Options

DWTS Season 20: confirmation, speculation and news

Comments

• Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I believe the official line was 'scheduling reasons'. Derek's website (so not biased at all) were huffing and puffing about Henry taking too much credit for his work with Nastia, and allegedly have secret intel that there were.... "other reasons"...nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. All very amusing and eye-rolly :D.

Still, replacing Henry does seem a bit odd, (is his diary so chocka? :confused:), so maybe Del-boy's nose really was out of joint. Or possibly Nastia didn't like him.

It makes me think Derek plans to do the show next week though. Surely Sasha's a bit diddy for Nastia? I rather hoped they might call on Artem ;-).

Ooh, the intrigue :D I did wonder if they had decided to swap them around a bit to stop all those people supposedly calling for Henry to get a glitterball as well if Derek and Nastia won :p I too have trouble believing Henry wouldn't have cleared a few things from his diary if necessary, but who knows :confused: I'm sure Derek will do everything he can to be fit for next week. If he didn't want Henry to do it, I can imagine he really wouldn't want Artem to do it if he was worried about comparisons etc. :D
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    Ooh, the intrigue :DI did wonder if they had decided to swap them around a bit to stop all those people supposedly calling for Henry to get a glitterball as well if Derek and Nastia won :p I too have trouble believing Henry wouldn't have cleared a few things from his diary if necessary, but who knows :confused: I'm sure Derek will do everything he can to be fit for next week. If he didn't want Henry to do it, I can imagine he really wouldn't want Artem to do it if he was worried about comparisons etc. :D

BIB ha ha! Wouldn't that have been funny?! I know Nastia's is made of stern stuff, but it must be a bit disruptive for her chopping and changing. At least she's someone accustomed to being coached, though.

I thought there was a touch of irony both in Derek busting his feet after dancing with Maria (broken-feet) Menounos and while doing an extra twiddle for the anniversary show rather than during his two proper jobs. It's the dance equivalent of a wafer thin mint :D.

Anyway, I hope all this just amounts to a bit of drama for the week and isn't anything genuinely worrying for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek's website

I meant his fan site, not Derek himself :)
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still, replacing Henry does seem a bit odd, (is his diary so chocka? :confused:), so maybe Del-boy's nose really was out of joint. Or possibly Nastia didn't like him.

I think more likely Henry (aka "Head Troupe Member" in all but name) is choreographing a lot of the numbers for the 10th Anniversary with all the pros focusing on their little segments with ex-partners plus working on their current ones to boot! I imagine it's being left to the troupe and external choreographers to pull the celebration dances together, hence Henry being based in the studio whilst Sasha goes off to train with Nastia. Given how fondly Derek speaks of Henry I doubt his nose would be out of joint- he wouldn't have asked him to help if he was so concerned about Henry getting a little bit of credit! It's still Derek's choreo, which is what, let's be honest, he's become known for! Having another teacher is thus by the by!
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Damahepa wrote: »
    But... But NASTIA AND RIKER ARE THE BEST! And I reckon Robert will finish 5th, but higher than any of the others would be an injustice.

I'd agree with the latter point right now (shh, Rumer is a goddess), but I think Robert has the capacity to wow in Ballroom, and Riker and Nastia both seem a bit eh on that front; my dream final 4 would be Rumer, Willow, Robert and Nastia, but if Robert doesn't improve as I think he can I'd say 5th is fair. :)
    And same for Noah- he's likeable but shouldn't be able to win a dancing contest just because of his heroic story...

Noah's inspirational, sure, but... the dancing isn't there. I can unfortunately see him knocking out both Robert and Riker just by sheer votes, but I'll be extremely disappointed. Amy Purdy's dances justified her place (in the final 4), Noah's don't (again, yet; you never know, breakthrough dances are a thing).
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think more likely Henry (aka "Head Troupe Member" in all but name) is choreographing a lot of the numbers for the 10th Anniversary with all the pros focusing on their little segments with ex-partners plus working on their current ones to boot! I imagine it's being left to the troupe and external choreographers to pull the celebration dances together, hence Henry being based in the studio whilst Sasha goes off to train with Nastia. Given how fondly Derek speaks of Henry I doubt his nose would be out of joint- he wouldn't have asked him to help if he was so concerned about Henry getting a little bit of credit! It's still Derek's choreo, which is what, let's be honest, he's become known for! Having another teacher is thus by the by!

Tbh Even as a Derek fan I thought his blog -http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-derek-hough-blog-week2/ (sorry can't hyperlink at the minute for some reason) - showed that Derek was a bit annoyed by how it was portrayed and if not Henry then why not Artem as the last male pro who left which is what they do on SCD even though I am glad that Sasha has been given the task as I like Sasha too and never understood why he hasn't been a pro again since Sookie (esp with Meryl who he would have been perfect height for although I understand that Maks is a bigger name pro but too tall for her) but thought he would be too small for Nastia. well at least Nastia will have nothing to worry about with the switch up she should be used to it by then anyway it will probably be Mark like most if not all of Derek's celebs
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwwwww...Artem made me shed a tear with his tribute to Patti:cry::cry::cry:...that pic he posted on Ig is so precious :(:cry:; sometimes the most rewarding partnerships are the most unexpected ones.

Loved him and Patti together and he has gained the admiration and love of many fans this season more than he ever did last year.

GOOD job Artem...Be proud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    well at least Nastia will have nothing to worry about with the switch up she should be used to it by then anyway it will probably be Mark like most if not all of Derek's celebs

No switch up this season. They cancelled it. I've no idea why, but did wonder if it was too complicated to fit around Derek and Nastia. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Awwwwww...Artem made me shed a tear with his tribute to Patti:cry::cry::cry:...that pic he posted on Ig is so precious :(:cry:; sometimes the most rewarding partnerships are the most unexpected ones.

Loved him and Patti together and he has gained the admiration and love of many fans this season more than he ever did last year.

GOOD job Artem...Be proud.

I really liked this partnership. They seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves and care about each other - and Patti entertained me more than Chris who has zero charisma and not enough dance talent to make up for it. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself much either, so I wish he'd gone and Patti had had another week.

To be honest, I would have enjoyed watching her above Noah, too. He's a splendid chap and all, and Sharna is doing a grand job, but it's run it's course for me.

I feel as if I ought to be into the Kym and Robert thing (and I do love Kym), but I find him uncomfortable to watch - even creepy at times :blush:

Not really onboard with any of the 'top four', so don't care which of them wins. All have pluses and minuses. Allison's full tilt choreo irritates me though (and Riker's penguin hands).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked this partnership. They seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves and care about each other - and Patti entertained me more than Chris who has zero charisma and not enough dance talent to make up for it. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself much either, so I wish he'd gone and Patti had had another week.

To be honest, I would have enjoyed watching her above Noah, too. He's a splendid chap and all, and Sharna is doing a grand job, but it's run it's course for me.

I feel as if I ought to be into the Kym and Robert thing (and I do love Kym), but I find him uncomfortable to watch - even creepy at times :blush:

Not really onboard with any of the 'top four', so don't care which of them wins. All have pluses and minuses. Allison's full tilt choreo irritates me though (and Riker's penguin hands).

Yeah , they were really lovely together. I swear his post made me slightly :cry::blush:...I know some of his fans were distressed at him being partnered with her but this partnership did WONDERS for him because it really made the US audience like/appreciate him unlike last year.

BIB THANK YOU..I thought I was the only one who found Robert a bit creepy at times....everybody seem so enamored with them but Im just like...what I'm missing here ? Not impressed. I love Kym though; she is a sweetheart...like the sweetest person and a VERY good teacher but nah I'm not on board with that " ship" (aka people romantically wanting them together...and Erin kisss...,kisss...kisss this week, cringe )
    I will say one thing though; I love his commitment to the show and the fact that he works really hard even though he is not the best.

Dont care for Nastia; great technical dancer but she leaves me cold, sorry :blush:. I sometimes even forget that she is in the competition :blush:; Rumer and Val....Meh...dont interest me..

As for Noah, I totally agree.

I'm more interested at the not so best technical dancers like Willow and Chris:blush: ( awww I like him :D:p ) ; He seems to be trying so hard ; bless him. I think that the show just picked a very bad edit of them last week; He seems to be working hard.

IF Willow cant win, then I would love to see Riker and Allison win; I am pleasantly surprised at how much I've enjoyed this couple; Never thought I would take to Riker but I'm really liking him on this show :)
    I agree Allison is too full out, I want her to calm down a bit :o; Yes Riker technical issues but hey how can he improve those issues when his pro isnt even a trained Ballroom or Latin dancer ? Not his fault; I wished he had another pro, but it is what it is....shrug....As a couple, I like them though...they are well paired together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I unfortunately saw it coming :(:(. Poorwillow and mark :(....oh well, that's the nature of the show.

Lol at Cris still being in the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, my "big four" theory has been blown out of the water. I rather like Willow, and whilst her premature departure doesn't fill me with the outrage of some (cough Pixie Lott cough) what winds me up is we'll have (hopefully) the three remaining good dancers and a really naff dancer in the final, like Candace getting a place in the S18 final rather than Charlie 😡😡

Of the three duffers, the only one I could stand making the final 4 is Robert, who I find endearing and it helps that I really like Kym. Chris and Noah should have been shown the heel of Willow's boot than make it to the final!

Having said that, watch Robert leave next and I'd have money on Noah making the final 4, because 1 arm/leg = votes. At least with Amy she was a competent dancer who didn't look out of place with even the likes of Meryl! 😡😡
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Well, my "big four" theory has been blown out of the water. I rather like Willow, and whilst her premature departure doesn't fill me with the outrage of some (cough Pixie Lott cough) what winds me up is we'll have (hopefully) the three remaining good dancers and a really naff dancer in the final, like Candace getting a place in the S18 final rather than Charlie 😡😡

Of the three duffers, the only one I could stand making the final 4 is Robert, who I find endearing and it helps that I really like Kym. Chris and Noah should have been shown the heel of Willow's boot than make it to the final!

Having said that, watch Robert leave next and I'd have money on Noah making the final 4, because 1 arm/leg = votes. At least with Amy she was a competent dancer who didn't look out of place with even the likes of Meryl! 😡😡
    Yeah it's a shame that Willow has gone over the likes of Chris, Noah is a nice guy, but enough is enough, he's not to the standard of the others.

I agree with your statement about Riker and Nastia, wasn't too keen on either on launch morning, but have warmed to both. (even if R5 aren't a touch on my faves ;))

I'd be happy with Robert in the final 4 with Riker, Nastia and Rumer, but I wouldn't be too shocked if we had another Amber Riley situation with 2 of the weaker dancers vs her and Corbin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was not the bottom two I expected. :o Really sad Willow's gone, she was one of my three favourites (the others being Rumer and Robert, so it's not exactly looking rosy in my camp :D).

I think at this point though, after Noah's Jazz, and given Riker and Nastia's admitted technical merit, the only person whose presence in the final would really cause me umbrage is Chris - out next, please. >:(

Addendum: watch Sharna's face when she says "Thank you..." after Len says "It's as good as any dance I've seen you perform." after their Jazz - pure sass. :D
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I unfortunately saw it coming :(:(. Poorwillow and mark :(....oh well, that's the nature of the show.

Lol at Cris still being in the competition.

Totally called it.

Willow being 14 or whatever it's just awkward. Bruno calling her "hot" and everyone getting offended when Bruno obviously did not mean anything by it. Just makes it uncomfortable.

Mark did well with the choreography but the viewers just could not get behind Willow.

I actually am supporting Nastia now. LOL never thought I would say that.

I am also certain Noah is in the finals :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also a disgrace Chris has got so far.

WTF!!!

People of America you're usually the sensible one's voting when it comes to DWTS!!! Urgh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :kitty:
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Totally called it.

Willow being 14 or whatever it's just awkward. Bruno calling her "hot" and everyone getting offended when Bruno obviously did not mean anything by it. Just makes it uncomfortable.

Mark did well with the choreography but the viewers just could not get behind Willow.

I actually am supporting Nastia now. LOL never thought I would say that.

I am also certain Noah is in the finals :(

Lol I find it hilarious that he's still in the competition. You just have to laugh at stuff like this. Tbh Chris deserves to stay because he has improved, he really has. Noah and Robert on the other hand need to go home. Actually it's rumoured that it will be a 3 people final this year, double elimination next week, single elimination week 9.

Poor willow, she was so devastated last night:cry:. And I watched one of their AH interviews today, she was still crying :cry::(. I haven't been this upset for a result since season 16 :cry::cry:....even sadie who was my favorite last season didn't upset me this much. ....sigh. .... I had to remind myself that this is only a tv show. Mark is a class act and a sweetheart. I'm sure he'll submit some of his pieces for an Emmy and I sure hope that he wins.
    And I don't like it when some people say that her reaction showed that she's so young. ...we have had past contestants crying after being eliminated. ..sometimes you can't just hold it in no matter how hard you try :(

Actually I'm rooting for Riker to win now. He was my 2nd favorite after willow and besides being talented he has a great sportsmanship; His reaction last night and he tweeted the most adorable thing to her last night. Top guy.

Can't get behind Rumer, like at all. I don't enjoy her dancing and I didn't appreciate her and Val demeanor last night. Nastia or Riker for the win !!!
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest Mark and Willow were the only ones i looked forward to seeing mainly due to Mark's choreography so disappointed and shocked that they are out so early what is with Mark and the unfair early exit / 7th place??

as for the others -
    Can't warm to Allison as a ballroom dancer and the fact that Riker has ballroom experience doesn't help, they are ok to watch but a bit too maniac for me

Noah hasn't improved and barely moves Sharna dancing around him. I understand he has limitations but I still want to see he move more and improve.

Chris has improved but falls into the ok category not must-watch or exciting

Nastia can dance but need to feel the dance more. Technically good emotionally poor and i think she would have been better suited to Artem or Henry tbh. She is too much of an obvious partner for Derek that it makes their partnership too predictable

Rumer obviously it is supposed to be Val's year we get it but honesty it hurting them as it is hard to support someone who is so obviously there to win she is good but I didn't like their jive at all though their duet dance was good and an actual ballroom dance on dwts did my eyes deceive me?

Robert and Kym well I am glad that Kym is back and i like Robert but their dancing isn't great and their argentine tango looked like they were dancing to another piece of music
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robert and Kym well I am glad that Kym is back and i like Robert but their dancing isn't great and their argentine tango looked like they were dancing to another piece of music

Might be because, in any sensible dimension, they should be. :D

(Same goes for Riker's Quickstep; a 9.5 for technique, a 10 for performance, a 5 for song choice).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti performing Lady Marmalade with Amber Riley and Li'l Kim on the anniversary show. Artem and Henry dancing back up. (What on earth has Li'l Kim done to her face??!!:o)
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti performing Lady Marmalade with Amber Riley and Li'l Kim on the anniversary show. Artem and Henry dancing back up. (What on earth has Li'l Kim done to her face??!!:o)

:o It's all gone a bit 'Bride of Wildenstein' hasn't it? It's a shame some plastic surgeons will just keep operating on people whether they need it or not :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest Mark and Willow were the only ones i looked forward to seeing mainly due to Mark's choreography so disappointed and shocked that they are out so early what is with Mark and the unfair early exit / 7th place??

as for the others -
    Can't warm to Allison as a ballroom dancer and the fact that Riker has ballroom experience doesn't help, they are ok to watch but a bit too maniac for me

Noah hasn't improved and barely moves Sharna dancing around him. I understand he has limitations but I still want to see he move more and improve.

Chris has improved but falls into the ok category not must-watch or exciting

Nastia can dance but need to feel the dance more. Technically good emotionally poor and i think she would have been better suited to Artem or Henry tbh. She is too much of an obvious partner for Derek that it makes their partnership too predictable

Rumer obviously it is supposed to be Val's year we get it but honesty it hurting them as it is hard to support someone who is so obviously there to win she is good but I didn't like their jive at all though their duet dance was good and an actual ballroom dance on dwts did my eyes deceive me?

BIB Same. EVERY SINGLE WEEK, I was looking forward to what they were going to do; they were just so interesting , lovely together...now I dont have anything to look forward to on the show :(:(. I didn't even care if they won, I will simply miss seeing them dance every week, that's what upset me about this elimination :cry:

And Yes Mark is always prone to shocking elimination : Sabrina, Christina and now Willow .

Now with Sabrina and Christina , I was NOT that shocked....with Willow ? I am a bit shocked.
    Over the years, I became less shocked with his exit with Sabrina; Disney girl....not well known at the time and some people found her a bit OTT;; even I did; too earnest.
    With Christina, I tried so hard to root for them that season but it was obvious to me that the public couldnt connect with them; I had a hard time as well; She was a bit bland personality wise; Their partnership was meh....

Now with Willow ? Yes, I am shocked...I think that unfortunately their salsa faded a bit in the background last week (it was a good solid performance but that's it ) and just like Sabrina, I think that some of her fans assumed that she would be safe. That's the problem with this new voting system.

Not watching the rest of the season; I wasnt even planning on watching it; I ONLY started watching it after his Argentine Tango with her in week 2, I had goosebumps and was once again blown away by his creativity and her commitment to the dance....that's what got me into watching this season.
    I couldn't care less about who wins now or the show :(.

And I agree with everything you said regarding the other couples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they cancelled the double elimination this week because Willow + Another strong contender (Riker / Rumer / Nastia??) could have also gone home.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they cancelled the double elimination this week because Willow + Another strong contender (Riker / Rumer / Nastia??) could have also gone home.....

Apparently has Tom said that he heard during last week's show that the double elimination was cancelled for this week. If that's true, then they wouldn't have had the vote numbers or even all the scores, which makes me think it wasn't anything quite so strategic. Of course the writing may have been on the wall from the previous week and they changed for the reasons you suggest, but in that case, why change the plan mid-show? ... :confused:

Tom's tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/Tom_Bergeron/status/592765591905263616
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't the double elimination next week instead? Maybe it was Nastia and she won immunity... Or maybe Rumer really was in the bottom two with Willow...