Comments

• JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Make that 4 for Broad!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double B wrote: »
    I'd have Onions instead of Broad personally, I can't see the appeal of Broad. His average is astonishing considering how many matches he's played and it's not as though he offers much else like Flintoff did. Onions is a phenomenal bowler and probably would have been in instead of Broad if not for injury.

You were saying?
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's been all of two matches ago since he took 6 in an innings.

Honestly, I know Broad is a bit of a brash individual, but I find it bizarre how he has one indifferent innings and the calls for his head come.

Particularly for Bresnan who has played much worse in his recent Test Matches, or Onions who is past 30, and has an indifferent injury record.

I realise that sean , but the point I was trying to make was that he was bowling well (ie a fuller length)
    When he took those 6, he didn't bowl as well as he has today.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,773
    Forum Member
    Great spell from Broad - get his confidence back up.
    Forum Member
    Jimmy joining in now! 25-5
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Broad and Anderson putting the Kiwi's to the sword atm.

NZ 25/5
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmeh:D

Mccullum's going to have to counter-attack here, it's the only slight hope they have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long time since there have been 9 wickets in a morning session at Lords I think

Well played England
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this is over before the football starts at 4pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Long time since there have been 9 wickets in a morning session at Lords I think

Well played England

Make that 10 !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has got to be one of the quickest Michelles ever in terms of balls.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Sensational mornings cricket, should all be over in time for the football!
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    54-8...
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    What an utter farce for NZ at the end...
    Forum Member
    68 all out

Bit of a silly finish but there you go
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IceWarrior wrote: »
    Just knew my negative comment would inspire Broad!

it was you wot won it !................:p
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol nuts. Good to see Broad back in form anyway.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England on great form.

Could be looking at back to back 5-0 series wins against Australia weather permitting. :)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double B wrote: »
    I'd have Onions instead of Broad personally, I can't see the appeal of Broad. His average is astonishing considering how many matches he's played and it's not as though he offers much else like Flintoff did. Onions is a phenomenal bowler and probably would have been in instead of Broad if not for injury.

Broad seems to have this knack of saving himself with a stand out performance when he needs it.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    His average is skewed somewhat by a disastrous record early on where he averaged 40 for a long time. He was thrown into the England side a bit too soon in my opinion.

Don't read too much into averages.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Broad seems to have this knack of saving himself with a stand out performance when he needs it.

I will say he is very inconsistent, he could be brilliant, take 5 wickets in a 30 minute spell, and be very ordinary for a day or session, the only time he has been consistently good was in the 2011 England vs India series, otherwise he has been hit and miss.
    but I would still pick him though, he just need to be more consistent and not bowl the short ball too much, he is so much lethal when he bowls full and good length balls.
  • bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, when was the last time (if ever) 10 wickets fell without a change of bowler?
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob187 wrote: »
    So, when was the last time (if ever) 10 wickets fell without a change of bowler?

Don't know about other teams but the stat going round today is that it is the first time England had just two men bowl unchanged through a completed all-out innings since 1936.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    bob187 wrote: »

For England it was 1936 apparently, when we bowled the Aussies out in 12 overs! :D
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Why is Sky's highlights programme only an hour? Is it because it's 'only' New Zealand.

I know they've separated the analysis (which is a good thing) but they've at the same time reduced the time devoted to the day's play.

If I wanted a highlights programme of 45 minutes plus adverts, then I'd watch Channel 5.

Until recently, Sky have always had a 2 hour programme (incl ads) of the day's play.

After a day at work, that's the sort of highlights programme I want to watch.
This discussion has been closed.