Options

How worrying are UKIP to you?

Comments

• Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Only if you fall for the propaganda from the far left .
    Ah yes of course "criticism of Ukip = far left propaganda"
    So whose 'propaganda' is this then?

http://web.archive.org/web/20140429214324/http://www.amjadbashir.co.uk/
    About Amjad Bashir

Hello and welcome to my website.

I am Amjad Bashir, though those who know me well call me Peter.

I am proud to be a British family man with Pakistani roots and on a UKIP platform. Where is the racism?

I joined UKIP as I felt the needs of the small to medium size businesses are being neglected by the current ‘big 3’ parties, as well as their failure to tackle mass immigration, EU red tape and many other issues.

I was drawn to UKIP by the pledge to cut EU bureaucracy and red tape. There are 120,000 E.U. Laws and counting. The top 100 E.U. Regulation ranked by their costs (The Governments own figures) cost the UK’s Businesses £18 billion per year. Cost of E.U. membership is independently estimated up to £120 billion per year. E.U. is behind most employment regulations, listed below are but a few.

1) Working time regulations.

2) Climate change act.

3) Energy performance certificates.

4) Temporary agency workers directive (not yet in place).

5) Vehicle excise duty (reduce pollution).

To list but a few.

E.U. regulations are costing the U.K. economy around 5.5% of its GDP.

E.U. regulations depress the output of the U.K. economy by around £80 billion.

Employment policies which make it impossible to employ.

1) Maternity leave.

2) Paternity leave.

3) Holiday entitlement.

4) Working time directive.

5) Minimum Wage

6) Flexible working directive.

7) Unfair dismissal (tribunals).

There is too much government. Only massive cuts in taxation and regulation can grow the economy.

Government is the problem, not the solution.

As a businessman I have seen so many roads blocked to expansion because of the rules and regulations.

As the son of immigrants, I was able to form my own business in the days when there were plenty of jobs. But things have changed, we now have to seriously restrict immigration to all but those that add value to our country.

I also support the UK removing itself from the EU. The EU is unelected, yet it dictates to us what we can and cannot do and creates new laws while spending billions of our pounds. They also prevent us negotiating out own trade deals. Outside of the EU we would be able to trade globally with any nation, for example former commonwealth nations like Canada, Australia and India, as well as the U.S, far east and the majority of Europe, but without EU restrictions holding us back and costing us billions.

So, there you have it, "far left propaganda" straight from "Peter" the Ukip Small & Medium Business Spokesman, and "Peter" openly admits that he is opposed to our EU membership because of those pesky rules and regulations that prevent him and his chums exploiting.... OOPS I meant "employing" more people and allowing "Peter" and his chums to make lots and lots of luverly profit,
    the things that "Peter" and his chums say the don't like are,

1) Maternity leave.

2) Paternity leave.

3) Holiday entitlement.

4) Working time directive.

5) Minimum Wage

6) Flexible working directive.

7) Unfair dismissal (tribunals)

all of these pesky EU rules and regulations, so IF you agree with "Peter" and his Ukip chums, and think that we shouldn't have maternity and paternity leave, or paid holidays or basically ANY employment rights whatsoever, then feel free to vote for them,
    of course this little piece in the link has now been removed from his website, can't have all you good people asking questions about anything other than the withdrawal from the the EU now can we? HELL, you can't even ask questions about that.

Like how will it happen, how long will it take, how much would it cost, what will we do about all the EU citizens who are already here, what will happen to the 2 million UK citizens who live and work in the EU?

and who would want to vote for a party that the EDL support? their leader urged EDL supporters to vote Ukip, "because they say what we say but in a different way"

and when the leader of your party actually "boasts" that over one third of the BNP vote has come over to Ukip, as though this is a good thing, instead of asking what is it about Ukip that former supporters of the BNP find so attractive that it's causing them to flock to your party in droves,

these things are facts, they aren't "far left propaganda" unless of course Nige is a "far left" plant along with Neil Hamilton, Tommy Robinson, and Nick Griffin.

but hey, I am willing to listen and invite any Ukip supporter to give us some actual Ukip policies, not opinions from members or things that they have said they would like, but actual policies and kindly provide links, OH and "we will pull out of the EU" doesn't count,
    Now I know that to many Kippers asking the same questions we would ask any other political party that wants us to vote for them is "leftist propaganda" how DARE we ask questions?
    or we are "picking on them" or accusing them of being racists" so here is your chance to convince me and others as to why we should vote Ukip, lets hear some policies, over to you,
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    OP
    Notice the silence over the question you asked regarding UKIP policy
    This is the norm on here
    A lot of guff about exciting and refreshing and honest but nothing that means much or informative
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations for falling for the Labour Party's smear campaign of UKIP, although next time they would do better to give links that actually work and link to what they
    are claiming.

Oh and it is propaganda because it is not UKIP policy it is thoughts that have been touted to see how they fly. Do you really want to live in a climate where no political party flies new ideas for fear of people doing exactly what you have done and jumped to the wrong conclusion ?

Ah, I see.

Anyone concerned about the self-harm policies of UKIP (or at least, the ones we have an inkling about) have "fallen for the Labour Party's propaganda".

Here's news for you.

I am about as far from voting Labour, or "falling for" any of their polices as I am from the moon. I am currently intending to vote Conservative, though they are trying my patience at the moment. I am a opposed to the level of immigration we have had, and are having.

I don't need propaganda. I have sufficient life experience to make my own mind up. And I know that if UKIP ever got near the levers of power it would be a disaster for this country. It is an old fashioned, reactionary party that attracts every oddball. We would be the laughing stock of the world if it ever won power.
  • Options
    KiteviewKiteview Posts: 9,246
    Forum Member
    If the manifesto is total crap then yes.

If you believe a party campaigning on policies THEY believe to be "total crap" constitutes an improvement on the current parties and their policies far be it from me to tell you otherwise.

I would suggest however the likelihood of any of those "total crap" policies being implemented would be pretty much non-existent were the party elected to power.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiteview wrote: »
    If you believe a party campaigning on policies THEY believe to be "total crap" constitutes an improvement on the current parties and their policies far be it from me to tell you otherwise.

I would suggest however the likelihood of any of those "total crap" policies being implemented would be pretty much non-existent were the party elected to power.

The main parties impose total crap from their manifestos on us all the time. It would be nice if their vanity would occasionally allow them to realise it and hold their hands up before they reach the point of wasting billions of pounds on a brain fart.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Ah, I see.

Anyone concerned about the self-harm policies of UKIP (or at least, the ones we have an inkling about) have "fallen for the Labour Party's propaganda".

Here's news for you.

I am about as far from voting Labour, or "falling for" any of their polices as I am from the moon. I am currently intending to vote Conservative, though they are trying my patience at the moment. I am a opposed to the level of immigration we have had, and are having.

I don't need propaganda. I have sufficient life experience to make my own mind up. And I know that if UKIP ever got near the levers of power it would be a disaster for this country. It is an old fashioned, reactionary party that attracts every oddball. We would be the laughing stock of the world if it ever won power.

Well said,
    and anyone who is a regular reader here will know that you and I rarely see eye to eye politically, but even so I respect your right to vote for who you wish, as I do for anyone intending to vote for Ukip, but I would just like a few answers to some honest questions.

I am sick and Tired of some Kippers constantly playing the 'victim' card, "you don't like us because we have fresh ideas" really? then lets hear these "fresh ideas"?
    other than the very old anti EU anti foreigner ones that is,

Ask them a question even if it's exactly the same question you would ask of Labour or the Tories, and you are "picking on them" or you are "calling them racists" or "you hate this country" because to love this country you have to agree with the far right,

IF as we are told, Ukip are now a mainstream UK political party, then isnt it about time they started acting like one? and started treating the electorate like adults rather than naughty children who don't need to know the details of what they would do if elected to run this country,?
    "it's OK, don't you worry your silly little heads about the grown up stuff, Nigel will look after you, now run along and play"

We damn well have a right to ask question and a right to be given answers, and if that upsets some Kippers then perhaps they aren't quite ready for 'big school' yet.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    The main parties impose total crap from their manifestos on us all the time. It would be nice if their vanity would occasionally allow them to realise it and hold their hands up before they reach the point of wasting billions of pounds on a brain fart.

Hardly inspiring is it? Vote for us We are crap and useless but at least we are telling you now
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Hardly inspiring is it? Vote for us We are crap and useless but at least we are telling you now

:D

It beats what we have now which mainly seems to consist of standing neck deep in the shit pointing out the stains on the other guy.
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very worried with the parallels to 1939 at the moment.

I'm worried that behind that bonhomie that Farage exudes is an aspiring Hitler wanting to get out.

I reckon if no one stops him a European Land-grab will be just around the corner.

:o
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rise of the far right is a direct consequence of the way Labour rode roughshod over the publics concerns with immigration policy in the naughties.

When the politicians aren't listening they create a vacuum that others are only too happy to fill, this is compounded by the rank stupidity of trying to demonise anyone who doesn't follow the script.

Absolutely.

The three-party elite thought that since they all saw eye to eye of immigration and the EU there was nowhere for the disaffected masses to turn. Cameron thought those like-minded Conservative voters would be forced to stay in the fold; Labour thought the same; of course, no one cared what the LibDems thought. This was all moreorless true for a while.

Then along came UKIP and gave those disaffected masses a voice, along with a massive Up Yours to the Westminster elite. Ooooooooooops. :)

Apparently the metropolitan elite is now so hopelessly freaked out about UKIP that they're planning televising fictional dramas about them, and somehow hoping the apparently idiotic public will think they're actually reality.

You couldn't make it up; but you've got to love democracy in action.
  • Options
    NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - As far as UKIP are concerned I can't see myself as ever voting for them as I generally inhabit a different part of the political spectrum. That being said my ears tend to shut down when their opponents start with their incessant smear campaigns. I'm not interested in hearing why I shouldn't vote for the other guy because he's the devil incarnate, I want to hear why I should vote for "you".

At the moment I think parties like UKIP and the SNP are playing an important role in UK politics by giving the arrogant, insular parasites that make up the gruesome twosome a good solid kick in their complacency, My hope is they will finally shatter the myth that a vote outside the big two is wasted and create enough disruption to allow other small parties to step up to the plate and force meaningful democratic reform (and not just another stitch up to suit Lab/Con).

A varied politics is a healthy politics IMO and the more parties that join the fray the better and if that includes parties on the far right and left then so be it. A silenced voice is a resentful voice and far more dangerous for it.

This.
  • Options
    NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very worried with the parallels to 1939 at the moment.

I'm worried that behind that bonhomie that Farage exudes is an aspiring Hitler wanting to get out.

I reckon if no one stops him a European Land-grab will be just around the corner.

:o

Ok.

So are you saying that you believe that Nigel Farage will take us to war in mainland Europe? :o
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP are doing a very good job of highlighting immigration . With out UKIP would con and lab feel comfortable of raising the issue of immigration? Remember brown calling that old lady a racist! Remember cameron calling ukip voters swivel eyed loons! Would they dare do that now? UKIP are great for alot of reason but some people cant look out their box and see what great things ukip are achieving for the better of the UK. Its like the lib dems, they dont have much clout but have their foot in the door to affect things going forward!
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not worried at all. in fact, i am rather enjoying the way UKIP are currently shaking up the established parties. we needed a new kid on the block to shake the others out of their cosseted westminster bubble.
    whether you're a fan of UKIP or not, politics has become more interesting of late, and i hope it continues upto and past the election next year.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I'm more worried about Miliband getting the keys to Number 10 than I am about Farage
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    I'm more worried about Miliband getting the keys to Number 10 than I am about Farage

ditto, plus the thought of ed balls in number 11 should terrify everyone.:o
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbean wrote: »
    Thankyou for adding the link.

I don't see it as propaganda if it's true - they do want paid maternity leave abolished.

I'm sure it would be cheaper having no paid maternity leave but does that mean that from now on most women will have to have either a family or a job? Never both?

Perhaps you should also read this from the same site,

http://leftfootforward.org/2014/10/seeing-off-brexit-by-changing-the-treaty-of-rome-into-a-treaty-of-home/

If the EU actually listened to peoples problems rather than concentrating on what's best for business, maybe there would be no need for UKIP.
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok.

So are you saying that you believe that Nigel Farage will take us to war in mainland Europe? :o

Yes can't you see that his first step when he gets in power will be to invade Poland.

Surely you know your history, look at the parallels.

Thank The Lord we have resistance groups like Hope not Hate, they are the good guys aren't they? They smell a rat with Farage and they know their parallels and that's what is key in all this the parallels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    UKIP are doing a very good job of highlighting immigration . With out UKIP would con and lab feel comfortable of raising the issue of immigration? Remember brown calling that old lady a racist! Remember cameron calling ukip voters swivel eyed loons! Would they dare do that now? UKIP are great for alot of reason but some people cant look out their box and see what great things ukip are achieving for the better of the UK. Its like the lib dems, they dont have much clout but have their foot in the door to affect things going forward!

They're not great for exaggerating an issue which the general public already have misconceptions about.
    As a nation we hugely overestimate certain numbers - particularly when it comes to immigration

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/muslims-immigration-and-teenage-pregnancy-british-people-are-ignorant-about-almost-everything-9825116.html

The great irony about Ukip tapping into the feeling of mistrust we have come to feel is that they would make it worse by increasing Inequality. People in countries that are more unequal are less trusting in general, which maybe explains some of Ukips success at the moment. We have one of the biggest gaps between the rich and poor and more health and social problems than almost every other country in the EU, and yet we're supposed to see the EU only in a bad light. I think we would be better served by focussing more on the priorities of our own politicians at the moment.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    i'm not worried at all. in fact, i am rather enjoying the way UKIP are currently shaking up the established parties. we needed a new kid on the block to shake the others out of their cosseted westminster bubble.
    whether you're a fan of UKIP or not, politics has become more interesting of late, and i hope it continues upto and past the election next year.

I'm certainly not a fan of Ukip, and I agree with the above. A drastic shake-up in politics is exactly what we need - just a shame it took a rather odd party to do it.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not great for exaggerating an issue which the general public already have misconceptions about.

The general public are not stupid, they can see exactly what is going on all around them, they don't need statistics for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The general public are not stupid, they can see exactly what is going on all around them, they don't need statistics for that.

I don't trust statistics that much either, but you can't deny there is an obvious misconception. What Ukip are doing right now is misleading people more than is already the case.
    The poll showed British people estimate 21% of their countrymen are Muslims, while the actual figure is 5%.

This article has more details...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/29/ipsos-mori-poll-wrong_n_6066800.html
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

They can only see what is happening in their particular neighbourhood. They may not have a clue what is happening elsewhere - that's why stats can be useful.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/muslims-immigration-and-teenage-pregnancy-british-people-are-ignorant-about-almost-everything-9825116.html

The great irony about Ukip tapping into the feeling of mistrust we have come to feel is that they would make it worse by increasing Inequality. People in countries that are more unequal are less trusting in general, which maybe explains some of Ukips success at the moment. We have one of the biggest gaps between the rich and poor and more health and social problems than almost every other country in the EU, and yet we're supposed to see the EU only in a bad light. I think we would be better served by focussing more on the priorities of our own politicians at the moment.

One of the problems is that much information and stats produced by parties of all persuasions seem to be produced to actually cloud the issue. As the report indicates many people are swayed by what they see locally and many people are also well aware that an official figure of 13% born outside the UK excludes in total those who are here illegally. Official estimates of that number vary from an additional 1% to 2% of the population and other estimates range up to an additional 4%
    Reports from the EHRC that are statistical nonsense, such as the Social Housing and immigrants report of 2009, do not help as they are seen as, and truly are, propaganda. It is still widely reported as fact by many pressure groups yet it has no support from any serious statistician.
    Any lack of honesty on the part of UKIP is of course unacceptable.It is however small fry compared to the mountain of propaganda that has issued from Governments, most especially since 1997 that takes dishonesty to new heights.
    Most people exist in the real world if in the real world they are having problems then that is reflected in their stated concerns. If UKIP were touting rubbish it would be overlooked but it resonates with many people and that is reflected by how the other parties are now responding.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're extreme Tories on the whole. I think that says it all.