Can we have a "I think Virgin are quite good" thread?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
Forum Member
It seems people only come on here to complain about VM. Fair enough I suppose, it's what these forums are for.

But wouldn't it be nice, and quite encouraging to potential VM customers, if we had a thread devoted to actually praising VM for stuff they do well?

Personally I've never had a problem with customer services, always English, always answered within 5 minutes (which as it's a free number I'm happy with) and never had a big problem with the kit.

Broadband on the 4Mb service is quick, with downloads of 380k/s not uncommon, even at peak times.

TV and phone work great (apart from when we went through the cable with a spade - oops) and has no issues with them.

When we did disect the cable, they came out the next morning and repaired it free of charge and it's worked geat since.

I'm moving into my own place soon (all the above has been at my parents') and I've signed up with VM. So far I've had polite customer service people, they've moved my installation date forwards twice already and it's all looking quite promising...

Surely I can't be the only one...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all! Ive had cable in its various guises in different areas over the years. Ive had a couple a faults, nothing major telco off for a day and the TV went off for 2, when the TV went off someone actually called me (It was a very local fault)

I now have telephone with TU, V+, 10Mb and TV with the Whats Sky One TV Pack! (sorry the XL pack, forgot we cant joke here ;) )

Love the V+!! Love it!
  • TrellyTrelly Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the only one, never had a problem, full speed BB, V+ works fine and everything, quite chuffed.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    We're happy with our Virgin Services, we have no current desire for HD as our TV does not support HDTV, however I can imagine many hundreds of thousands of people being put off by this lack of HD and interactive content... mainly from Sky.

Internet : 10/10 - wouldn't change and 20mbps soon.
    Phone : 10/10
    TV : 6/10
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy enough with VM too. Been with them since something like 1993ish. Have had little loss of connection but nothing to really moan over.

Hopefully not speaking too soon! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Internet is superb. Would never change from cable (not while I am still living in the uk, anyway).
    TV is good enough, big selection fo channels. No HD or Sky One is a downer for me, so I don't watch TV much personally, cos I am fussy.
    VoD movies are superb. I haven't been to Blockbuster in years.
    Phone - well it rings and sometimes i answer it, if I can be bothered :D
    Picture through the V+ HDMI connection is amazing.
  • Neil MNeil M Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I have said before I am very happy with my services that Virgin Media supply me (V+ XL TV, 2Mb BB and Free Phone calls), I get all that for £45 so I'm happy.
    I do not want to leave and go to Sky, as I have been there and done that and they were no better.

The V+ box is an excellent piece of kit, it does require some fix's, but I'm happy as a pig in doo doo watching all my recorded programs, that I otherwise would have missed.

I do have issues with the Customer Service department and faults, but they are no different to any other large utilities company.

Neil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with my VM service too, I signed up just over 3 weeks ago on a 29.95 deal that gave me, M broadband, M TV, and XL phone. Unfortunatley the VOD finished on Sunday so I rang CS, and after speaking with a pleasant lady, I am now on M Broadband, XL TV & Phone for 39.00, loving the VOD stuff, Shameless is the greatest!!!

Hargers
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    hargers wrote: »
    ...I am now on M Broadband, XL TV & Phone for 39.00, loving the VOD stuff,...

just for the record - you do realise you can get XL TV (incl TV Choice) + Med BB + Med phone for £30?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    JethroUK wrote: »
    just for the record - you do realise you can get XL TV (incl TV Choice) + Med BB + Med phone for £30?

I needed the phone on XL as I have a wife locked away in the house :D
  • apboyleapboyle Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with VM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I'm happy too.. I've always been happy with Blueyonder/Virgin since day one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will people stop this the function of these forum is to attack VM and Sky will be upset:D :D:D:D:D

Seriously I think its a usual case of people dont have anything to say when all is OK only when things go wrong for them
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    ... I think its a usual case of people dont have anything to say when all is OK only when things go wrong for them

If you trap your fingers in a lift door you're gonna shout about it - if you dont trap your fingers you prolly wont say anything at all

That's totally natural & just by identifying it, won't stop it happening
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had broadband over two years ago tv and phone 12 months last week v+ is super demoted the sky+ box to freesat well happy with virgin odd glitch with pin protect on movies and bbci but apparently there is a fix on the way so im happy enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    JethroUK wrote: »
    If you trap your fingers in a lift door you're gonna shout about it - if you dont trap your fingers you prolly wont say anything at all

That's totally natural & just by identifying it, won't stop it happening

My original post wasn't to try and stop it happening, not in the slightest, I just thought it'd be nice to have a bit of balance. :)

In the same light, I didn't trap my fingers in a lift today. Woo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been quite a few positive VM threads in the recent past but generally they tend to get drowned out by the constant sniping of a small but hardcore minority who are determined to make life miserable for everybody else around here (even though they claim to be Virgin Media customers.)
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also happy with Virgin, been with them for over 10 years (since Telewest). Happy with TV/Phone/Broadband, very few probs with either, & to quote another post, Customer Service (on the very few times I've had to call them) have been excellent. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Virgin are fantasitc! great TV amazing on demand, so what if theres no sky one... I can watch loads of tv on demand over and over again!
    I have had cable for about 14 years (going back to the NTL & Cable Wireless) and worth every penny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elojikal wrote: »
    There have been quite a few positive VM threads in the recent past but generally they tend to get drowned out by the constant sniping of a small but hardcore minority who are determined to make life miserable for everybody else around here (even though they claim to be Virgin Media customers.)

yep and we'll probably see them pop up soon, mind you, im suprised the "usual suspects" havent shown their face already,lol....back on topic, on the V.I.P package, happy with it, and wouldnt have anything else.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pay VM money, they supply me with services.

So far we've both kept our end of the bargain, which is not always the case these days :cool:
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Yeah. No problems here. Standard phone-call costs suck but there are (legal) ways around that :)
  • zigthedogzigthedog Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I've had problems with Virgin Media, the same as I did with those before, Jones, Bell, CWC, & NTL, but though at times they have all been hard to complain to but stand your ground and they come up with the goods.
    Virgin Media's Broadband Service is brilliant and I wouldn't dream of moving to another ISP. The V+ box is excellent and has performed far better than any previous cable box. The picture quality is exceptional as is the sound. So I don't get SKY ONE, that really doesn't bother me and in fact I am quite pleased Virgin has the bottle to take on Sky who have got far to big for their boots. Is the Virgin/Sky disagreement the reason Sky have scrapped there Sky + rental? I'm sure they haven't done it out of their love for their customer. Why scrap a £10 per month charge to 2,000,000 customers who are obviously quite happy to pay it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zigthedog wrote: »
    I've had problems with Virgin Media, the same as I did with those before, Jones, Bell, CWC, & NTL, but though at times they have all been hard to complain to but stand your ground and they come up with the goods.
    Virgin Media's Broadband Service is brilliant and I wouldn't dream of moving to another ISP. The V+ box is excellent and has performed far better than any previous cable box. The picture quality is exceptional as is the sound. So I don't get SKY ONE, that really doesn't bother me and in fact I am quite pleased Virgin has the bottle to take on Sky who have got far to big for their boots. Is the Virgin/Sky disagreement the reason Sky have scrapped there Sky + rental? I'm sure they haven't done it out of their love for their customer. Why scrap a £10 per month charge to 2,000,000 customers who are obviously quite happy to pay it?

good point there, never actually thought of it that way myself,lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    i would be praising virgin media as ive never had a problem with them up until i finnaly got the new epg!!! My pins been blocked ive phoned up a few times over the last month and its still not fixed i cant watch most of the on demand stuff before 9oclock!! up until then ive been upgraded twice on my tv package for nothing and didnt even mind loosing sky so if i finnally get my pin sorted i'll be back on here praising
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Another happy veteran customer here. Been with Virgin Media in its various guises since early 1990's and apart from the odd problem now and again I have never had any real issues with them. My usually rock steady BB speed is running erratically at the moment but I don't feel the need to come on here & carp on about it. If I see no improvement once we get the 20Mbit upgrade then maybe just maybe ... :p:D