Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir Geoffrey Boycott told me I had a 'sol'd tech'nick, lad' at Edgbaston during the Ashes.
  • sharrensharren Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    realwales wrote: »
    Talking of politicians, I've seen Welsh First Minister in a supermarket, and scruffily dressed at a cricket match in recent years. He has a high profile in Wales but leads a remarkably normal life. That said, I disagree with him about pretty much everything.

his wife Julie used to be my social worker when I was a teenager some 34 years ago
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Nicest celeb I have met - Dermot O'Leary.

Least nice celeb I have met - Geri Halliwell
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jimmy Somerville was an absolute doll, so sweet, Helen Terry blew smoke in my face, Jeremy Healy was lovely also.
    Gillian Taylforth lovely,Faye from Steps miserable, Amita Dhiri very nice.
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to a friend on radio I finally got to meet Jay Z last week. The guy has an aura (if thats the right spelling!!) about him that you cant help but just be in awe of him.

Quite probably the biggest guy in the music industry right now and yet still took 5 minutes to speak to a mere mortel such as myself. He travelled with a big but not massive entourage. With other stars that I have met or worked with they have a couple of people talking for them, not Jay Z though, he literally engaged everyone in the studio, talked to everyone and then signed as much as possible and did photos. He was so down to earth and as a promoter I had a discussion with him about up coming concerts etc and he showed a real interest.

Awesome guy and made my day, the way he treats people cannot be equalled by any other celebrity of his status!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he's a celebrity these days but met Paul Nicholas once....what an a******e.A friend met Bruce Forsythe - she said he was charming.Also Les Dawson, just as droll off-screen as on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    I don't think he's a celebrity these days but met Paul Nicholas once....what an a******e.A friend met Bruce Forsythe - she said he was charming.Also Les Dawson, just as droll off-screen as on.

do you mean Les Dennis..:D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    do you mean Les Dennis..:D

:D:D:D

Les Dawson was much funnier than Les Dennis. He (Dawson) bought me a drink and told some jokes, very nice guy
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry,,i was assumimg.. She always in the paper, for summat or other..

its only true about 0.5 times out of 10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see so many people have met Brian May. I agree he's a very nice chap. I've met him a couple of times but he tends to be around a lot where I work. He's just very nice but sometimes he involves himself where he isn't needed. lol. Just trying to be nice though :)

H from Steps too used to be around where I work, and I LOVED him so much when I was younger, so when I finally met him I was so excited :lol: I was nearly even starstruck LOL. He was nice. :) He was also at one of our parties.

Another one who is around sometimes is Emma Thompson, I've not met her but she seems very nice :)

I served Caprice once. She was pleasant enough.

I can't remember who it was (that helps :P) But once a famous actress came in to where I work... she just strolled in, no special treatment, and seemed very genuine :) If I remember who the heck it was I'll come back and edit!

Me and my friends about a year ago met David Cross in a members-only theatre bar, for industry people... I didn't really know who he was (which apparently is a crime) but my friends were literally beside themselves. I think him and his friends were getting kicked out, we thought because they weren't members so we were like, BE OUR GUESTS! And they were like, can we?! But they got kicked out anyway :P I think they'd actually come in after last admission, or something... But they seemed nice lol

I see Nikki Evans on a regular basis at the same bar, she seems a little snobbish...

We saw Kevin Bishop in there last time we went but I'll say nothing because we didn't meet him. But I was thrilled to see someone I know this time!

I know most people on earth seem to find him irritating but Jonathan Wilkes is so so so lovely. I spent significant amounts of time with him in a non-work situation and he's just very sweet.

And just cos she's had a lot of mentions in this thread, Imet Kylie a good while ago. She was lovely and possibly the tiniest person I've ever laid eyes on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I've finally got something to add here! Though lamely it is an experience from my mother and brother, not my own :(.

Anyway, they saw Paul Martin (Flog It) at a table near them when they were having lunch at a pub in Southampton last weekend. In my Mum's words he was a bit of a 'luvvy' and was talking very loudly about how he wanted to send his kid to a school 5 miles away from where he lives so "no one knows who his dad is". Erm, ok, I'm not sure if anyone is that bothered actually!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xkatieloux wrote: »
    I've finally got something to add here! Though lamely it is an experience from my mother and brother, not my own :(.

Anyway, they saw Paul Martin (Flog It) at a table near them when they were having lunch at a pub in Southampton last weekend. In my Mum's words he was a bit of a 'luvvy' and was talking very loudly about how he wanted to send his kid to a school 5 miles away from where he lives so "no one knows who his dad is". Erm, ok, I'm not sure if anyone is that bothered actually!
    Aw, celebs, don't you just love them? His poor kid - his dad will probably keep asking him if his schoolfriends know who he is:D:D:D
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pie Chart wrote: »
    I know most people on earth seem to find him irritating but Jonathan Wilkes is so so so lovely. I spent significant amounts of time with him in a non-work situation and he's just very sweet.

I've met Jonny and he's a really nice man, not irritating in the slightest, AND he bought me a drink;)
  • TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Lisa I'Anson at an Anita Baker concert. We were backstage. She was rude, imperious and nasty. Mind you, so was Anita Baker.

I met Lewis Hamilton. He is just the nicest, warmest, sweetest, most charming man, and he's gorgeous. He is quite small, but he is so handsome, he spends so much time signing autographs and chatting with his fans, and has a killer laugh. Loveliest celeb ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Joe Absolon in our local asda store,new years eve 1999.He was still playing Mattie in Eastenders then.I asked for his autogragh for my kids,he was so nice even asking me for they're names!I said i loved him in the show and he replied with a shy thanks!My sisters were so jealous when i told them both!I probably should'ent have bothered him when he was just buying milk,but he was absolutely lovely,
    gorgeous too.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P.S. I've also met Jeremy kyle [my hero!]and David Dickonson with my daughter.We got both they're autographs and picture with David.They were both really nice too:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    cazmac wrote: »
    P.S. I've also met Jeremy kyle [my hero!]and David Dickonson with my daughter.We got both they're autographs and picture with David.They were both really nice too:)

Is he as orange as on the tv..Have to turn the colour down, when he comes on screen..
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazmac wrote: »

Hmmn, that's surprised me. I would have thought that Jeremy would have been the complete opposite to how he is on tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met Mr Motivator and he was really lovely but he's really the only one I've met properly. Very friendly guy indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he as orange as on the tv..Have to turn the colour down, when he comes on screen..

No he was'nt orange but smaller than u think.
    His "minder"was saying no more autographs,i said
    can u just do mine,and he gave me that look that
    he does,and asked for my name!
    Missed him again at book signing recently gutted!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From someone with connections I hear he's one of the nastiest people in Showbiz!

wow really ...I would have thought he was really nice!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago when I was a kid me and my mum her partner and his two kids were returning from holiday in Spain our flight was delayed and we soon found out Paul Daniels and Debbie Mcgee were on that same flight ,the flight was delayed for a long time but Paul and Debbie were more than happy to sign endless autographs and have photo's taken and answered the many questions they were asked they were both lovely :).:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JuneM wrote: »
    I can't really remember any bad celebs I've met. 99% of celebs I have met I've actively gone out of my way to go and see them and I haven't had a bad expierence with my fave celebs

Nice celebs who I've met include:

Kiether Sutherland
    Westlife
    David Beckham
    Lee Evans
    Ricky Ponting & Brett Lee - (that was only last week in Leeds during the Headingley Ashes test. I very nearly fell apart when I met Ricky I <3 him)Westlife
    Simon Cowell
    Girls Aloud
    John Terry
    Frank Lampard

Aside from Westlife who I've met 328479 times

I am very jealous I <3 him too recently developed a crush on him and now that crush is getting bigger all the time:o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nats_x wrote: »
    wow really ...I would have thought he was really nice!!!

It might be because of the character he plays perhaps?
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tewingirl wrote: »
    I met Lewis Hamilton. He is just the nicest, warmest, sweetest, most charming man, and he's gorgeous. He is quite small, but he is so handsome, he spends so much time signing autographs and chatting with his fans, and has a killer laugh. Loveliest celeb ever.

Agreed I met him once great guy I never get all this crap when people say hes arragant seemed nice to me.