Options

Oh Please God No!

RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just read this in the Mad Cher article in the Mirror
Harry Styles, 17, from One Direction, has lost his voice and may have to mime tonight.

:D:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    I thought he mimed every week? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see no problem:D Same old, same old:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he mimed every week? :confused:

I thought that aswell
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    1D only have to walk out on stage and stand there and they'll still either come first or second. Their performances are irrellevent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    If his hair is still curly that's all that matters ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd seriously hate it if he mimed. I'd rather they perform without him than have him mime, it completely defies the point of the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd seriously hate it if he mimed. I'd rather they perform without him than have him mime, it completely defies the point of the competition.

erm, have you actually been watching the competition?;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Styles, 17, from One Direction, has lost his voice and may have to mime tonight.

Oh well, I'm guessing Matt and Mary will be doing the same.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes I'm sure they have been watching the competition, doesn't look like you have.;)
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member

erm, maybe you need to turn the volume on your tv up? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Care to elaborate?

Well the 1D boys have kind of half sang so far, mostly singing along to a particularly loud pre-recorded track. Miming is a less generous way of describing it. On the occasions when the two members of the band who can kind of sing a bit step out and kind of sing, it's piss weak. Basically they mime some of the time and that's when they're not sick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Zain guy is worse at miming than Paijie was in the group songs. This lot look like the little boy return of Milli Vanilli.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the 1D boys have kind of half sang so far, mostly singing along to a particularly loud pre-recorded track. Miming is a less generous way of describing it. On the occasions when the two members of the band who can kind of sing a bit step out and kind of sing, it's piss weak. Basically they mime some of the time and that's when they're not sick.

I'm sure they finished every single song they sang. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can you prove that? I think that's a pretty unfair accusation to make. Although I know that 98 % of the X Factor is fixed and manufactured, I haven't noticed anything to suggest that ANY acts have been miming. When Rebecca, Matt or Mary have been note perfect, have they been accused of miming? One Direction aren't note perfect by any means (they're also not "piss weak"), they struggle with harmonies and let their nerves get the better of their voices on many occasions, so I don't see why you'd assume they were miming.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you prove that? I think that's a pretty unfair accusation to make. Although I know that 98 % of the X Factor is fixed and manufactured, I haven't noticed anything to suggest that ANY acts have been miming. When Rebecca, Matt or Mary have been note perfect, have they been accused of miming? One Direction aren't note perfect by any means (they're also not "piss weak"), they struggle with harmonies and let their nerves get the better of their voices on many occasions, so I don't see why you'd assume they were miming.

Oh this is DS. They hate 1D and have been going on about miming from week 1!! I do admit in the begining they have had some very loud backing tracks but no more than other contestants but no one has mentioned that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That'll be a first then. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    The "miming" on the show is usually done with a pre-recorded "live" track which is edited to make is more perfect, but not totally studio perfect. That makes it more believable but as we've seen from this series some people are terrible at time keeping whilst miming!

Incidentally, does anyone know how this works? If he has lost his voice and mimes I assume any solo part he has will be given to someone else, and he'll just mime along to the chorus, or do they record rehearsal tracks just in case?
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The group performances are always mimed by everybody. I don't think anybody particularly minds that. What people DO object to is the wholesale use of miming (or singing along to a loud pre-recorded track if you prefer) during the solo spots for each artist or group. It's in part a singing competition, and the artists are supposed to be able to sing. We, as the paying to vote public can't judge on their ability if they don't actually sing. Particularly (as I suspect) if they sing along to a loud backing track recorded by session singers.

1D have always mimed, so I'm not sure we will notice any difference tonight. 1D could all be sick, plonk some tailor's dummies on the stage, play the pre-recorded track and they would STILL come out with the usual flashcard cliche's and go through to next week! Simon would bang on about it being the performance of the series, and how relevant it was. Biffa would say how they totally smashed it, and are reet little pop stars. Louis would toe the party line and beg for votes, and Dannii would say something along the lines of you were slightly wobly in the second chorus, but I liked it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Watch 1D singing "Kids in America" on Youtube. There's a part of which Zain was supposed to be singing but he seems to forgot it was his turn to sing, hence coming in late. You can hear his voice although you can't see his mouth moving.

They struggle with harmonising and they sound good only because they have backing tracks. See Liam's and the boys' audition and you can tell their voice is average (or below average). Harry sounds better than others but that's not really saying much.
  • Options
    clara_sclara_s Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Stewie_C wrote: »

1D have always mimed, so I'm not sure we will notice any difference tonight.

This is just bull. It's the DS way to keep repeating something untl it is a certified DS fact.I doesn't make it true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See above post by brussels - they mime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brussels wrote: »
    Watch 1D singing "Kids in America" on Youtube. There's a part of which Zain was supposed to be singing but he seems to forgot it was his turn to sing, hence coming in late. You can hear his voice although you can't see his mouth moving.

Another certified DS fact. Zain came in a micro second late and it was Harry's voice you could hear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    See above post by brussels - they mime.

If you insist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike 1D. They are nice enough lads, and if they win the competition then I don't have any objection to that, although I'd rather Mary won it at this point as she can sing and is more interesting than some of the dullards left.

However, the miming comments are not limited to DS. It's a general belief I'm afraid.