Neighbours....Libby & Michael

buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Anyone want to put money on them marrying soon????

They always start couples out this way!!!

They meet, they fight, they fall in love dull dull dull

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i thought the same watching todays episode... :yawn::yawn:
    Libby is a much better character on her own than tied to some bloke - surely any sane girl would gives blokes a bit of a wide berth after her recent times...
  • ButterflygirlButterflygirl Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it's going to be inevitable though.:(

You know, the storyline you can see coming from miles away and just hope it can pass by quickly :D
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he coerced her into eating an overly spicy meal! Surely love cannot grow from such a fiendish act!

I wonder if Cassie the Teacher will appear at the wedding.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,764
    Forum Member
    What happened to that doctor she was going out with? He seems to have vanished.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    buffyslay wrote: »

Anyone want to put money on them marrying soon????

They always start couples out this way!!!

They meet, they fight, they fall in love dull dull dull

Don't forget, we've also got the inevitable 'St Libby -v- Natasha' plot to come if this carries on, until Natasha sees that Libby is right in everything she says or does, and completely accepts her as her nrew mother figure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »

buried under the hospital. Karl 'took care' of him to remind everyone he is the only doctor in neighbours :D

I think michael should save himself all the hassle and just file for divorce now, that's where all of libby's marriages end up anyway
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »

That's a blooming good point! I don't remember him being written out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    buried under the hospital. Karl 'took care' of him to remind everyone he is the only doctor in neighbours :D

I think michael should save himself all the hassle and just file for divorce now, that's where all of libby's marriages end up anyway

How can you say that? She's been married twice. One was a divorce and the other was her husband's death.

She's hardly the Ian Beale of Neighbours
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cactus1987 wrote: »
    How can you say that? She's been married twice. One was a divorce and the other was her husband's death.

She's hardly the Ian Beale of Neighbours

Fair point actually, i guess she can't be blamed for drew's death. I always forget she never actually married darren
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably in the minority but i'd love to see Michael and Libby get together, they have so much more chemistry than Libby and Doug ever did!
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I didn't like Doug (actually I don't like Libby much either!). He is so wooden and seems to have no reedeeming features whatsoever. He's like the Lurch of soaps - monotone, one- dimensional and bland. He's not appeared in ages and I can't say I missed him.

I do like Michael and it's a shame he's not been paired with Steph.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Doug (actually I don't like Libby much either!). He is so wooden and seems to have no reedeeming features whatsoever. He's like the Lurch of soaps - monotone, one- dimensional and bland. He's not appeared in ages and I can't say I missed him.

I do like Michael and it's a shame he's not been paired with Steph.

Michael is being unprofessional as usual - he finally got around to asking the staff what they think of the first-names policy and based the decision on the say-so of a student teacher and someone who's been there all of five minutes! There seemed to be other staff at the meal, but I don't remember them being consulted!

And if he is the Head, it's time he dressed the part!
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see them get together too.
  • HarikenHariken Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm seriously hoping that Michael turns out to be a closet gay, to be honest. From what I've seen at Aus pace, they COULD still get away with it... he just fits the role very well and his position in society would be an interesting angle for storylines on the types of prejudice he would receive.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree so dull. Liked her pairing with Doug.. Is he ever coming back?

I just don't like them pairing her with another teacher. Hate that dynamic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Doug will be back in episode 6002.

EDIT:
    Forgot where UK was up to. He will be back again for you guys, but then will disappear until episode 6002.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A strange episode - she's got more in common with him than with Doug the doctor or even Dan or Lucas.

Oh and how many high schools in Australia or anywhere else only have about 8 teachers????? Excuse me what is it a high school for 14-16 year olds? If there's only 40 teachers in a high school in the UK you'd be surprised?

The high school in Erinsborough has always been pretty unrealistic compared to the one in Home and Awaay going right back to the days of Kenneth Muir and Dorothy Burke. I don't even remember an episode where it was announced that Andrew (who prooposed to Rebecca) would be leaving.

Neighbours can be very strange sometimes I can't believe high schools in Melbourne only have 8 teachers!
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hariken wrote: »
    I'm seriously hoping that Michael turns out to be a closet gay, to be honest. From what I've seen at Aus pace, they COULD still get away with it... he just fits the role very well and his position in society would be an interesting angle for storylines on the types of prejudice he would receive.

Yes!

He has more chemistry with Lucas than he does with anyone.
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But his name doesn't begin with a 'D' so that is Michael ruled out. Libby always goes for men begining with D lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A strange episode - she's got more in common with him than with Doug the doctor or even Dan or Lucas.

Oh and how many high schools in Australia or anywhere else only have about 8 teachers????? Excuse me what is it a high school for 14-16 year olds? If there's only 40 teachers in a high school in the UK you'd be surprised?

Neighbours can be very strange sometimes I can't believe high schools in Melbourne only have 8 teachers!

The stupidest thing was that they could have got away with it being a 'head of department' meeting or something, but they had Lucas there.

I hope they don't pair her with Micheal, I like her single and I don't mind Doug. They seem to be doing the same thing with Doug that thsy did with Sonya, so by the time he re-appears half the audience will have forgotten who he is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I don't want Libby paired up with another teacher. It's just a repeat of her and Dan. I quite liked her and Doug and the whole idea that she was falling for the same type of man her mother had. I'd like top see Doug again. As well as his relationship with Libby, there was also the story that he and Karl were going to take on the hospital managers together which never happened.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    They should have just recast the actor who plays Michael as Dan in my opinion, he'd have been a good replacement I reckon. I'm surprised Libby hasn't got her hooks back into Lucas yet..... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have just recast the actor who plays Michael as Dan in my opinion, he'd have been a good replacement I reckon. I'm surprised Libby hasn't got her hooks back into Lucas yet..... :D

Just you wait... /cough/6000week/cough/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the more obvious pairing up is Lucas and Natasha. They keep on hinting at this, but it's definitely going to happen.

Probably.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael is being unprofessional as usual - he finally got around to asking the staff what they think of the first-names policy and based the decision on the say-so of a student teacher and someone who's been there all of five minutes! There seemed to be other staff at the meal, but I don't remember them being consulted!

You seem to forget that she was born to teach. It's all she's ever wanted to do.

Or was that dance?...

No, I'm sure it's teach... for this week at least.