Oh dear, Citilink. This won't end well.

2»

Comments

• IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    CitiLink brought my new PVR from John Lewis yesterday, only they didn't as inside the bag was a Blu-Ray disk player addressed to some guy in Liverpool. I phoned JL and they are sending out another one. Wonder where that one will end up?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    In my experience the worst delivery company to exist, ever, in the whole wide world is Home Delivery Network.

Best - Yodel

Yodel are HDN if you check their website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Why is it so hard for people to understand; just because you don't have snow, doesn't mean that the depot that are sending your parcel out doesn't.

My guess is that the parcel is at the citilink depot in scotland, was loaded on a van for transfer to a more southern depot, but returned when the weather was too bad to continue.

not exactly rocket science.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My parcel sent out on 30/11 has just arrived. Has been stuck in the UPS Edinburgh depot.

The driver said country roads are still difficult.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    has it come yet op?
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »

EVERYTHING is rocket science for some on here.

It's better than the telly at times.:D
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it so hard for people to understand; just because you don't have snow, doesn't mean that the depot that are sending your parcel out doesn't.

My guess is that the parcel is at the citilink depot in scotland, was loaded on a van for transfer to a more southern depot, but returned when the weather was too bad to continue.

I doubt it. The text seems pretty clear. The first item on the tracking history is 'These goods have been scanned at the collection Depot and are now on route to the delivery Depot.' so there's the transfer between depots. Then 'These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.' so it's done that journey. It now says 'These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today.'. Sadly it's said that twice now :rolleyes:

In any case even if it's out for delivery from Glenrothes then it's a screw-up. Bicester is just outside Oxford - 400 miles from Glenrothes and has its own depot. As I showed in a previous post - I'm only 4.1 miles from the depot and all but the last half a mile is bypass and main road. I know exactly what the roads are like on the other side of town :)

And no, still not arrived. Haven't managed to get through on the phone either but to be honest it's not so important that I'm going to wait on the line all day :rolleyes:
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my experience the worst delivery company to exist, ever, in the whole wide world is Home Delivery Network.

Best - Yodel

they are the same company.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Worked for Amazon in gourock, they told us about the other warehouses if it is an electrical item then it is dispatched from Glenrothes as that is their electrical warehouse. After dispatch they go on a magical mystery tour though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »
    I doubt it. The text seems pretty clear. The first item on the tracking history is 'These goods have been scanned at the collection Depot and are now on route to the delivery Depot.' so there's the transfer between depots. Then 'These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.' so it's done that journey. It now says 'These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today.'. Sadly it's said that twice now :rolleyes:

In any case even if it's out for delivery from Glenrothes then it's a screw-up. Bicester is just outside Oxford - 400 miles from Glenrothes and has its own depot. As I showed in a previous post - I'm only 4.1 miles from the depot and all but the last half a mile is bypass and main road. I know exactly what the roads are like on the other side of town :)

And no, still not arrived. Haven't managed to get through on the phone either but to be honest it's not so important that I'm going to wait on the line all day :rolleyes:

I should really give up, but I'll give it one more try.

1. the goods leave amazon's warehouse (probably in scotland)
    2. the goods go to the glenrothes depot, ready for dispatch to you the next day
    3. the goods go onto the van to be delivered FROM Glenrothes. If you paid for next day delivery there is no point in them just delivering it to bicester depot the next day is there? They probably WOULD send a van down with a load of oxfordshire deliveries from the scottish depot.
    4. the van can't travel on the roads so turns back to glenrothes.

Bicester depot doesn't come into it. The items can't magic themselves from scotland to bicester. There is no point in them stopping there just to make you feel better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should really give up, but I'll give it one more try.
    I think you'll find you're the one that's clueless.

The goods start at Glenrothes because that's the depot closest to the Amazon wharehouse. They are then transferred to the Bicester depot because that's the one that serves my office. Typically couriers transfer them overnight in larger lorries that visit a number of depots.

So my parcel should have done the following:

1.Sorted at Glenrothes.
    2.Put on an articulated lorry (or train, perhaps) for transfer to 'The South East of England'.
    3.At some point everything destined for Bicester is separated and dropped off at the Bicester depot.
    4.Bicester depot sorts the items and puts them on vans for delivery around the Bicester area.

Only a total moron (or CitiLink perhaps) would think it sensible for Glenrothes drivers to be delivering to individual addresses in the Bicester area(*).

The tracking information makes it quite clear that the parcel has left the starting depot, travelled across their network and arrived at the delivery depot. If it's anywhere other than the Bicester depot (or in one of their vans) then it's in the wrong place.

(*)It's possible that a Glenrothes driver is responsible for getting the parcels to the Bicester depot but it will not be them that drives around dropping the parcels off. My parcel has to arrive at the Bicester depot at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Ordered goods on 23rd November 2010, they arrived yesterday Saturday 11th December 2010, Should have been 24 hour delivery service, I think they thought it must have been 24 days instead. Poor Poor service
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a response from Amazon. Apparently our depot are using temporary staff for the Christmas period and the driver couldn't find our office. It's not the daftest excuse I've ever heard but it suggests that they ought to be more picky about their drivers. A Sat-Nav will get you to the entrance of the office park then the driver just has to go all the way to the end. Anyway if Amazon are to be believe (hmmmm) they've put a rocket up CL's arse so hopefully the regular girl will do the delivery. At least they've refunded the extra delivery charge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    mikejd1 wrote: »
    Ordered goods on 23rd November 2010, they arrived yesterday Saturday 11th December 2010, Should have been 24 hour delivery service, I think they thought it must have been 24 days instead. Poor Poor service

I'd contact Amazon and ask for a refund on the next day postage. My Brother had a delay with a Lush delivery, it didn't arrive the next day so he contacted them and they refunded him some of the postal costs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Case closed. The first parcel has just arrived. They've agreed to bounce the other one back to Amazon.

Oh and for the record:Yes, it was the Bicester depot delivering it. I never doubted it.
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hijack but I'm having a similar problem with DPD. Parel was due to arrive yesterday (next day delivery) but they tried to post it an 1520. One day late but it's not they end of the world.

BUT:

The number on the calling card they left says the parcel was delivered in September when I enter it on their website! The phoneline won't accept the number either, nor is their an option to speak to a real person from what I can tell.

Mind you, seeing as how they didn't deliver in time the card details how I can re-arrange delivery (if the number worked) - all at my expense, even though they didn't actually give the service paid for in the first place. :rolleyes: