If Gav signs for Saracens

kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
what happens?

Apparently he's already done some training with them and if he signs he'll have to do more which will a) cut into the kat time and b) means he's far more liable to get damaged

Sarries are without a decent fly half and they need gav to start playing for them asap I would think

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who knows.....but i dont see Gavin as a quitter.
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows.....but i dont see Gavin as a quitter.

me either tbh. I would assume he's got finishing SCD before starting with sarries written into his contract. However, if he stays in and sarries get impatient, could be tricky

has anyone ever performed in a rugtby kit before?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    kittles wrote: »
    me either tbh. I would assume he's got finishing SCD before starting with sarries written into his contract. However, if he stays in and sarries get impatient, could be tricky

has anyone ever performed in a rugtby kit before?:D

Sparkly tight rugby shorts :eek: :p:o
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    what happens?

Apparently he's already done some training with them and if he signs he'll have to do more which will a) cut into the kat time and b) means he's far more liable to get damaged

Sarries are without a decent fly half and they need gav to start playing for them asap I would think

According to the BBC online story, Sarries have already been in contact with the Strictly people to see if he can play on Saturday?

Me thinks that Gavin may be in for a graceful exit,
  • Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be a struggle for him to start playing straight away as he's not played for ~18 months and won't be match fit. It would take a couple of months of training to get back into rugby shape, which he could combine with SCD as boredom and too much spare time are the curse of young, single sportsmen. Playing away from home - in the literal sense - would not work with a live Saturday show.

I guess if Sarries are serious and apply pressure he'll quit SCD as rugby is his best choice of a profession for the next 5 years or so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    According to the BBC online story, Sarries have already been in contact with the Strictly people to see if he can play on Saturday?

Me thinks that Gavin may be in for a graceful exit,

really???:eek:

I can't see that it would be possible for him to play on a saturday at all and it wouldn't be fair to allow him to miss weeks because he had a game. why do i feel this could get a bit messy
  • Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

I guess that's to sell tickets via the publicity. It's stretching credibility to think he could go straight back into serious first team action after such a long break.

A run out for the reserves on Saturday afternoon might be a good idea though as it would be much less intense than for the first team and would take his mind off getting nervous!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    It says here that they hope he would be playing by Christmas, which would make more sense.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    I guess that's to sell tickets via the publicity. It's stretching credibility to think he could go straight back into serious first team action after such a long break.

A run out for the reserves on Saturday afternoon might be a good idea though as it would be much less intense than for the first team and would take his mind off getting nervous!

Then he can take to the floor on Saturday evening complete with black eye, split lip and a cauliflower ear. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were the producers, wouldn't you just say to the Sarries bosses "give it another couple of weeks and we don't think there'll be an issue"? :D:D
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fancynancy wrote: »
    Then he can take to the floor on Saturday evening complete with black eye, split lip and a cauliflower ear. :D

He'll get those from Katya anyway if he doesn't buck up and be more romantic soon.

I think he's heading for a non-graceful exit anyway but I'll vote for him now. Love the idea of him taking Katya to training with him - much more kudos than all that Aliona in the Countryside yawnfest. She could probably play a few matches too, if they're still short.

No fake blood injuries needed if she's on the pitch.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it works out for him. He wanted to play for a London club to be near his children, so this could be a good move for personal reasons, as well as for professional reasons.

Can't see lack of training time being a problem from much longer tbh.

Wonder what it is going to take for Ospreys to agree to him leaving?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I hope it works out for him. He wanted to play for a London club to be near his children, so this could be a good move for personal reasons, as well as for professional reasons.

Which is a shame as Saracens play their home games in Watford these days :D
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH I hope they have called him and he's on the first train outta there because he makes my skin crawl to watch!!!

Can't stand the man at all.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well the Ospreys certainly don't want him to stay from what I've read in the rugby media but they do want a wedge of compensation cash i think
  • shrewshrew Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were the producers, wouldn't you just say to the Sarries bosses "give it another couple of weeks and we don't think there'll be an issue"? :D:D

that made I larf!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do wonder if he's going to make much of an effort now.

He is on record as saying he wants to play for a London based club (yes I know Saracens play in Watford but it's South East & Harlequins are the only premiership club who actually play in London). This is the only offer on the table & Sarries only became interested in him when their fly half got injured last week.
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, I think Watford IS almost London for 80% of UK residents.:)
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to admit I did think Watford was near enough to London to qualify, but I did wonder if someone would say something! :D
    well the Ospreys certainly don't want him to stay from what I've read in the rugby media but they do want a wedge of compensation cash i think

When Scott Johnson was interviewed about Gavin as SCD series was starting, he was adamant that Gavin should see out his contract (ends next May?), but I think that was because he quite rightly was miffed that Gavin hadn't been in touch. At that time the lawyers were involved, so no doubt a chunk of money is being discussed! If you read the BBC online report, it does sound like Saracens do really want him -

"The risk is low even though he hasn't played for 18 months," added Griffiths..."There are not many teams who would not want him. He's an amazing talent who can do a couple of things things ordinary players don't do...He is maybe a once-in-a-generation talent and if Saracens can provide a platform to re-launch his career and maximise his potential, we will be providing a service not only to ourselves but to Welsh rugby."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    shrew wrote: »
    that made I larf!

Me an'all :D
  • tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose, I think Sarries had been interested for a while, but the injury last week speeded things up?