Amazon going down the pan

Comments

• Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I've always had very good service from Amazon.
    I ordered a DVD set on Friday, with super saver delivery, was told it would be despatched on Monday and to expect it a couple of days later. I was really surprised when it arrived on Monday via Royal Mail.
    I've never had anything arrive late, in fact things usually arrive quite early.
    So I'm a very happy customer.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Only use amazon on rare occasions, had one problem with stuff not turning up, ordered a book from them(not marketplace sellers before anyone suggests that) took about 3-4 weeks to arrive despite being in stock and despite the warehouse and the post office sorting office both being within a couple of miles from were I live. But having worked their I found out items go on a magical mystery tour before being delivered.

Never had any issues with play and if ordering computer games I would recommend shopto.net
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it slipping too, item meant to be sent out which never arrived and recently ordered a game for pre order and picked the expedited shipping option and still it arrived later than it should have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I placed two separate orders on Monday on free SuperSaver Delivery. One arrived Weds and the other Thursday. I can't really complain about that. It really isn't worth paying for first class delivery.

So why's my phone taking 5 days to dispatch then:confused:
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with Amazon, if I order on the monday, its here by the thursday.
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    TheDJ <3 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed Amazon.co.uk service slipping lately?

Been a customer for years and usually order most things from them but lately i've found it's service to be a bit poor.

For example, ordered a chart pc game, and a Disney DVD on Friday from them. Today neither have yet been dispatched, with a dispatch estimate of Thursday!!:mad:

I have cancelled and on my way to HMV.com ......

Any other similar experiences?

I spend gazzilions with Amazon, and have been doing so for years and they've always took time over delivery if you choose "Free super saver"

I buy from them all but for me Amazon are still top dogs by miles - just spent £200+ last few weeks
    Forum Member
    I've always had very good service from Amazon.
    I ordered a DVD set on Friday, with super saver delivery, was told it would be despatched on Monday and to expect it a couple of days later. I was really surprised when it arrived on Monday via Royal Mail.
    I've never had anything arrive late, in fact things usually arrive quite early.
    So I'm a very happy customer.

Me too - I ordered COD Black Ops for my boy for Xmas - chose "free super saver" (normal takes a week or so) and it arrived next day

I'm luvvin Amazon
    Forum Member
    So why's my phone taking 5 days to dispatch then:confused:

free super saver takes anything from 5-10 days (depends whether it's listed as in stock)

you have to pay extra for next day - if you think it's worth it
  • clycly Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    Fine here, no problems. In fact most things turn up before they are due. Are you sure the items were from Amazon rather than a market seller?

I've stopped asking for next day because most things arrive next day or the day after anyway. There's no point paying extra unless you're really desperate in my experience. Order on Sunday it'll arrive Wednesday anyway.

Mind you I do have stuff delivered to the office rather than home and although we're in a village we're only ten minutes from Bicester and five from the M40.

I'm stunned at the superb service of Amazon and i also have my orders turning up way ahead of their original due date.

When ordering you get an instant email detailing expected despatch and delivery date. However, many, many times the next day you get an email saying the items have been despatched. I've lost count the number of times items arive within a couple of days and three at the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    free super saver takes anything from 5-10 days (depends whether it's listed as in stock)

you have to pay extra for next day - if you think it's worth it

That's not the problem. The problem is I ordered it on the 17th, It's in stock but they aren't posting it till the 22nd. Whatever delivery method they should still send it sooner than 5 days!
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with Amazon, if I order on the monday, its here by the thursday.

Same here, 2 days or 3 maximum. That's with the 3-5 days delivery opition. I'm very pleased with Amazon.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not the problem. The problem is I ordered it on the 17th, It's in stock but they aren't posting it till the 22nd. Whatever delivery method they should still send it sooner than 5 days!

They often say that but dispatch quicker. I ordered a CD at 10pm last night and they estimated dispatch on Tuesday 23rd. Hey, was dispatched at 7am today!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They could they be out of stock and having to order it in, i've had something like that once or twice with them.

Normally though the service is excellent, but I do have a prime account. Perhaps it's a Christmas slow down, with a higher number of orders than usual.
  • ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have personally never had a problem with Amazon and continue to use them. The only problem I have ever had was when an item was not delivered to me. It was during the postal strikes so I suspected that was the problem and Amazon could not be held to blame. I rang them to check and they appologised straight away and sent me another product to replace it no questions asked and I was very impressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    One item was from indigostarfish and other from amazon directly, but both still hadn't been dispatched after 5 days. :yawn:
  • angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon has been going downhill for years they have been selling controversial products to try and boost their online sales but their latest book is just sick. I could not believe it when I saw it on the BBC Text service.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/ArtsLife/1212765.html
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm an amazon prime member. Things always arrive next day.

Only ever a problem if CityLink don't get their butts in gear, the Amazon end is always fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    TheDJ <3 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed Amazon.co.uk service slipping lately?

Been a customer for years and usually order most things from them but lately i've found it's service to be a bit poor.

For example, ordered a chart pc game, and a Disney DVD on Friday from them. Today neither have yet been dispatched, with a dispatch estimate of Thursday!!:mad:

I have cancelled and on my way to HMV.com ......

Any other similar experiences?

No...Amazon have always been brilliant, used them for years, but then I always choose super saver postage knowing that I won't get priority when it comes to delivery.

I have, however, had all shades of problems getting hold of HMV.com customer service over a missing Blu-ray box-set...they have removed the option to email regarding orders, instead giving you an 0845 number to call...which they keep you on for hours and hours and basically do not answer. I am now researching trading standards protocols. So basically, and with all due respect, in your haste you have done something rather unwittingly foolish....as I did when I chose to save a couple of quid and picked HMV without researching their abysmal customer service record first. Needless to say, I shall not be using them again. Amazon's customer service is legendary BTW. My sister-in-law works on a customer service line and they have a note pinned up saying that Amazon's customer service is what they strive to emulate.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Anybody would think you're their only customer.

=

Amazon have always been good for me, but there again I don't throw a strop if the item takes more than a few days to deliver.

indigostarfish deliver from the Channel Islands (meaning DVDs/CDs are often sold cheaper, due to tax legislation). Therefore it will of course take longer to deliver items.

When you order DVDs from outside the UK or EU, as I do occasionally, where delivery times can be up to a month, e.g. surface mail from the US (such as R1 America DVDs), then I'm not bothered by a few days here or there.

As the expression goes, 'patience is a virtue'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Anybody would think you're their only customer.

Amazon have always been good for me, but there again I don't throw a strop if the item takes more than a few days to deliver.

As the expression goes, 'patience is a virtue'.

That's a stupid comment. If anyone used to sing their praises it would have been me. Always had great service from Amazon and Indigostarfish. It's just that things seem to be slipping a bit lately. I have just checked my last order for bedding. Ordered on 4th November not recieved by carrier till 9th November. It was in stock when I ordered it. Maybe it's time to switch to premium
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always had an excellent service from Amazon.

Same goes for me too providing the items come from amazon or indigostarfish themselves. It's the items from the marketplace sellers that tend to take their time. As for delivery times, it's never been more than 3 working days - and that includes any item I buy using the free delivery option which can take up to a week to arrive.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon themselves I find rather good, its the "non Amazon" suppliers that can cause the problem, they can take ages
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered some stuff yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning. Going down the pan in what way??
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with Amazon are barring a huge price discrepancy, I always order from them.

On the other hand, I can't stand using Play.
  • HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to have got worse since they started using Yodel for delivery. Its meant to be the new name for DHL and HDNL. When it was just HDNL using their vans it was fine and they tended to deliver around here quite late in the day so I would normally be in.

Now its Yodel it seems to get delivered by someone in a Car Medic van and they deliver earlier when I tend not to be in - which is to be expected with delivery companies. The problem I have with them is when a card gets left its always left blank including the box which is meant to contain a number to rearrange delivery. There is the depot number on the back which goes to an automated service and allows to to rearrange - which is fine. The problem is, everytime the day I ask for redelivery gets ignored and they try and deliver again the next day when I am out. If they just paid attention to what I had arranged it would save them the wasted journey.

Its started to put me off Amazon if they are going to keep using Yodel.