Options

Are Capital snubbing Gentleman?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
I hear What About Us all the time but have yet to hear a spin of Gentleman?

Comments

• Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have playlisted it haven't they not ?
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    troy4783 wrote: »
    They have playlisted it haven't they not ?

Capital playlisting doesn't mean anything really. They playlist songs but never play them, and always play songs from months ago on repeat that aren't even on the playlist.
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Capital playlisted Pour It Up, but never played it in the day-time.

Their playlist is just for show I think. If you actually listen to the station, you'll hear that they never play certain songs on their playlist. They also playlisted Harlem Shake, My Life, but never played them during day-time.

I haven't heard Gentleman it before, but if it's a ballad, or urban, or guitar-lead, it doesn't surprise me that they're reluctant to play it.

But yeah, don't judge what Capital play by their playlist. I actually listen to the station, and they don't play all the songs on there, although I've not listened much in the past few weeks, so I can't say for definite if they're not playing Gentleman.

Also, it's still quite a while until the song is out isn't it? Maybe they'll increase its rotation later.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but anyone who listens to commercial radio will be lucky to hear anything descent between the bloody ads.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I heard Gentlemen on Capital, maybe about a week ago.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Capital is a joke of a station. I listened to it in the car once and they seem to play the same few songs on a loop. That's one of the main reasons I tend to avoid mainstream radio if I can and listen to internet radio or use Youtube/Grooveshark/my own iTunes instead.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is 'Gentlemen'? seen this thread few times now and still none the wiser
  • Options
    x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »

Well it's either the new PSY track, or The Saturdays new single. Knowing DS it's The Saturdays.

I don't know why people are worried that Capital aren't playing The Saturdays anyway. They'll get a decent sized hit just from fan base purchases alone . I think R1 have got them on their playlist as well as other radio stations across the UK, not to mention TV support too.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's the new Saturdays single out at the end of June. The clue is in the opening post. What About Us was their last single.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the new Saturdays single out at the end of June. The clue is in the opening post. What About Us was their last single.

Ahhh 'scuse my ignorance, never heard of that one either, god I am getting old!
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »
    Well it's either the new PSY track, or The Saturdays new single. Knowing DS it's The Saturdays.

I don't know why people are worried that Capital aren't playing The Saturdays anyway. They'll get a decent sized hit just from fan base purchases alone . I think R1 have got them on their playlist as well as other radio stations across the UK, not to mention TV support too.

No they NEED Capital tbh. Capital didn't play one of their singles a couple of years ago (I can't remember what it was called, but it came after All Fired Up, and was a ballad), and it flopped really bad.

Rihanna's previous single, Pour It Up, flopped and charted at #70 because Capital wouldn't play it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    No they NEED Capital tbh. Capital didn't play one of their singles a couple of years ago (I can't remember what it was called, but it came after All Fired Up, and was a ballad), and it flopped really bad.

Rihanna's previous single, Pour It Up, flopped and charted at #70 because Capital wouldn't play it.

That would have been My Heart Takes Over. It was released in November 2011, a week or two before On Your Radar. IIRC it only got to No 15 in the charts.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope Capital never play it, that way we may get rid of another crappy girl band!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lets hope Capital never play it, that way we may get rid of another crappy girl band!

They're not that bad! Maybe you don't like them, but there are loads of people who do. We can't all like the same things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is an awful follow up to WAU so i don't blame them if they don't playlist it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    it is an awful follow up to WAU so i don't blame them if they don't playlist it!

Lies! :p It's brilliant.

And it's playlisted - by Capital and Radio 1. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »

I think it's great. It's quirky and completely different for The Saturdays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the song at first now its just stuck in my head ugh lol ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have the 'pleasure' of watching that Capital music channel on Sky, then you'll know they play Gentleman about 6 times every hour.

That channel has been on in our house from around 12:45, it's now 13:26... it's been on 3 times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Ahhh 'scuse my ignorance, never heard of that one either, god I am getting old!

Ha you're not old you just have good taste :P
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether people like Gentleman or not, it's an extremely important single choice. Had they gone for a dance track, Radio would more than likely snub it. It's about time they took a risk and look, they're playlisted by the two biggest stations in the country.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Ugh I hate that capital have some influence on the songs that chart.... Just saying

I hate capital don't they play 4 songs on loop lol... I got kinda bored and started to listen to bbc radio 1..

Does anyone know if radio 1 play it ?
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Did Capital playlist How You Doin'? by Little Mix?

I didn't hear it once on the station...
  • Options
    chrisgeorgiou46chrisgeorgiou46 Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    It's weird. The majority of people either hate WAU and love Gentleman, or love WAU and hate Gentleman. I am the former. Love it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    If you have the 'pleasure' of watching that Capital music channel on Sky, then you'll know they play Gentleman about 6 times every hour.

That channel has been on in our house from around 12:45, it's now 13:26... it's been on 3 times.

Is the Capital TV station owned by the people who own Capital FM or are they completely unrelated in all but name?