Have we gone back in time?

SealegSealeg Posts: 449
Forum Member
So many newspaper headlines over the past few weeks with headlines featuring Diana and the missing girl who can't be named and her parents.

What's going on:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone is claiming that they were involved in the death of one of them.

Scotland Yard claim they will releasing an image of a suspect involved in the other case.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotland Yard claim they will releasing an image of a suspect involved in the other case.

A drawing or photofit, presumably. Someone saw a man walking near the hotel that night, so the police want to identify and question him (according to Express). How that makes him a suspect, I've no idea.

They've also discovered that several people used mobile phones in the area, so obviously they want to identify and trace all those.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well people are likely to care what happened to a missing child. As for Diana, f*ck knows! Apart from the fact it sells papers obviously.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant understand why the girl cannot be named on here,what is so powerful about her parents they strike fear into DS? ,lots of forums elsewhere discuss the case.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    egghead1 wrote: »
    I cant understand why the girl cannot be named on here,what is so powerful about her parents they strike fear into DS? ,lots of forums elsewhere discuss the case.

Well considering some of the absolute crap that's been written about them and the potential damage that it has done to them personally and the search in general I'm not at all surprised that they're so litigious. DS, understandably have to be on their toes.
  • RepublicOfYorksRepublicOfYorks Posts: 3,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sealeg wrote: »
    So many newspaper headlines over the past few weeks with headlines featuring Diana and the missing girl who can't be named and her parents.

What's going on:confused:

It's mainly one newspaper though.
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't the Diana headlines because of the movie about her being released though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't the Diana headlines because of the movie about her being released though?

Someone has claimed the SAS were involved.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/433234/Princess-Diana-murder-Witness-returns
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's mainly one newspaper though.

Lots of news outlets and papers. Just google name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    All I'm saying is we can agree prince Harry and William would have had Muslim step brothers or sisters yes if she didn't die. 4 years later 9/11 and Diana might have had a lot of influence unless the media had destroyed her by then. She would have been very anti-war and would have been hard to ignore
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm saying is we can agree prince Harry and William would have had Muslim step brothers or sisters yes if she didn't die. 4 years later 9/11 and Diana might have had a lot of influence unless the media had destroyed her by then. She would have been very anti-war and would have been hard to ignore

Why would muslim relatives matter? Georges V and VI had German and Russian relatives, but it didn't stop WW1 and WW2 happening.

And what on earth would be her 'influence' in relation to 9/11?
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Well considering some of the absolute crap that's been written about them and the potential damage that it has done to them personally and the search in general I'm not at all surprised that they're so litigious. DS, understandably have to be on their toes.

Indeed! The level of hateful and vitriolic certainty some posters indulge in on this subject actually makes me wonder about their mental balance.