Your Story...

SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
Forum Member
✭✭
Yes, I am creating a thread for people to write about their experience at Wembley Arena this Saturday!

It looks like a MASSIVE floor and I am sure the atmosphere would be electrifying on the night!

We want to hear ALL about it, so make sure you tell us here!:D

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definately will
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definately will

Enjoy yourself!!!:D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    All together now...

WEMBERLEY...
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Great idea...I'm looking forward to reading everyones reports then :D

HAVE A GREAT TIME EVERYONE GOING :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wem-ber-ley Wem-ber-ley Wem-ber-ley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wem-ber-ley Wem-ber-ley Wem-ber-ley

*waves*
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    SCD -O you beat me to it:D

Depending on how long it takes to get out of Wembley car park:eek: I expect to arrive home at around 2.00am:eek::eek:

now what shall I do first?

read the show thread:D

read the spoiler thread:D

watch the show all over again:D

post on this thread:D:D

I might try and do all of this at the same time:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might be home in the very early hours but I may stop at a friends for the night depending on what the timings are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll wait for the stories, we'll be patient. Yes, the Royal 'we'. :D
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be lovely to have reports from everyone who is going, especially if you're lucky enough to run up against someone in ridiculously tight zebra pants. What are they like up close, please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    It'd be lovely to have reports from everyone who is going, especially if you're lucky enough to run up against someone in ridiculously tight zebra pants. What are they like up close, please?

And see if they could actually SIT when wearing those zebrapants. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And see if they could actually SIT when wearing those zebrapants. :D

I doubt it. Evidence here. Screencap posted by SuzieQ in the Chelsee and Pasha App thread. :eek:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zi4xsw.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    I doubt it. Evidence here. Screencap posted by SuzieQ in the Chelsee and Pasha App thread. :eek:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2zi4xsw.png

Absolutely ridiculous! The picture just proved it, innit? *waiting for iplayer version to appear so as to view it again, for scientific purposes of course*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely ridiculous! The picture just proved it, innit? *waiting for iplayer version to appear so as to view it again, for scientific purposes of course*

The wonderful Suzie has put up a downloadable file of the interview (in the C and P App thread). But you'll have to wait for the iplayer for the safari experience ;)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Wembley and saw David Bowie. Divine.
  • Options
    gregoa3gregoa3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    In the late 1960's I can say that I actually danced at Wemberley (two years running aged 11 & 12)!

Dance News & Recall finals (Old Time), it was soooo exciting, can't imagine what it will be like tonight, off the scale I reckon. Wish I was going :-(
  • Options
    durnovariandurnovarian Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Wembley a few years ago and saw a combined bill of Showaddywaddy, David Cassidy, David Essex and three Osmonds (Jimmy was there, Donny wasn't, can't remember the other two). The American acts were a bit meh, but the British ones *rocked*. Such fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At Wemberley in the restaurant. I heard my name mentioned & by sheer fluke MrsF is at the next table. No sign of Pasha though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I went to Wembley Arena in 1999, twice in 2004 and in 2009, all for gigs :) I went to Wembley Stadium last year to see Green Day too, which was amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hello peeps

just got back...off to make myself a cup of tea, then I'll post some thoughts and read what you've been saying:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    hello peeps

just got back...off to make myself a cup of tea, then I'll post some thoughts and read what you've been saying:D

A lot of people didn't like the show. I didn't mind it. I thought with the exception of Russell, the show was a success. Not spectacular (at least it didn't translate into my screen), but not THAT bad as people made it out to be. Maybe they were too hyped up to start with.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just been having a quick flick through the comments.

This is what it looked like to the audience.........

warm up guy was very good, had us jumping up and down on our seats, practising our standing o's:p

We were told all the slebs were very nervous...hardly surprising.

Robbie going first, got an enormous cheer from the crowd. Dance was pants technically, but very entertaining to watch.

All the slebs got a very rousing cheer, Anita and Alex got the most muted, but Anita was saying hello to the people around her as she started her dance from the steps.

I had a differenty opinion to the judges on nearly all the dances...they were definitely watching something else than me, but then I think that anyway;)

My favourite slebs could have just stood there, and I'd have been thrilled:D

Jason was the one who seemed to me to be able to connect to everyone in the crowd. He was very popular.

In the results show, look out for "the Beatles" :D very cheesy, but I loved it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    We were in row R so way up in the back but still had a fabulous time. Some rndom thoughts:

They filmed the opening dance twice (the guitarist was Craig). Then they filmed Il divo for tonight's show (thought they were really good!) and Tess' tv trail.
    Thought the atmosphere was great (although I got wound up by people leaving before the end (whilst they were showing the recaps & phone numbers!)).
    The warm up guy was really good working the crowd, Bruce was very funny too (definitely better unscripted!). They all seemed to be totally loving it.
    During the end dance to the first show Bruno & Flavia were having a right old boogie, and Craig & Len were dancing together too.
    Loved the dance for the opening of tonight's show, it was really good fun. That was filmed twice too.
    I think everyone got a good reception, especially Harry, Chelsee and Jason.
    Claudia was very funny in-between takes on the results show - at one point the camera was focussed in on Robin's pecs and Ola's chest, Robin appeared to be able to move them on demand!
    Oh and russell's helmet totally got away from the props guy - he legged it across the stage after it.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, basically everybody who was there, including all the staff had a rip-roaring time. Great. No need to worry about the 10m viewers at home then who thought it was a total shambles.
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    So, basically everybody who was there, including all the staff had a rip-roaring time. Great. No need to worry about the 10m viewers at home then who thought it was a total shambles.

11.4m actually.

And I was watching and thought it was marvellous.