Clara is a......

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else noticed that you can spell 'Rassilon' with Clara Oswin Oswald? It's definite proof that she is Rasilon!! :D:p
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I still think there is some big connection with River ... little phrases Clara uses, the way she talks to the Doctor; now she is learning to fly the Tardis; scattered around in time; knows his name. The library had a big part to play in Journey. Don't know, just a lot of overlap there.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Clara is human, just an ordinary girl, wwell this one anyway. I think Oswin, Victorian Clara and any other Claras we may meet are clones/duplicates made and sent into time by someone - or Clara herself - to help him.
  • FizzfaceFizzface Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I initially wondered if she was/is CAL. That was because:

1. Similar name!

2. CAL only had a "dad" that we saw in her home - no mum. Clara's mum died leaving just her and her dad (though I think the ages were wrong for Clara to be Cal).

3. River's spoilers book was left behind in the library so CAL would be able to read about the Doctor's travels and add herself in (hence she appears/dies a number of times).

To be honest, I don't think this is the case now - but I did think it was a potential originally!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I really believe that Clara is the Doctors mother. In the 1996 movie he states his mother is human and I feel the story of the doctors name and why he ran from home will all come together in the final episode of this series and the special, Why the doctor doesn't know her will be revealed, but could be something to do with her telling him to remember. Could be something so traumatic he was forced to forgot the events and his family. Thoughts?
  • swadeyswadey Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Given what's out there as spoilers, and how her character is transpiring, it looks very likely true that
    she saves the Doctor by splintering into his timelines and saving him and his past lives many, many times
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Samster wrote: »
    I still think there is some big connection with River ... little phrases Clara uses, the way she talks to the Doctor; now she is learning to fly the Tardis; scattered around in time; knows his name. The library had a big part to play in Journey. Don't know, just a lot of overlap there.

But she doesn't know his name anymore because of the big friendly button :cool:
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Maybe Clara will be able to remember he's The Doctor by looking at his eyes :D
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member

Aye but Amy remembered him into existence and she had "forgotten" everything and Clara said she didn't want to forget everything.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    woody121 wrote: »
    I really believe that Clara is the Doctors mother. In the 1996 movie he states his mother is human and I feel the story of the doctors name and why he ran from home will all come together in the final episode of this series and the special, Why the doctor doesn't know her will be revealed, but could be something to do with her telling him to remember. Could be something so traumatic he was forced to forgot the events and his family. Thoughts?

Nope, sorry, she's not.

All the evidence we've had with Clara suggests she's human, not related to the Doctor etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Nope, sorry, she's not.

All the evidence we've had with Clara suggests she's human, not related to the Doctor etc.
    Within her opening story "Asylum of the Daleks", Clara was more than a mere human, and had incorporated knowledge which, after she was assimilated by the Daleks, led to the Asylum Planet being defenseless and destroyed by the Daleks. Plus, the knowledge allowed Clara to rewrite any reference to The Daleks within their culture.

It is conceivable that, after the premier episode, Clara after being absorbed by the Great Intelligence, returned with additional knowledge which provided her with additional expertise.... used within "Asylum of the Daleks".

Of course, the post 2005 series is entirely non canon to the 1963-89 series, and one may assume that Sylvester McCoy will return as The Doctor in a future edition of Dr Who.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does anyone else wonder when in the Doctors timeline large buttons went from being "Great big threatening buttons that should never ever under any circumstances be pressed" to being "Big Friendly Buttons"??? Anyone?
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, sorry, she's not.

But the Doctor is half human on his mothers side.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    DariaM wrote: »
    Within her opening story "Asylum of the Daleks", Clara was more than a mere human, and had incorporated knowledge which, after she was assimilated by the Daleks, led to the Asylum Planet being defenseless and destroyed by the Daleks. Plus, the knowledge allowed Clara to rewrite any reference to The Daleks within their culture.

It is conceivable that, after the premier episode, Clara after being absorbed by the Great Intelligence, returned with additional knowledge which provided her with additional expertise.... used within "Asylum of the Daleks".

Of course, the post 2005 series is entirely non canon to the 1963-89 series, and one may assume that Sylvester McCoy will return as The Doctor in a future edition of Dr Who.

That wasn't Clara. That was Oswin.

We've had three distinct names:

Oswin Oswald (future)
    Clara Oswin Oswald (past)
    Clara Oswald (present).

So, as we've seen, Clara is - according to all the available information - a normal girl. Both of the Claras.
  • GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Whoever or whatever Clara is, it appears that she and the Doctor have...
    ... met before!

Quote: Regarding the plot of "The Name of the Doctor", Smith teases: "With the 50th, this is going to be by far the biggest year in the history of the show. And the finale is just the start. It focuses on a pivotal moment in the Doctor’s life and the life of his companion. It’s a complete game changer and it all starts now."

Whilst Coleman states, "There are little bits and pieces, which Steven planted a couple of years ago. It’s just really clever and a crucial moment in the Doctor’s life that you get to explore. All I can say is that Clara hasn't just met the Doctor three times before..."

SOURCE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, sorry, she's not.

Oh but you do know he is half human on his mothers side right? :D
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    But the Doctor is half human on his mothers side.

Whoops beat me to it.