Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Karen not cancelling was simply a plot device for a silly storyline though rather than telling us anything about her character...same with the whole Zara/bag thing - was just nice at the end when the bloke turned out to be wanting it for his dying mum (btw do GPs tell cancer patients they are terminal ? wouldnt a hospital consultant do that?)

re:Paris, I was proposed to there, having dinner in an outdoor restaurant at Montmartre in the shadow of the Sacre Coeur <sighs> . Am v jealous.

Sounds fantastic. If I can get a signal I will pop on and let you know what I am eating aty the time. I have a feeling alot of cheese and alot of wine will be consumed.

I am there for 3 days and am planning to go to Sacre Coeur on the second day. Stopping in a hotel at Gare De L'Est. I love it round there.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    If Kevin was sacked for his race, his age, his sexuality he still has rights from day 1. It is a leap of faith, somewhat, to see the right to sue for unfair dismissal to be an employers charter to sack people unfairly. Personally I think 1 year is too long, I would prefer 1 day.

Is Kevin actually a proper employee there, didn't he and Freya join on the basis that they were competing for one permie position so surely they could dump him on that basis with no come back.

Heston is a bl00dy fool in my view, his treatment of Kevin this week was awful and verging on the unprofessional.

I like Heston and would rather like to see him get together with Mrs Tembe but I do hope that this works out right for Kevin.

Agree with all but the last bit of that post. For me, Heston had really gone too far in his stupid blind side and I would call grabbing someone by the throat and pushing them out of the door in a "throat push" outright thugery and its Heston who should be getting complained about not Kevin. He's lost total credibility for me and I have been picking up this side to him for some time now. He was about to get this nasty with Mrs Tembe once when she bowled this difficult patient over (the columnist critic of some sort) but that was a comedy episode but it did leave me wondering about Heston having this dodgy side to him on top of the other examples I've given about him.
    Then around the same time they went for the alter ego episodes about him in a fantasy way called "Bad Heston" and maybe that was there way of letting us know what he could be capable of or is and what was about to come?

He so will or should look back and realise once again what a total goon he has been. It all pieces together, Marina even as good as told him she's always been like that, thats why her son Ian, looked so fed up when they got together, because he knew what was going to happen and he probably anticipated the kind of reaction he got from Heston if he tried to tell him early on so he probably left it hoping for the best to happen but it didn't.

I'm quite angry that they've taken such a heavyweight character in Heston down this path so many times one way or the other, taking away his credibility, as the normal and nicer side of Heston was good to watch but I really can't see me liking him ever again from now on regardless of what he does.
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I am off to Paris in April. Cannot wait. Love France and love the French. I love the way French women speak English.

If she is so scatter brained she is hardly receptionist material !!!!!

Yep, I love France too, gorgeous country, been there 3 times all in all, been far too long since I last went.

As for Karen, oh she so is a scatty brain, she's proved it so many times over but its normally in episodes where she's at home rather than at work.
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good old Mrs Tembe. She bought matters to a head.
    Great episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Julia sucks. Absolutely sucks as a practice manager.
  • Options
    pattycakepattycake Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halban00 wrote: »
    Julia sucks. Absolutely sucks as a practice manager.

She does!!!

she did this with Kevin before, and again found he was telling the truth...I can't stand the character!!!
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    smude wrote: »
    Good old Mrs Tembe. She bought matters to a head.
    Great episode.

What a useless manager Julia is. I know it's been said before, but I'm saying it again. She has zero, zilch, nada, completely non-existent people management skills.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julia is so stupid:mad:
    so glad Hesten finally stood up to that bitch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pattycake wrote: »
    She does!!!

she did this with Kevin before, and again found he was telling the truth...I can't stand the character!!!

You would have thought she would have learned her lesson from the last time. When she constantly butted when Kevin was trying to talk (like she always does when she doesn't want to hear the other person's side of the story because her closed mind isn't prepared to think that there is another side to a story) I wanted to give her a good shake.

And to bring up Daniel's past too is a bit much. He's a completely changed character and doesn't deserve for the bad things he's done in the past to be constantly referred to by this awful woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    For me, Heston had really gone too far in his stupid blind side and I would call grabbing someone by the throat and pushing them out of the door in a "throat push" outright thugery and its Heston who should be getting complained about not Kevin.

If Kevin wasn't so concerned about Heston then he should put in his own complaint against him. He won't because he would rather the truth came out, even if his own career is on the line for it.

Kevin has gone from an irritating little twerp to being one of my favourite characters :D
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    If Kevin wasn't so concerned about Heston then he should put in his own complaint against him. He won't because he would rather the truth came out, even if his own career is on the line for it.

Kevin has gone from an irritating little twerp to being one of my favourite characters :D

I know he's really growing on me too:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    What with Julia's closed mind and annoying behaviour and Mrs Tembe's interference, wow... I wish Kevin would leave, Mrs Tembe stop interferring, Freya would grow up and someone would give Julia the facts of life or send her on a management course as she certainly needs it! It might be awful to say it but I had a shred of sympathy for Marina after being confronted by Mrs T, but not for blowing her lid and lashing out so strongly at Heston. He's a twit, the writing has ben on the wall for ages, he got angry with Marina's son when he told him the truth and as another poster said, she herself had said it had been going on for a very long time. Am also very cross that Julia brought up Daniel's past again, perhaps people should remind her of her mistakes and misjudgements... Ah well, big drama all round...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    barbs wrote: »
    They do seem a little inconsistent with Zara's character- one minute she is desperate to get back to work, and the next she is too busy cooing over the baby (understandably) to talk to Julia about the Mill and the Kevin problem.

I don't think that this is being inconsistant, it's just them trying to show that she's not a terrible person, or that she loves Joe any less just because she wants to go back to work early.
  • Options
    barbsbarbs Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    How cleverly they have done this so we are now rooting for the Kevin who was annoying us a few weeks ago.....

Julia has history with this kind of mistake (remember her believing Michelle over Ruth) and always sides with her favourites against the others, which does make her a dreadful people manager. It was a sign of the new mature Daniel that he didn't let her proceed with instant dismissal and insisted on the proper process (but if Kevin is suspended whilst they enquire, so should Heston and Marina too...?) I feel that Julia is still in awe of Heston because he was a surgeon and therefore wouldn't confront him.

It has been well done so that we don't see Marina as a one-dimensional abuser but as a person we can still feel some sympathy for who needs help.

Great episode....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Amidst my venting, I forgot to add that the acting was excellent! Oh and I still don't like Kevin!
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Poor Kevin, he can't do right for doing wrong.
    Of course Julia is ALWAYS right :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Did Julia apologise to Kevin after she thought he killed Lauren?
  • Options
    annijesannijes Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Nome wrote: »
    Amidst my venting, I forgot to add that the acting was excellent! Oh and I still don't like Kevin!

Thank you for that!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one who still couldn't stand him. Heston has always had a cowardly streak and I presume the only reason he gripped Kevin by the throat is to illustrate the fact that violence begets violence - just wish he'd held on a bit longer:D:D
    Daniel's character softened and changed over several years and it would take a long time for Kevin's abrasive immature personality to develop, instead we've had odd (unconvincing to me) flashes of a nicer person juxtaposed with the sexist, sex mad boorish yob. I am fully aware that it is just a soap but until the arrival of Kevin and Freya, the trainee registrar doctors have always been credible - you only have to glance at the BBC3 doc on junior docs to recognise that. It isn't just the role of Kevin that annoys me, I'm sorry to say, so much as the actor's protrayal of him - I know fans argue that he's been to RADA etc - well it must have been closed is all I can say:D:D To me he is one dimensional - always angryish and shouting his lines. I don't like the role of Freya either but think the actress plays her well.
    Julia has always been totally inconsistent as practice manager and Kevin should have reported the assault to Rob aka the only policeman in the village. IMHO Kevin shouldnt have directly confronted Heston but discussed it with Daniel first and asked him to handle it before wading in himself - not saying Heston was right to do what he did, totally wrong but the fact that it was a junior colleague confronting him was an additional red rag to our raging(but only with men) bull
  • Options
    barbsbarbs Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I also loved the music playing in Heston's car as he drove to the Lake. Does anyone know what it was? really worked for me as he struggled with it all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this after a completely horrible day & thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I also declare myself Team Kevin :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nome wrote: »

You're not on your own :D
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to suspect that Julia is turning into a man hater, unless the men are wet testosterone starved pillocks like heston and Jimmi who just roll over to keep the peace
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode today i thought. Doctors at its best. all the strands coming together nicely in an edge of the seat way - as good a rival to the "who kills Frank" Corrie storyline as there could be.
    When Heston finally shouted back at Marina i was fully expecting her to be thrown out of the house rather than see a bloody Heston stumbling out. why didn't he throw her out then? I also thought before that that someone from surgery would turn up and see her attacking him through the back windows...... what do i know?
    I also don't get what is happening about keeping one or both of Freya and Kevin on as staff?
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Instant dismissal for expressing concern for the safety of a colleague...Julia was well out of order, hope Kevin sues the practice.

What a great episode though, Mrs T. was magnificent.:D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Fridays Doctors

I find Ian quite sexy:o

Lol at Zara she wouldn't give Julia time to get a word in.
    I really don't think she will be going back to work anytime soon.I think she will decide to spend more time with Baby Joe

I loved Heston & Ians scene in the Cafe and felt sorry for Marina in the last scene because i think she wants to change and she clearly loves Heston.

Today's episode sounds brilliant so i will look forward to watching that later:)
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene in the kitchen was very tense - the way Marina started off quiet, but we knew she was going to lose it big-time, the way we got a glimpse of all those big knives on the wall...:eek: I just sat there in a state of shock after it was over. Surely Heston will finish with her now!
This discussion has been closed.