Options

So happy with my Humax Foxsat + HD box

jonbeyjonbey Posts: 151
Forum Member
Just thought that I'd say, so happy!

Life is easier now, never had an HD recorder before. Ditched the VCR years ago, so it was either watch it or miss it.

Mostly it gets used for childrens shows (happy son, less money spent on DVDs, in fact, not bought any DVDs since the freesat+), sometimes pausing/rewinding live tele. Love it.

Comments

• Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great ennit..........
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Had all sorts of recording technology in the past still have most of it but the Humax HDR is just so easy to use, does what I expect of it and 99% of the time it delivers. Also with the next update due soon, the recovery after a power cut and recording the buffer, will put the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does what I expect of it and 99% of the time it delivers

I am not sure about 99% with more than one, typically 3+ failed recordings a week with the classic "Reason Unknown" out of maybe 25 recordings (88% Relaible).

With luck the new firmware will make it 100% or of course could make it worse.

Fixing the HDMI widescreen signal with Panasonic TV's would also be nice just like it use to before the lastest firmware...

Automan.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you treat recording failures like Lloyds treat shipping accident figures (They start after the Titanic sank :D), my Foxsat has been 100% reliable since ITV stopped messing about with the event id's at the time of the World Cup. I have seen recording failures reported, those that were reported and I had scheduled worked fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    I am not sure about 99% with more than one, typically 3+ failed recordings a week with the classic "Reason Unknown" out of maybe 25 recordings (88% Relaible).

With luck the new firmware will make it 100% or of course could make it worse.

Fixing the HDMI widescreen signal with Panasonic TV's would also be nice just like it use to before the lastest firmware...

Automan.

Are you sure its not a signal or power problem, except for disk full and recording conflicts I don't get missed recordings. HDR should not be missing recordings if signal is good - if it is take it back.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a missed recording in the year I've had the Foxsat.It realy is a nice piece of kit.:) And as said previously the recording of the buffer will be the icing on the cake for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recording failures are mainly an issue on ITV1 Meridian and BBC News.

Granted it could be part broadcaster issue but the box should deal with the issue beeter and record the timeslot even if it does not see the correct start and stop signal in the EPG strean / data.

Automan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    Recording failures are mainly an issue on ITV1 Meridian and BBC News.

Granted it could be part broadcaster issue but the box should deal with the issue beeter and record the timeslot even if it does not see the correct start and stop signal in the EPG strean / data.

Automan.

I agree. I want to be able to connect the HDR to my coffee maker and frying pan so that I can schedule my breakfast from the EPG. The bit I was struggling with was how the HDR was going to know that the coffee maker and frying pan were loaded up and ready to go. However, I guess your suggestion will work, just turn on the power regardless...

Now to go and build that Scart Interface...