Lee's 'justification' for his 'Sep 11th/ think of the Elephants' debarcle

2»

Comments

• snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Will this one do? It's my personal favourite.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

:)
    Do you think Mark Twain new Lee personally because that saying could have been written especially for him!:D
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I don't hate him, I just think he's a complete buffoon. I've never heard such a load of drivel coming out of someone's mouth. Surely he didn't expect Liz to take him seriously, was she just being polite?

How any woman could take him seriously in the relationship department is beyond me.

Anyways, nighty night AOTB, sleep well when you get there :)

Night night to you too. Work tomorrow, best get my 'beauty sleep' soon! :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet you understood the gravity and horror of the incident too. You may not have picked up the implications for world security ( hope you didn't at age 11) but I bet you understood that lots of people died and lots of families were devastated.

Bet you were smarter at 11 than he is now.:)
    AOTB wrote: »
    misslibertine was probably smarter at the age of 2 than Lee Ryan is now to be fair. ;-)
    Can I alter that AOTB?

misslibertine was probably smarter at the age of 2 than Lee Ryan will ever be.

:)
    Ha ha, I like your style and yes, yours is by far the more accurate sentence (maybe even lower misslibertine's age from 2 years to 6 months whilst you are at it);-)! Permission granted BS! :D

Well, don't I feel flattered! :blush:

Then again, it is Lee Ryan I'm up against... :D
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was spot on about the war comment. It did breed more war.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    Lee is a tool but there was nothing wrong with what he said when he was 17. Animal extinction should get more coverage and some of is believe animals to be worth as much as humans.

But he was saying it in the context of showing it instead of the 9/11 tragedy.

I believe that there are 365 days in the year for Lee to promote awareness of his elephant problem.
    Speaking of which, has Lee brought the plight of the elephants to the world's attention since then?
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really is as thick as shit. Hilarious watching him trying to educate Liz.

He has no idea just how hideous he sounds. I think his brain stopped developing from 13 year old onwards.
  • amiableamiable Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    His heart's in the right place. bless him.
    Forum Member
    amiable wrote: »

I'm assuming this was meant to be posted in a different thread?

Bless him? Really?

Also his heart (allegedly) being in the right place is no excuse for such crass ignorance re his 9/11 comments that he maintains even to this day.

If he had come out to Liz, held his hands up and apologised for being an utter imbecile at 17, then that would be one thing. To come out playing the poor victim at 30 and to think the bigger issue was the press stitching him up due to a minuscule change of wording is another thing entirely. Semantics have nothing to do with it.

The guy is a moron. Heart or no heart.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amiable wrote: »
    Yes. It's just his knob he has the problem with. :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Yes. It's just his knob he has the problem with. :D

And his brain-to-mouth connection. Something's definitely broken there.
  • amiableamiable Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    It's not Lee's fault he's stupid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homo Sapiens causing the 6th mass extinction of species is undoubtedly more significant than a terrorist attack which killed thousands.

Lee's statement was bad PR for his band, but he had science on his side. It was probably one of the last things he learned before he left school.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you actually serious? I know 10 year olds that would have had more common sense than he did when he said it.

The issue of animals is a totally separate one, and to make comments such as 'F New York', especially in the aftermath of the actual event is not just stupid but crass and ignorant, yes even as a 17 year old.

To stick to it now as a 30 year old is an utter embarrassment.

I agree.:blush:
    Had he said he regretted it badly and how awful it was what he had said, I might have felt a smidgen of sorry for him.
    Prat>:(
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Homo Sapiens causing the 6th mass extinction of species is undoubtedly more significant than a terrorist attack which killed thousands.

Any chance of expanding on this please or at least explaining what you mean by the 6th mass extinction being MORE significant that a terrorist atrocity that killed thousands of humans beings?
    As it stands it's just a couple of statements that don't (to me anyway) make sense.
    Conehead wrote: »
    Lee's statement was bad PR for his band, but he had science on his side. It was probably one of the last things he learned before he left school.

I am not trying to mock, but I kind of need to understand how you can claim that he had 'science on his side' when you talk about his crass and ignorant 9/11 statements?
    Forum Member
    I agree.:blush:
    Had he said he regretted it badly and how awful it was what he had said, I might have felt a smidgen of sorry for him.
    Prat>:(

Sorry missed this earlier, yeah I totally agree with you.

Let's forget the 17 year old bit- if he was genuinely apologetic and had the mental capacity to grasp why he offended people, and why he was in the wrong then fair enough.

It's the fact he's still at it at the age of 30 and his 'oh woe is me, those nasty press people twisted it' that is the most bizarre thing.

To be honest I'm kind of amazed not more has been made of him saying this.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what I'd like to know is - has he actually done anything to help the elephants / whales etc. ? or is it just more talk .

• quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Sorry missed this earlier, yeah I totally agree with you.

Let's forget the 17 year old bit- if he was genuinely apologetic and had the mental capacity to grasp why he offended people, and why he was in the wrong then fair enough.

It's the fact he's still at it at the age of 30 and his 'oh woe is me, those nasty press people twisted it' that is the most bizarre thing.

To be honest I'm kind of amazed not more has been made of him saying this.

^ ^ ^
    This.It was a disgusting,thoughtless and pathetic comment.No way around it.And I say that as an animal lover myself.The animals would've been the last thing on his mind if he'd have had friends or relatives killed in the incident,so show some thought and compassion.