The Vampire Diaries - Season 7 (US Pace)

124»

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    The only reason why I feel like it wouldn't work without Bonnie now is that I just can't see the dynamics working with only having one main female lead with Caroline. Maybe they will try and bring Lexi back (I can dream).
    Except she doesn't have to be the only one. Rayna could be brought in as a series regular, especially now that she's lost her mystical dagger. Likewise, the descendant of Enzo could also be brought in a bit more.

Knowing that Bonnie and Enzo get together (or are together?) if Bonnie leaves, it's possible Enzo (the actor) will be off the show too - I guess it depends on where the relationship of their characters go. There's also a chance (however remote) that Matt's girlfriend/wife could be brought back into this.

There's always a way...
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Caroline is going to marry Alaric? :o

Also poor Valerie when Alaric handed her the picture of Stefan and Caroline. :(

I'm hoping Stefan and Valerie stay together now and Stefan doesn't end up going back to Caroline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the latest episode so Valerie's broken up with Stefan now so I guess Stefan will get back with Caroline soon then.

I feel sorry for Valerie but if Stefan and Caroline are getting back together hopefully that's it and there's no more problems for Steroline in the future like Stelena and Klaroline as I'm bored of it now.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    I've just watched the latest episode so Valerie's broken up with Stefan now so I guess Stefan will get back with Caroline soon then.

I feel sorry for Valerie but if Stefan and Caroline are getting back together hopefully that's it and there's no more problems for Steroline in the future like Stelena and Klaroline as I'm bored of it now.

I hope not Caroline should stay with Alaric and the kids they've built a family and have been together for a while
    Forum Member
    I think if Caroline gets back with Stefan (I hope she doesn't), Alaric ain' going to be best pleased. Feel sorry for the guy; any girl he gets loved up with either dies or leaves him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Stefan I guess the only two that really love/loved him are Katherine and Valerie so I'm hoping Valerie and Stefan are reunited.

He could also do with his best friend Lexi right now. :(
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best part of the show was the vampire slaying montage, everything else was just relationship drama:( I thought the time jump would be better than this, but it's just more of the same... again.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I think if Caroline gets back with Stefan (I hope she doesn't), Alaric ain' going to be best pleased. Feel sorry for the guy; any girl he gets loved up with either dies or leaves him.

Well to be fair Stefan could not be a selfish idiot and let Caroline have her life with Alaric and the kids as I doubt he will want immortality again so they can get together at a later date
    Forum Member
    So, Bonnie is now the Huntress? I am wondering, because Bonnie's life is/was linked to Elena, now that she's been given a new life, would that not mean Elena should have awoken? Bonnie's life was up? I also believe this is Cat Graham's last season with the show? I guess they can't kill her off for obvious reasons (if her life is linked to Elena, and she's killed, then Elena wakes up - but Nina isn't returning to the show, so...).

I figure that Bonnie will be frozen (for lack of a better word) much alike Elena until such a time that her curse can be broken. That, or she'll actually take up her new role and go off Vampire Hunting.

I also know that they can't do it all of the time, but Freya is quite a powerful Witch. Why don't our Mystic Falls crew go and seek more help from the New Orleans crew?
    TWS wrote: »
    Well to be fair Stefan could not be a selfish idiot and let Caroline have her life with Alaric and the kids as I doubt he will want immortality again so they can get together at a later date
    Valid point, but I don't think he'll look at it like that...
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Bonnie is now the Huntress? I am wondering, because Bonnie's life is/was linked to Elena, now that she's been given a new life, would that not mean Elena should have awoken? Bonnie's life was up? I also believe this is Cat Graham's last season with the show? I guess they can't kill her off for obvious reasons (if her life is linked to Elena, and she's killed, then Elena wakes up - but Nina isn't returning to the show, so...).

I figure that Bonnie will be frozen (for lack of a better word) much alike Elena until such a time that her curse can be broken. That, or she'll actually take up her new role and go off Vampire Hunting.

I also know that they can't do it all of the time, but Freya is quite a powerful Witch. Why don't our Mystic Falls crew go and seek more help from the New Orleans crew? Valid point, but I don't think he'll look at it like that...
    Kat Graham's last season will be season 8. Perhaps this is her way of saying it is time to call it a day. I think they still hope Nina will return for the finale but that is a long way off.

I don't know how they will manage the season with Bonnie as the huntress. We still need to know what was in the vault. Plus I doubt she can be a witch as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, going by past efforts, they'll probably wrap this Bonnie thing up in the next two episodes, bringing to an end another rather sketchy season that's had more big bads than I've had hot dinners.

Hard to remember this all started out with Lily Salvatore and those useless heretics.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it kinda reminds me of season 5 (was it? that began with Silas and carried on to the travellers via Whitmore college.
    This began with Lilly and the heretics and some how moved to Elena-lookalike but with the Armory in there too and now some unknown entity....oh and Julian.
    I get the feeling the writing team can't write for a full season and would be better off with it a 12-15 episode season. Focus on one enemy and not go from mini season to mini season all wrapped in one main season. You could split it into 2 or 3 this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Yea it kinda reminds me of season 5 (was it? that began with Silas and carried on to the travellers via Whitmore college.
    This began with Lilly and the heretics and some how moved to Elena-lookalike but with the Armory in there too and now some unknown entity....oh and Julian.
    I get the feeling the writing team can't write for a full season and would be better off with it a 12-15 episode season. Focus on one enemy and not go from mini season to mini season all wrapped in one main season. You could split it into 2 or 3 this year.

Couldn't agree more. They could do worse than follow Teen Wolf's often used way of splitting a season into two halves- sometimes with two completely different arcs.

TVD has fallen foul of its own first season, where shocks and plots came thick and fast. The problem is that season still found itself bound by all those plots instead of jumping from one to the next to the next and casting things aside.

Where this armoury nonsense came from I'm still not sure, I feel like I fell asleep and missed something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season you could effectively split into 4 arcs.
    Heretic arc (before lily death)
    Julian in control arc (after lily death)
    Rayna cruz arc
    Post time jump/armoury arc

No idea where it came from. They just sorta appeared and we were supposed to know who they were. This group that's been around forever but nobody knows anything about. To this day I'm not sure we even know much about them....they do the same job as whitmore a season or two back. Shady business, capturing vampires and testing on them... You'd think some of their objects would be dark objects with mystical powers but I think they're just fancy ornaments lol
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the past few weeks I have seen this on a Thursday so have seen the finale. As some of you said it would be better to have a short final season. No way will they be able to keep this storyline going for the entire run.
    Enzo and Damon both have the Evil take them over and go on a killing spree while Stefan and Caroline try and find them.Matt finally decided to leave and go for a new life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And thus ends another messy season of TVD. I don't think it will ever find its feet again, or the great days of season 1/2, but, it looks like they've remembered that Damon was always more fun ripping it up as the bad guy.

I hope he spends the entire next season doing that and isn't cured in 45 minutes come episode 1. I also hope it's the final season, because this show I really loved has become a horrible shadow of its former self.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now that Alaric and Candice have broken up and with the kiss that happened between Stefan and Caroline it seems like Steroline is back so hopefully that's it from now on which means no more splits and no more love interests (Alaric and Valerie etc) that come between them and just let them both be happy for a change.

As for Damon and Enzo. :o

I wonder what has happened to Valerie though and will ever see her again?

Also I wonder if we'll ever see Sarah Nelson (Salvatore) again as well?
    Forum Member
    I may be missing something here, but what's the deal with Enzo exactly? The episode I saw had Damon hearing Elena shortly after he'd saved Bonnie by burning that casket. Enzo was with Bonnie, and not ripping up the town...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be missing something here, but what's the deal with Enzo exactly? The episode I saw had Damon hearing Elena shortly after he'd saved Bonnie by burning that casket. Enzo was with Bonnie, and not ripping up the town...

Damon got possessed by the big spooky in the cellar (which drew him in by pretending to be Elena) and then Enzo, for whatever dumb reason the writers chose, went to find him and got zapped too. Now they're both killing machines, also for whatever random idea the writers will get out of asap once the new season starts and they no longer need a cliffhanger.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why are enzo and Damon killing everyone but the evil in the vault killed everyone else it came in contact with? Why let them live?
    Really think if it's to continue they need to turn it to a 13episode season or something going forward. Don't think the writers can handle a full season. It's a bit all over the place going from Mrs salvatore and the heretics as th big bad to a ghost in a vault owned by a secret society is a huge leap for one season.
    At least matts gone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why are enzo and Damon killing everyone but the evil in the vault killed everyone else it came in contact with? Why let them live?
    Really think if it's to continue they need to turn it to a 13episode season or something going forward. Don't think the writers can handle a full season. It's a bit all over the place going from Mrs salvatore and the heretics as th big bad to a ghost in a vault owned by a secret society is a huge leap for one season.
    At least matts gone!

No idea, I guess it's another thing the writers trapped themselves into and have now decided to skirt.

Agree with the rest, though. Give it thirteen episodes and let them wrap it up. The show is on its last breath.
    Forum Member
    Damon got possessed by the big spooky in the cellar (which drew him in by pretending to be Elena) and then Enzo, for whatever dumb reason the writers chose, went to find him and got zapped too. Now they're both killing machines, also for whatever random idea the writers will get out of asap once the new season starts and they no longer need a cliffhanger.
    It would appear as though I missed some of the episode. I never saw Enzo or Damon on their killing spree
    At least matts gone!
    He has?
    Unless I'm mistaken, everyone else that went into the vault was mortal, and thus prone to dying. Damon and Enzo are immortal, so the effects of whatever is in the vault (no doubt some sort of ghost/consciousness) reacts differently on them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would appear as though I missed some of the episode. I never saw Enzo or Damon on their killing spree

It was right at the very end, with Stefan (I think) first narrating their body count and then a cutaway to Enzo and Damon in a warehouse filled with corpses they'd strung up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He has?.

I guess so. That's the impression I got after his chat with the dead girlfriend. He was off to do his own thing. Pretty sure we seen him packing his car up at the end too no?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess so. That's the impression I got after his chat with the dead girlfriend. He was off to do his own thing. Pretty sure we seen him packing his car up at the end too no?

I hope Matt doesn't return, tbh. I don't think they've known what to do with him since Elena became a vampire and he was last human standing. Gah, remember when the humans outnumbered the vamps and the threats felt real? Before everyone had to be supernatural in some way.

That's where the show turned off its own humanity switch.