Options

Penny Dreadful Season 3 - First episode premiered a week early!

yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The first episode of season 3 has premiered a week early ahead of the intended 1st May showing. I rather like this series.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/penny-dreadful-showtime-preview-season-3-premiere-1201743015/

Comments

• Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like a censored version though, best to wait for the 'proper' version.
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Looks like a censored version though, best to wait for the 'proper' version.

Censored? Sod that. I am sure I can wait until May 1st for the "proper" version. Would not want anything with Eva Green in it to be censored!
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did that last season too. It was leaked but all the nudity etc cut out. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I did watch!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

:o:o:o:o:Two newbies and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hot shit Draula and Dr.Jekyll
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Okay, I did watch!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

:o:o:o:o:Two newbies and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hot shit Draula and Dr.Jekyll

Every time a new face appeared I said to myself who is that because each face was interesting and unusual. Unlike other series I think more money has gone into it with locations. When I was watching the last scene I said to myself 'he is ..........' and I was proved right! When you consider all the formulaic procedural TV on at the moment, this show is a breath of fresh air.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Off to a really good start, this time. Loving the new additions, who while predictable are also loaded with possibilities.
  • Options
    manlovemanlove Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    A fantastic return. Brilliantly reveling in the macabre and bold enough to stay with Vanessa's depressive state long enough for it to feel uncomfortably intimate while going full scale global in it's scope - with epic results. Visually stunning as ever - like watching a high budget 60 minute film.

The new additions to the cast are excellent - not least the punch packed in that final scene - outstanding stuff.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice Clem Fandango is playing Dr Jekyll.
  • Options
    FraxisFraxis Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »

Toast will be furious...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember in season one, everyone was convinced Dracula would be revealed.:D Oh no he wasn't, but it will be interesting to see how they make him look.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Fraxis wrote: »
    Toast will be furious...

Isn't he Clem H Fandango when he's acting?
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the show back, love the characters and a strong first episode for Season 3.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Just watched on catch up. Fabulous and scary as per usual. I was wondering if Dracula is the chap from the Natural History Museum?

Funnily enough, I couldn't remember exactly what happened at the end of S2.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Oh I'd forgotten how much I missed this show. Every scene draws you in.

I loved that huge, first shot of New Mexico and then the epic ending with that reveal...ish.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So... are we going to use this as the US Pace thread then?
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weelll, the Showtime broadcast is only 24 hours ahead of Sky Atlantic's...

I dunno about anyone else, but I am obsessed by this series!:)
    We've got Renfield, a Dr Seward & Drac, I wonder if they're gonna bring David Warner back as Van Helsing? (I haven't seen S1, so I don't know if they killed him off.)
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankenstein referred to his "house of pain", does this mean we can expect Dr Moreau to join as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankenstein breaking the child's neck and just wandering off into the ice. Wonder if he is walking home? He and Vanessa gone on so well.
  • Options
    LeMarchandLeMarchand Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great that the show is back and seemingly has a bigger budget (not that it ever looked like it was cheap!). The only thing I found odd was that Vanessa looked healthier than normal when she was supposed to be a mental and physical wreck.

Wonder how long it will be before the gang gets back together (if they do)?
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Frankenstein referred to his "house of pain", does this mean we can expect Dr Moreau to join as well?

John Logan did say at Comic-Con a year or two back that he'd like to include that storyline (mentioned on the series' page at Wikipedia.)
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LeMarchand wrote: »
    It's great that the show is back and seemingly has a bigger budget (not that it ever looked like it was cheap!). The only thing I found odd was that Vanessa looked healthier than normal when she was supposed to be a mental and physical wreck.

Wonder how long it will be before the gang gets back together (if they do)?
    I'm already missing this. Didn't enjoy this episode as much as other series because of it I think, even though I knew what this series would be like.

I can definitely understand why they split them all up, so it just doesn't drag on in the same location, but I hope they're at least all not completely on their own for this series.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Caught up with this later than I would've liked but I really enjoyed this episode.

They didn't need to make a connection with Dr Seward and the Cut Wife but I'm intrigued that they did and yet again, both Patti LuPone and Eva Green play off each other so well.

Vanessa needs someone in her life pretty soon. I don't mean romantically, I mean friends. I liked that Lyle tried to help her but she also needs Victor, Malcolm and Ethan and possibly a female friend too.

Dr Sweet is clearly going to be revealed as Dracula in a later episode. I did like that Seward's secretary was revealed to be Renfield too.

Not sure I like Hecate still being around but I guess she has more business with Ethan. Also nice that Malcolm and Ethan will be catching up with each shortly.

Domesticating Lily is never going to happen but I loved the scenes with Victor and Dr Jekyll. I also got the impression they were former lovers as well.

Not much Caliban in this episode and I missed not seeing Dorian/Lily too, 8/10
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering what the natural history chap had to do with the story before the reveal. I did not make the connection. Everything is connected. Didn't they say there are 2 forces of evil after Vanessa? This show is so packed you can miss things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Caught up with this later than I would've liked but I really enjoyed this episode.

They didn't need to make a connection with Dr Seward and the Cut Wife but I'm intrigued that they did and yet again, both Patti LuPone and Eva Green play off each other so well.

Vanessa needs someone in her life pretty soon. I don't mean romantically, I mean friends. I liked that Lyle tried to help her but she also needs Victor, Malcolm and Ethan and possibly a female friend too.

Dr Sweet is clearly going to be revealed as Dracula in a later episode. I did like that Seward's secretary was revealed to be Renfield too.

Not sure I like Hecate still being around but I guess she has more business with Ethan. Also nice that Malcolm and Ethan will be catching up with each shortly.

Domesticating Lily is never going to happen but I loved the scenes with Victor and Dr Jekyll. I also got the impression they were former lovers as well.

Not much Caliban in this episode and I missed not seeing Dorian/Lily too, 8/10
    Sooner than you think
    ;-)

Its on Sunday night in the US and I watch today, being on VirginMedia we don't get Sky Atlantic.
  • Options
    marios mummarios mum Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Frankenstein breaking the child's neck and just wandering off into the ice. Wonder if he is walking home? He and Vanessa gone on so well.

That isn't Frankenstein - it's Frankenstein's monster - sorry I can't remember his name - is it John Clare - someone will put me right!