Options

2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I think of ex-politicians on Strictly, first thought is heh heh that could be entertaining. Second thought is rhumba face. So, as someone who saw George Galloway being The Cat live and still has to uncurl toes periodically - I'd vote no to that!! :D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Think we really could see Vince Cable.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like there could be quite a few ex politicians to choose from ! I foresee Farage going to Big Brother rather than Strictly!

At least politicians are likeable and bring a bit of class to Strictly.

Edwina having a flash-back to the John Major days?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/02/article-0-0E2F19C300000578-925_468x348.jpg
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    At least politicians are likeable and bring a bit of class to Strictly.

Edwina having a flash-back to the John Major days?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/02/article-0-0E2F19C300000578-925_468x348.jpg

Ewwwww, that should come with a warning, I was just having lunch 😉😉
  • Options
    Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    How about alex polezzi ? She has been doing stuff for bbc 2
  • Options
    richardwdsrichardwds Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Ed Balls!

Esther McVey.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Michelle keggan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I can't see Farage doing it. Not with his bad back and all the immigrants involved. He hasn't 'resigned' resigned anyway.

I'd only agree to Esther McVey if her pro deliberately dropped her on her head every week. She's utterly charmless and unsufferable.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esther McVey is so vain I can see her jumping at the chance.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone knows exactly when we can start to expect some concrete rumours in the press ? About potential celebrities taking part.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    Does anyone knows exactly when we can start to expect some concrete rumours in the press ? About potential celebrities taking part.....

I remember around August time last year some people rumoured on this forum later turned out to be correct once the line-up was revealed throughout September. Whether that was fortuitous or not, who knows?

I thought it was odd that they revealed the pro line-up at lot earlier than usual but now I can see that was because Giovanni was scheduled to do the VE Day thing and they didn't want people thinking 'Who's that?'
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    I remember around August time last year some people rumoured on this forum later turned out to be correct once the line-up was revealed throughout September. Whether that was fortuitous or not, who knows?

I thought it was odd that they revealed the pro line-up at lot earlier than usual but now I can see that was because Giovanni was scheduled to do the VE Day thing and they didn't want people thinking 'Who's that?'

Might have been that they had to send Pro's to the VE day thing, but a lot might not have been available, so they knew they would have to send some newer signings.

I would imagine that with some of the UK based ones on Tour, plus those that are overseas based for a lot of the year, they may have been struggling on numbers.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Farage doing it. Not with his bad back and all the immigrants involved. He hasn't 'resigned' resigned anyway.

I'd only agree to Esther McVey if her pro deliberately dropped her on her head every week. She's utterly charmless and unsufferable.

Hopefully the medics would declare her fit to dahnce no matter how many times she was dropped on her head. It would only be fair. Even if she snapped a limb or two there's nothing stopping her at least trying to do a decent Charleston.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks. Yeah I wonder why the pro line-up was revealed so early this year :confused:....not that I'm complaining.
    Hopefully they will start announcing potential celebrities fairly early this year as well
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farage is too high profile for Big Brother.

He will do Strictly if he wants,

If he did I can see him lasting easily till top 6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galloway / Cable / Farage all would be excellent signing. Only One though lol.

Or maybe Prescott.

I take politics outside of Strictly so they will be good fun to watch.

However, do agree about McVey. Urgh can you imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also rumours about Louis Walsh being sacked.

Walsh on Strictly for revenge?? :D
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Hopefully the medics would declare her fit to dahnce no matter how many times she was dropped on her head. It would only be fair. Even if she snapped a limb or two there's nothing stopping her at least trying to do a decent Charleston.

:D:D:D

*stands up and applauds*

It's the whole package I miss, you know - Strictly, It Takes Two, this forum, and the Monkseal Strictly blog.

Whoever they sign, I hope there are enough characters in the line-up to make the blog as much pleasure for you to write as it is for us to read. x
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Galloway / Cable / Farage all would be excellent signing. Only One though lol.

Or maybe Prescott.

I take politics outside of Strictly so they will be good fun to watch.

However, do agree about McVey. Urgh can you imagine.

I can generally put outside work to one side but I think that Galloway would join my 'Impossibles' of Widdicombe and Mark Wright. Not for his politics - but for the image of him being the cat in Lycra which is seered onto the brain.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I can generally put outside work to one side but I think that Galloway would join my 'Impossibles' of Widdicombe and Mark Wright. Not for his politics - but for the image of him being the cat in Lycra which is seered onto the brain.

But just think of the song choices! A cha cha cha to What's New Pussycat... a waltz to Memory (from Cats)... a Paso Doble to Look What the Cat Dragged In... a Tango to Black Cat... the possibilities are endless. :D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would rather stick pins in my eyes than endure the likes of Farage on Strictly.

But if he appeared, a couple of fitting song choices:

Black Or White - Michael Jackson

Get Back - The Beatles

My hopeful contestant: Tomasz Schafernacker. Make it so, Stritctly producers!
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farage is such a funny possibility to ponder. It would be an eccentric way to start reinventing himself - and didn't he recently recommend BBC cancel Strictly? Anyway, he's 5'8 - so he'd need a little one - and since he loves to "rank" immigrants as to quality, I wonder if he'd prefer Cuban-American Janette, Polish Ola or Russian Kristina? Maybe only Kazakhstani Aliona would make for the kind of memorable launch/partner assignment announcement that permanent Strictly memories are made of.

and I'm sure it's old news to everybody else, but I was shocked to read about his infamous philanderings - seven times :o

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-handed-3247456
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brown nosing.......bleurgh

And some of the suggestions.....double bleurgh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would rather stick pins in my eyes than endure the likes of Farage on Strictly.

But if he appeared, a couple of fitting song choices:

Black Or White - Michael Jackson

Get Back - The Beatles

My hopeful contestant: Tomasz Schafernacker. Make it so, Stritctly producers!

I'll second Tomasz Schafernacker. He's both feasible and likeable. He's got the Middle-Englander, Nice Young Man, Does the Weather in a Lumberjack Shirt on Countryfile vote sewn up AND the Not Averse to Appearing in Oiled-Up in Attitude Magazine and Could Out-Camp Bruno vote sewn up.

I also love the name 'Schafernacker'. In my family we do a sharp intake of breath and say 'Ouch!' every time they announce him on television.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I'll second Tomasz Schafernacker. He's both feasible and likeable. He's got the Middle-Englander, Nice Young Man, Does the Weather in a Lumberjack Shirt on Countryfile vote sewn up AND the Not Averse to Appearing in Oiled-Up in Attitude Magazine and Could Out-Camp Bruno vote sewn up.

Well I'm sold. :D