Foxsat HDR wiring problem

My TV set up was pulled away from the wall to clean a couple of weeks back and one of the cables into the back of my Freesat Humax box appears to have stretched and is no longer working. Whilst one of the tuners is fine, the other is not working - Swapping the two input cables proves this.

It appears to be simply the wiring where it meets the actual connector. Whilst it looks fine to my simple eyes, it still isn't working.

I am completely inexperienced in such cables, but I'm not a complete numpty - What should I do to get the signal through ?? It looks as if there is a main copper core wire that passes straight through the centre of the connector and into the satellite decoder, and fine copper wire strands wrapped around the outside of a plastic sheath.

What is likely to be wrong ??

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just need to refit the f connector (or replace if the original is broken, the nut can come off)

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm

You don't need the grease
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Special 25 wrote: »
    My TV set up was pulled away from the wall to clean a couple of weeks back and one of the cables into the back of my Freesat Humax box appears to have stretched and is no longer working. Whilst one of the tuners is fine, the other is not working - Swapping the two input cables proves this.

It appears to be simply the wiring where it meets the actual connector. Whilst it looks fine to my simple eyes, it still isn't working.

I am completely inexperienced in such cables, but I'm not a complete numpty - What should I do to get the signal through ?? It looks as if there is a main copper core wire that passes straight through the centre of the connector and into the satellite decoder, and fine copper wire strands wrapped around the outside of a plastic sheath.

What is likely to be wrong ??

Please do not double post in more than one forum - your quey has been answered in the Technical forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Problem solved. Many thanks for that link. I found from that website that I had just a small amount of that copper shielding touching the main wire. Removing that seems to have restored my signal.

Thanks, and apologies for the double post