Big budget stinkers

2»

Comments

• trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pacific rim ,,,,,,,,, is all style over substance

its so utter utter pants

why did they even have to build robots to kill the monsters when jets would have done the same thing?

the corny training fight scene where everybody is suddenly an expert stick fighter with corny quips/taunts to match ,,,,,,,,,,,, its so american syrup'y ,,,,,, you can taste the sugar

visually it looks great ,,,,,,,,,, but as a film its just diabolical
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we considering box office in this, as well as budget? Or are these films allowed to be successful? In any case, Pearl Harbour would be my choice.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Van Helsing and, more recently, The Lone Ranger were pretty much without any redeeming features IMO.

But even Salma Hayek couldnt save Wild Wild West
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Iron Man & Thor, all the recent Marvel films, especially Avengers, which stank so much it wouldn't go a miss in a freshly manured field. But of course that's a personal opinion, as it did quite well at the box office.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dances With Wolves is an excellent film by any standards. It is disliked by people who do not like to be reminded of the horrendous treatment of native Americans.

Air Force One is not actually bad, though it is definitely a low brow action film and not the sort of thing I like at all.

My wife doesn't like Titanic - I tell her that it is not about the ship disaster it is a love story, but she was impressed by A Night To Remember as a little girl and disapproves of it being used for entertainment.

I do not think that big budget films can ever be bad because they have good people working on them and writing the stuff, but certainly there are ones that are not for me. Cleopatra I thought very dull, and El Cid was a bum number (as in makes your bum numb).
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Almost every scene of Battlefield Earth is hilarious. Even the mere thought of it raises a chuckle.

This has got to be the winner by a long long way, as you said utterly hilarious trash. Barry Pepper had a promising career as a leading man until he made that movie, he's still a great supporting actor though imo.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love "Dances with Wolves". It was one of my favourite childhood movies :blush:
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if we're discussing big budget flops, or merely big budget films we 'hate', but assuming it's the latter, then for me it's Avatar. In terms of what I'd been led to expect from all the pre-release hype and media interest compared to what I actually got out of the film, it's the most disappointed I've ever been walking out of the cinema. Pearl Harbor I was so bored with I actually tried to sleep through, but I had low expectations going in.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    This thread must begin and end with Battlefield Earth

All the other movies listed here are at least debatable.

Battlefield Earth isn't. It's just awful.