ABC1 Close wed

13»

Comments

• Options
    AmateurFoolAmateurFool Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goomba wrote: »
    Who knows, the remote I guess. The other half was there when it was being done, not me.

I don't think you can access the engineering screens using the remote, it needs to be done using the buttons on the STB.
    I have never thought of complaining as I am having no different problems to many others on the forums and that I know.

The box was faulty from installation, with a broken front panel, and you didn't think of complaining? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    The box was faulty from installation, with a broken front panel, and you didn't think of complaining? :eek:

As I said I consider VM's TV service to be faulty in a more general way given that all of my complaints I have seen on the forums many times, some of them even listen by VM as known faults. Its possible that I just have a faulty box, but if so there must be a lot of faulty boxes out there.

To be honest I only noticed the buttons on the box being broken about a year and a half after install, as lets face it they just don't get used.
  • Options
    AmateurFoolAmateurFool Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said I consider VM's TV service to be faulty in a more general way given that all of my complaints I have seen on the forums many times, some of them even listen by VM as known faults. Its possible that I just have a faulty box, but if so there must be a lot of faulty boxes out there.

There probably are, all of the Pace boxes for starters, they were barely up to the job when digital launched, and are woefully inadequate 6+ years later.

The strange thing is, I have no issues with my TV service, it seems to do what I pay for.
    To be honest I only noticed the buttons on the box being broken about a year and a half after install, as lets face it they just don't get used.

Fair enough, however it would be a perfect reason for a box swap, unfortunately you will probably end up with another Pace :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    Sometime when I have nothing better to do I will jump through the customer service hoops to see if I can get a new box. I am not confident that it would solve any of my problems though.
  • Options
    cheekyanguscheekyangus Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen on MediaGuardian that 8 Simple Rules is going to be on Sunday mornings on FIVE along with some other Disney stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh excellent, I love Five and the other 2 Five channels...it gets better and better!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    gagde wrote: »
    ABC1 is to be closed on Virgin Media from Wednesday at midday and not the 1st of October.

Info from Freesat EPG.

info Tv Boy

Does anyone know when ABC1 started and how long it broadcast for before its demise last week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abc1 try this for answers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    georgy wrote: »
    oh excellent, I love Five and the other 2 Five channels...it gets better and better!

FiveUS is superb. Love the Nascar they show, esp as NASN is now subscription (wasn't it free back in the telewest days?)

And there's the Fall Guy too!! lol i do love this! :D
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esp as NASN is now subscription (wasn't it free back in the telewest days?)

When it first appeared on Telewest it had a 90-day freeview. After that it was £10/month. It did have the occasaional weekend freeview, but generally speaking after it's 90-day freeview at launch, it was always a premium channel on Telewest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    When it first appeared on Telewest it had a 90-day freeview. After that it was £10/month. It did have the occasaional weekend freeview, but generally speaking after it's 90-day freeview at launch, it was always a premium channel on Telewest.

that's probably what i did back then.. thx
    I believe it's 15 now with some other sports channels? Don't think i could get that extra cost by the missus :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, Walt Disney have already found a replacement for abc1 on Sky and cable, Playhouse Disney Plus - which launches at the end of the month.