Options

SGU season 2 Sky

Comments

• Options
    MilhouseVHMilhouseVH Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So suming up you watch it because its stargate and also with the hope its going to get better.
    The show is now 29 episodes in so are you still hoping :confused:

Yep, what's your problem with that? So I'm a masochist.

The underlying point which you seem to have missed is that I want the show to improve and that any criticism I make should be taken as constructive. I'm not hating on the show for the sake of it, that would be too easy. If I didn't care about the show I would have quit early in Season 1. I suspect I'm not alone here, and that many people grumbling and moaning about the show are continuing to watch for similar reasons.

My question to you is: Are you familiar with the fable of the Emperors Clothes? Because that's what is going round in my head whenever I read your posts about SGU - you're not really helping by claiming that utter tosh is "brilliant", you enthusiasm for the show jars with reality (the ratings, viewer feedback). Your overly enthusiastic opinion seems to be in the minority of those expressing any opinion about the show.
    The last 3 episodes have been brilliant, far better then anything I can remember in SG1 if your still not happy after this then pack it up.

I genuinely think you have fairly low expectations if you class the last three episodes as brilliant. Only one of the last three could possibly be classed as "good" while the other two were mediocre to poor (ie. usual standard for SGU).

As for packing it up, I genuinely believe that if people like me and tens of thousands of others were not complaining about the show you'd never have gotten your three "brilliant" episodes.

The uptick in quality, such as it is, is entirely down to the writers getting a kick up the @rse because they've been writing ponderous cr@p for the first season and a half. They may disagree but those that matter (TV execs) are clearly concerned about the direction of the show thanks to the negative feedback from viewers and diabolical viewing figures.
    Going back to the mentalist as I know its one of your favourites, I saw the first 5 episodes of season 1, thought it was a total load of tosh and stopped watching it, to continue watching for 29 episodes in the hope its going to get better is endurance on your behalf, I sure would not have the patience your showing.

No offence but I couldn't really give a monkeys what you think on that score as it's got no bearing on the discussion here. The fact you enjoy Ugly Betty is just proof that everyone here has different tastes and it would be a dull world if we all enjoyed the same stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MilhouseVH wrote: »
    Because that's what is going round in my head whenever I read your posts about SGU - you're not really helping by claiming that utter tosh is "brilliant", you enthusiasm for the show jars with reality (the ratings, viewer feedback). Your overly enthusiastic opinion seems to be in the minority of those expressing any opinion about the show.

I am enthusastic about the show because its great, enjoying it far more then BSG.
    I genuinely think you have fairly low expectations if you class the last three episodes as brilliant. Only one of the last three could possibly be classed as "good" while the other two were mediocre to poor (ie. usual standard for SGU).

As for packing it up, I genuinely believe that if people like me and tens of thousands of others were not complaining about the show you'd never have gotten your three "brilliant" episodes.

I have high excpectations hence why I have dumped so many shows because they are not good enough. There are very few people like you who would still watch a show for 29 episodes and not like it, in fact for someone to dislike the show and to still be watching after all this time, I would guess you are very unique and on your own. Everyone watching the show is doing it because they like it, its that simple, its what we all watch TV for, to enjoy it.

My comments on mentalist were simply to show you that if you dont like a show you dont continue watching it, thats the norm.

Your comments on the last three episodes prove you dont understand what the show is about, its not like SG1/Atlantis, its not about fighting silly monsters, its about the human element, it would do you good to see the extras on the season 1 blu ray to get an understanding as to what cooper and wright set out to achieve with this series.

You must take your SG1/Atlantis hat off when watching SGU you might start to understand and enjoy it more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are very few people like you who would still watch a show for 29 episodes and not like it, in fact for someone to dislike the show and to still be watching after all this time, I would guess you are very unique and on your own.

I take it you have not read any of the links I provided you with? Sorry geordielady, but you're in a state of denial.

If you did any research into viewer reactions (hint: the links you have been provided) you would quickly discover that not everyone watching is enjoying it, and in fact many viewers are like myself - fans of former works by the same writers, viewers that are hoping the writers will once again find their mojo (and no we're not asking for or expecting a clone of SG1, SGA etc., just something entertaining and worthy of the Stargate franchise).
    Everyone watching the show is doing it because they like it, its that simple, its what we all watch TV for, to enjoy it.

My comments on mentalist were simply to show you that if you dont like a show you dont continue watching it, thats the norm.

If it's a new show with no history (either writers, actors or "franchise"), I would agree it's normal for viewers to switch away without giving the show a chance.

But when you have a situation such as this, with a long history (franchise, writers) it's completely different. If you can't appreciate or understand that please don't ask the question again as to why people that are criticising the show and continuing to watch it, because you clearly don't have a clue about where people are coming from.

I totally understand you point on The Mentalist, but it's irrelevant in this discussion as I imagine for you it falls into the former category (I'm guessing you have probably never heard of the writer before, or any of the actors). I happen to like it, but so what? All it proves is that you don't like it, so you don't watch it, whoopee.

As I say, you simply don't understand where those who don't like SGU are coming from - not all TV is black and white, love and hate, watch and don't watch. Having watched SG stuff avidly for 10 years there's a degree of loyalty that the fans are now showing SGU - can you understand that? It's loyalty that isn't necessarily being reciprocated but it's why we're still watching, so deal with it.
    Your comments on the last three episodes prove you dont understand

Feel free to respond to my comments about the last three episodes - I'm dying to hear you explain all the apparent plot and logic errors.
    it would do you good to see the extras on the season 1 blu ray to get an understanding as to what cooper and wright set out to achieve with this series.

That's just fan excuse bingo. It doesn't matter what they set out to achieve when viewers aren't appreciating or understanding it. Viewers shouldn't have to buy the Blu-Ray Box Set to work it out - can't you see the flaw in your argument here?
    You must take your SG1/Atlantis hat off when watching SGU you might start to understand and enjoy it more.

Nice troll! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact you enjoy Ugly Betty is just proof that everyone here has different tastes and it would be a dull world if we all enjoyed the same stuff.

Hang on, you are doing what she's doing now (just quoting something without thinking about it) :)

If we ALL enjoyed the same thing it would be great! Because we all agree that its good, and won't waste time or even produce bad stuff.
    Often when people say that its because they sort of feel that everybody else will like something and they will be left out and therefore may not like it. But if we all think its great, its great :)
    Plus there wouldn't be any wars (unless we all agree that wars are cool ;) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warming wrote: »
    Hang on, you are doing what she's doing now (just quoting something without thinking about it) :)

Hmm... OK. Maybe. :)

The point is we can't all like the same things, and when we have no connection to a show we stop watching and move on.

Geordielass doesn't like Mentalist and has no connection, she stops watching. Fine.

I did actually watch a couple of episodes of the first Ugly Betty season, needless to say I didn't watch any more as I didn't enjoy it and had absolutely no connection and no reason to continue watching.

With SGU - and this is the point Geordilass can't comprehend - many of us DO feel we have a reason to continue watching. After 10 years of Stargate, it's not so easy to just walk away!
    If we ALL enjoyed the same thing it would be great! Because we all agree that its good, and won't waste time or even produce bad stuff.
    Often when people say that its because they sort of feel that everybody else will like something and they will be left out and therefore may not like it. But if we all think its great, its great :)
    Plus there wouldn't be any wars (unless we all agree that wars are cool ;) )

Wouldn't it be great! I'd love it if it were so!

But the current situation is tricky. The ratings and feedback for SGU would make it clear that it's not being well received, so what to do?

Listen to the few people that do like it and keep it the same despite all the evidence, and then don't get renewed?

Or listen to the viewers that have given up on it, or watch it while not liking it? These viewers would appear to represent the majority based on the lost viewers compared with previous Stargate shows - close to 1.5m lost on average.

Personally I think geordielady should be grateful to the viewers that are voicing criticism as they have more than likely been the catalyst for any improvement of late which she herself has admitted is noticeable.

Without them, SGU would have remained the same... plodding along... getting nowhere... slowly... until it gets sh1t canned. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With SGU - and this is the point Geordilass can't comprehend - many of us DO feel we have a reason to continue watching. After 10 years of Stargate, it's not so easy to just walk away!

Utter rubbish, you cant walk away from it :eek: I think its apparently clear to everyone reading this that your a big, big SG1/Atlantis fanboy who is continuing to watch the show in the hope the writers will go back to the awful old formula.
    You dont owe the creators anything, they have openly stated they dont care less what the SG1/Atlantis fanboys thinK, so why should you care or owe anything to them

You have this opinion that all the SGU haters are keeping the show alive by slagging it. What will take the show into season 3 is the quality of the show and what the creators can get out of the network..

I am the only person watching this show who I know that saw SGU so around here its not SGU fans who are keeeping it alive.

Your comments on the last three episodes are wrong, I have no unanswered questions, what dont you understand about it.:confused:

I have said many times this show is not SG1 its not atlantis, they are history, dead, finshed. What we have is a brilliant sc-fi drama with a great human element for those of us who are mature enough not to want very episode full of monsters, people who want that can always watch Doctor Who

Your constant slagging of every episode is not doing anyone any favours here, no matter what they do you will moan and its becoming boring, we all know you hate it so lets leave it there and get back to discussing this fantastic show.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I've watch both SG1 and SGA from beginning to end and hope they don't go back to that formula for weekly episodes.

I find SGU to be one this sci-fi series in years and Robert Carlyle is just simply amazing it :).

Although the main story is similar to that of Star Trek:Voyager the main characters and the relationship is really makes the show.

You know that really Col Young will never trust him but he has no choice and Rush uses it to his advantage. There wasn't really that depth of characters in SG1 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter rubbish, you cant walk away from it :eek: I think its apparently clear to everyone reading this that your a big, big SG1/Atlantis fanboy who is continuing to watch the show in the hope the writers will go back to the awful old formula.

Ah yes, the old Bob and Brad get out of jail mantra.

Every time, you fall back on this lame excuse whenever you have no other argument. Actually, you simply don't have any argument or basis for your position other than that excuse which isn't true in my case at all. There really is no point debating this with you any further, it's been fun but ultimately too easy - I tend to like debating with someone who can actually think for themselves. ;)
    Your comments on the last three episodes are wrong, I have no unanswered questions, what dont you understand about it.

If you have no unanswered questions, then please respond to my comments that you maintain are wrong.
    I have said many times this show is not SG1 its not atlantis, they are history, dead, finshed.

Get over it, love - we know that. It's only you that keeps banging on about them.
    and get back to discussing this fantastic show.

I thought that was what we were doing, but OK, you probably just want people to fawn over it with criticism verboten so let's see how much discussion there is of this "fantastic" show shall we? I highly doubt any comments from me have scared off those wishing to discuss the show, of which posts there have been precious few.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I thought that was what we were doing, but OK, you probably just want people to fawn over it with criticism verboten so let's see how much discussion there is of this "fantastic" show shall we? I highly doubt any comments from me have scared off those wishing to discuss the show, of which posts there have been precious few.

We haven't been scared off, we've just been reading the debate with interest! Tend to agree with most of what you've said MilhouseVH. Geordielady - you are extremely fond of using the word "fanboy" in your posts - to me it seems that the term applies to you with regards to SGU :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... OK. Maybe. :)

The point is we can't all like the same things, and when we have no connection to a show we stop watching and move on.

Yes, I know what you mean (but then I read what you write ;-) )
    I did actually watch a couple of episodes of the first Ugly Betty season, needless to say I didn't watch any more as I didn't enjoy it and had absolutely no connection and no reason to continue watching.

I've only seen about one scene from Ugly Betty because of the special effects. The people doing special effects for Ugly Betty are ironically called "Stargate Studios" (no relation) - you'd never guess it is stuffed to the gills with effects - people tend to imagine special effects are space ships and aliens, but noo, not anymore.

If you got a few mins, their site is full of revelations. You can't link directly to the Ugly Betty clip - but go to the link below, click on the "Show Demos" gray bar at the bottom, click on the "next" button twice to get to the page with the Ugly Betty icon on the left side.

Note, this has nothing to do with like the show or watching the show - this shows how computer graphics are everywhere :)

Stargate Studios showreels

But the current situation is tricky. The ratings and feedback for SGU would make it clear that it's not being well received, so what to do?

Well if it was solely an art project they could stick to their guns, such as they are - but American television is only about making money - and they aren't doing that very well.

You *might* be able to salvage it as a commercial project, but that would require some huge reboots and retooling, and it would hard to lure defecting viewers away.
    (It was all a dream! The moment they got on board the ship put them all into a dream state to test what kind of people they are. It decides they aren't worth it, wakes them up and opens a portal to the milkyway and sends them all back! Or even better, its Rush' dream - he's really a janitor at stargate command :D )

Of course if they get a third season one demand may be a heavy budget cut, which in itself could mean big changes.

(They all die! Except Greer and Rush, the ships computer and something which has mutated from the cargo hold into something sentient - hm.. now where did i hear something similar )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    TykeLass wrote: »
    We haven't been scared off, we've just been reading the debate with interest! Tend to agree with most of what you've said MilhouseVH. Geordielady - you are extremely fond of using the word "fanboy" in your posts - to me it seems that the term applies to you with regards to SGU :yawn:

This ^^ :D

I have nothing further to add about the show until the next episode I am afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note, this has nothing to do with like the show or watching the show - this shows how computer graphics are everywhere :)

Stargate Studios showreels

Thanks for that - quite impressive, although I must say the results look ever so slightly false, perhaps it's the lighting or the focus that isn't quite spot on but it's very nearly there.

Amazing to think that back in the 70s such effects would take a team of people weeks to do using static mattes (ie. first Star Wars and before that) but now takes probably one guy less than an hour or two to pull together. And the price for CGI is now so low that it's cheaper than filming on location!
    Well if it was solely an art project they could stick to their guns, such as they are - but American television is only about making money - and they aren't doing that very well.

I wouldn't say SGU was an art project, more like a vanity project!
    You *might* be able to salvage it as a commercial project, but that would require some huge reboots and retooling, and it would hard to lure defecting viewers away.

(It was all a dream! The moment they got on board the ship put them all into a dream state to test what kind of people they are. It decides they aren't worth it, wakes them up and opens a portal to the milkyway and sends them all back! Or even better, its Rush' dream - he's really a janitor at stargate command :D )

Don't go giving 'em ideas!! ;)
    Of course if they get a third season one demand may be a heavy budget cut, which in itself could mean big changes.

(They all die! Except Greer and Rush, the ships computer and something which has mutated from the cargo hold into something sentient - hm.. now where did i hear something similar )

I could quite see neanderthal Greer being the last one alive, saving the whole of humanity, alone aboard the Destiny... No seriously, it couldn't get any more ridiculous than that.

I must admit I think Greer is the best character by far, although it's not really saying much.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I think Greer is the best character by far, although it's not really saying much.

It could have been a nice post, telling us who you think the best character is... then you go and add to it. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ithe main characters and the relationship is really makes the show.

And thats what makes the show so interesting, its a lot more then a bog standard Sci-Fi show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time, you fall back on this lame excuse whenever you have no other argument.

The difference is I watch the show and enjoy it, you watch it and slag it off.

I dont think its me that has anything to answer for as there is no argument. I just dont understand for the life of me how someone can continue to waste 60 minutes per week watching a show that they dont understand and dislike so much.

Enough said on this, we all know your views on the show :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geordielady - you are extremely fond of using the word "fanboy" in your posts - to me it seems that the term applies to you with regards to SGU :yawn:

Yeah I supposed your right, nice to be called a fanboy:D, (but fangirl please :p)

The show has not been going long enough to really have fanboy status.:cry:, but maybe when it gets into its fifth season.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The difference is I watch the show and enjoy it, you watch it and slag it off.

We both watch, you fawn, I critique.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It could have been a nice post, telling us who you think the best character is... then you go and add to it. :p

Yeah sorry, it was a tad superfluous. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geordielady, let me quote you from an earlier post:
    Your comments on the last three episodes are wrong, I have no unanswered questions, what dont you understand about it.:confused:

I've asked you to explain my apparent confusion after you so very kindly offered to resolve my conflict regarding the previous three episodes. But now, without making good on your offer, you back peddle thus:
    I dont think its me that has anything to answer for as there is no argument.

Are you unable to explain why I am wrong because I am in fact right? Ah yes, that would be it then... how very disappointing. :)
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very apt post which I agree with 100%.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geordielady, let me quote you from an earlier post:

I've asked you to explain my apparent confusion after you so very kindly offered to resolve my conflict regarding the previous three episodes. But now, without making good on your offer, you back peddle thus:

Are you unable to explain why I am wrong because I am in fact right? Ah yes, that would be it then... how very disappointing. :)

You really are loosing me now, I really dont understand what your on about.
    But if there are any specific things you dont understand I will try my best to answer. Bear in mind that some things dont have a proper answer as its left to the viewer to decide, i.e why did Simeon kill Ginn is one such thing (but cooper did leave plenty of clues as to why), did caine die or not (we may yet find out the answer to this).
    Not all things require answers, its just makes it more intreging.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    If you like it, then watch it, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

:yawn:

Im liking it more and more lately hope it does get a third season at least so they can give us a definitive ending, hate tv shows that end hanging!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member

Agreed :yawn:

I apologise up front for my very long post its just I’m really annoyed at the moment and felt like putting in my 2 pence worth. :mad:

I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and enjoying the debates pro SGU and not so pro SGU. It’s nice to see both sides of the coin, it would be very boring for just blind fawning. However, I never wanted to add or discus anything about SGU, but have until recently just simply enjoy reading it.

You see I don’t really need anything explained about SGU to me because frankly it isn't that difficult to understand, you really don’t need to use that many brain cells. It’s the most uncomplicated story line going because there really isn’t much of one yet.

Anyway, that said, that’s not my reason for registering and posting a comment. And I’m sure the fan boys will jump on me from a great height for daring to say ANYTHING negative about SGU “ ha ha”

What has motivated me to register and comment is HOW BLOODY SICK TO DEATH I AM of SGU fan boys or Fan girls in this case CONTINUALLY bringing up the “you’re a SG1/SGA fan boy “comment or “disgruntled SGA fan therefore just hating on SGU for the sake of it” and my personal favourite “you just want a SGA clone and don’t get intelligent type TV like SGU” blah blah blah etc.. etc… and so on.

The only person whom seems to harp on about that is Geordie lady IMHO as others seem to quite clearly state why there watching and what they either expect or would like to see in SGU both good or bad points. Sorry but that’s what I thought forums where about. An exchange of individuals’ opinion likes or dislikes pros and cons. I didn’t realise you had to have ONLY the I love SGU mentality and it’s the best thing since sliced bread. And then slag off anyone who dares to disagree and then have the cheek to call them “FAN BOYS“…

Likes and dislikes are subjective aren’t they? I mean I really like CSI Vegas and CSI NY but NOT CSI Miami, bad acting and writing therefore I don’t watch but I did for a hell of long time watch because of my loyalty to to CSI Vegas until it proved that it wasn’t going to get better and they brought out CSI NY which IMO outshone it. Which is again IMO anyway what a lot of SG fans are doing with SGU, as has been said in a pervious post, if it was a brand new show with no connection to something else it doesn’t get the level of chances something like SGU or in my case CSI franchise gets.

And (god forbid) I like THE Mentalist as well and Torchwood (but NOT Dr Who), an Merlin and Harry Potter as well as Phillip Pullmans The Dark Materials (NOT the terrible film they did) but just the quality books. More recently, The Walking Dead, and I don’t even like Horror or Zombies genre but that show is awesome, well-written and great acting and it gives SGU IMHO a run for its money, if you want proper character driven stories and development. And YES SGA I’m a fan not so much SG 1 liked but not loved but I hated the movie the list could go on, these are just a few examples. But they are diverse from fantasy to sci fi an so on, hell I even love factual show and watch loads of things on the Documentary channels.

Furthermore, I absolutely HATE with a passion Reality TV crap e.g. X factor, big brother and tons of moronic shows like it and not forgetting soap operas like Eastnders.

My personal likes and dislikes are just that personal but that does not mean I am a brain dead moron because I’m not swayed by SGU and as according to the SGU fan boys I’m not also wanting a SGA/SG1 clone. If I had the choice I‘d still want both those shows on air and not clones of them.

Whether I like reality TV or not there are millions of people that do and fair play to them same as fair play to SGU fans. But to the actual SGU fan boys/gals GET OVER YOURSELVES just because you like the show doesn’t mean that the rest have to love it , to the same degree and that if we don’t we are unintelligent and don’t get it. We are still entitled to an opinion after having judged the show ON ITS OWN MERITS regardless of being an SGA or SG1 fan. So Please stop using this lame stupid excuse ALL the time and DON’T CLUB us all under the same banner. Their may well be some dire hard SGA or SG1 people that went over board and hating SGU. HOWEVER, by Christ there is also the same amount SGU fans doing the exact opposite, with blind and utter devotion and slagging anyone off who doesn’t agree, so which one is stupid. :confused:

Answer both sides :eek:, even shows that I have loved in the past have drawbacks and faults, filler episodes and sometime's not speculation acting but you can love something and still see its flaws and it doesn’t mean you’re hating on it.

NEVERTHELESS, I believe most SG fans will have given SGU a chance to score or fail based on its OWN merits. In addition, if the dire hard SGU fans keep throwing their dummies out of the pram about the so-called Disgruntled SGA fans and telling them not to watch, what the hell do you think viewer number wise will be left? Not many I would wager. Whatever way you want to spin it SGU was supposed to surpass SGA viewing figures, and get new people as well as keeping the majority of the existing fan base. You were never going to keep them all but you would have expected to keep most of the majority, as you can’t please everybody all the time.

Geordie Lady please look at the ratings figures, it fails big time and it now has just its core viewers not adding and not losing much which is good but no or little to none casual viewer and people are not time shifting. If you don’t believe me then just look at the Ratings thread on Sy Fy or go to “by the numbers” the figures don’t lie, there just simple facts. The show has lost over 1 million viewers and is doing abysmally in the UK, it’s already been dropped by Australia. The sad thing is that the show had tons and tons of potential and it’s been squandered away by the arrogance of the writers and producers but it will get a third season I‘ve no doubt but what direction or budget it will have, waits to be seen.

It has already been suggested that it will most likely get a third season based on the previous SG1/SGA successes (YES I said successes because financially they were) certainly not based solely on its own success. Because ratings wise it’s not been a success even if it’s loved and adored by the dire hard, viewers= advertiser-= revenue. Not saying that’s a good thing but that’s the world we live in. I’ve lost many quality shows over the years because of poor ratings. Moreover, yes that includes SGA whom even in the last season the ratings were over 1.5 mill with the odd dip to 1.3 live, SGU limps by in a poor second place. According to “by the numbers”, SGA was also usually in the top 10 illegally downloaded chart. SGU should have done better it should be getting for the money it cost 2 mill + viewing and its not. Again the figures are all their on Sy Fy posted by the forum moderator Squall, whom actually is a big SGU fan but he can also see its faults and doesn’t use the fall back excuse i.e. SGA fans.

So IMHO this whole lets hate on the SGA or SG1 fan base because its there fault or they want a clone etc... is just plain bloody ridiculous. I don’t personally think Pro SGU fans, sorry to be more exact the actual FAN BOYS, ( as the normal majority of average rational SGU fans don’t fall under the Fan Boy category) are not doing them selves any favours as there just showing how childish they are by resorting to the lame “ disgruntled SGA fan or wanting a clone excuses time and time again.

What did they do go round all the homes in the US that had neilson boxes and bash on the front doors with there pitch folks in hand dressed in Atlantis Uniforms with Wraith Stunners in hand or Shepard’s P90 and threaten people NOT to watch SGU“ OH PLEASE! People watch and make up their own minds no matter HOW vocal “the relatively small on line SG fandom is.

Brad Wright said in a recent interview “if we make a good show you will watch it ! Well the viewing figure would appear to show for the majority, they didn’t and we are not.
    Ah yes, the old Bob and Brad get out of jail mantra.

Every time, you fall back on this lame excuse whenever you have no other argument. Actually, you simply don't have any argument or basis for your position other than that excuse which isn't true in my case at all. There really is no point debating this with you any further, it's been fun but ultimately too easy - I tend to like debating with someone who can actually think for themselves. ;)

One last thing MillHouse you really shouldn’t bother anymore trying to justify why you watch SGU, you have make it quite clear what your concerns are and why you are still watching it. It is like your banging your head against a great big brick wall. You are never going to be able to get the point across to the SGU fanatic’s.

I would stick, if I were you, to just talking about SGU to its proper fan base and have healthy debates with them, just leave the FAN BOYS or GIRLS to there own devices. Best thing agree to disagree that gives you the moral high ground as being an adult.

For what it’s worth, I pretty much agree with much of what you have said in the past, BUT then hay, I am a bitter twisted, disgruntled and wanting a SGA/SG1 clone person :rolleyes:so I‘ve been told. So I guess I would “ha ha” :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    For anyone thats interested these are viewing figure for season 2 so far, info taken off Sy Fy forum:

Live + SD

Intervention - 0.9 HH Rating (1.2 Million viewers)
    Aftermath - 0.8 HH Rating (1.1 Million viewers)
    Awakening - 0.9 HH Rating (1.2 Million viewers)
    Pathogen - 0.8 HH rating (1.0 Million viewers)
    Cloverdale - 0.8 HH rating (1.0 Million viewers)
    Trial and Error - 0.8 HH rating (1.0 Million viewers)
    The Greater Good - 0.8 HH rating (1.1 Million viewers)
    Malice - 0.8 HH rating (1.0 Million viewers)
    Visitation - 0.9 HH rating (1.2 Million viewers)
    Resurgence - 0.8 HH rating (1.1 Million viewers)

Season to date: 0.8 HH rating (1.1 Million viewers)

Live + 7

Intervention - 1.3 HH rating (1.7 Million viewers)
    Aftermath - 1.2 HH rating (1.6 Million viewers)
    Awakening - 1.3 HH rating (1.7 Million viewers)
    Pathogen - 1.1 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)
    Cloverdale - 1.1 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)
    Trial and Error - 1.1 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)
    The Greater Good - 1.1 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)

Season to date: 1.2 HH rating (1.5 Million viewers)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, you weren't kidding - a very long post, and yet I agreed with EVERY word of it! :)

Yeah, there really is no point trying to debate anything with fanatics, that's as true here in this thread as it is in the real world, unfortunately.

Unsurprisingly geordielady seems to be in the vanishingly small minority though, and shouldn't be too hard to ignore. Everyone else here can discuss the show intelligently by subjectively praising or criticising as appropriate, which should be nice.