Options

Should England have tried to take Suarez out.

2»

Comments

• Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    I know some here may not like the guy but to try and injure Suarez would be wrong, imagine if the tackle/premeditated injury was mistimed and not only did he leave the pitch on a stretcher but his career was ended too depending on the severity. Awful idea.

Real Madrid would have been devastated
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heheh some really funny posts here.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real Madrid would have been devastated
    Lol the funny thing is that no one is interested in man utd's "best player"
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Lol the funny thing is that no one is interested in man utd's "best player"

How is that 'funny'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that 'funny'?

Not my fault you don't have a sense of humour
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we should have clogged him being as it was clearly beyond our capability to man mark an only 70% fit striker playing his first game in 6 weeks having just returned from surgery.

Perhaps a more subtle approach would have been to smuggle a pair of Wayne Rooney's boots into his kit bag because up until he had his tap in Rooney couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

:D
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    We should have just put a couple of our outfield players on the goal line to have saved his shots with their hands if Hart couldn't get to them.

They'd have been sent off, but it might have given England the result they needed.
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    We should have just put a couple of our outfield players on the goal line to have saved his shots with their hands if Hart couldn't get to them.

They couldn't even manage to put a player on the near post when Hart was out on the 6 yard line during a corner :D
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I know it sounds bad but taking out key opposition players is something we ought to do as part of the 'being smarter' approach. If Suarez had been up against Ghana or Honduras, he would not have lasted half as long as he did against England. The Ghanaians effectively beat up Clint Dempsey (and several other players) in their match against the USA as he was key danger man. He had to hobble off eventually meaning that the US had to rely on others to score the winner. Ruthless may be but if your team can't cope with a guy, it's the only way you're going to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, but I do. But only when it comes to things that are actually funny, unfortunately.

You see, I fail to see any humour in us being in no danger of losing our 'best player' (whoever that is). Obviously, I'd be quite happy about that, but I wouldn't find it particularly hilarious.
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    They didn't need to take him out they just had to defend properly, both the goals were easily preventable with basic defending.

correct answer. The reason England are out is poor defending and not taking chances.
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    I know some here may not like the guy but to try and injure Suarez would be wrong, imagine if the tackle/premeditated injury was mistimed and not only did he leave the pitch on a stretcher but his career was ended too depending on the severity. Awful idea.

Let's see how Italy deal with him.....
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Miles_T wrote: »
    And let's see how Ghana deal with Ronaldo!!
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miles_T wrote: »

It depends how fit he is and whether he has improved since the England match. A fit Suarez can conjure a goal out of nothing, the bad thing about the England display was that he didn't have to do that.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good question OP

I dunno if Suarez likes to be wined and dined, but certainly worth ago

He has been known to get peckish during a game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, but I do. But only when it comes to things that are actually funny, unfortunately.

You see, I fail to see any humour in us being in no danger of losing our 'best player' (whoever that is). Obviously, I'd be quite happy about that, but I wouldn't find it particularly hilarious.

sorry but I haven't got the time to explain things to you, you'll just have to stay "none the wiser"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry but I haven't got the time to explain things to you, you'll just have to stay "none the wiser"

Yeah, I'll bet.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    I know it sounds bad but taking out key opposition players is something we ought to do as part of the 'being smarter' approach. If Suarez had been up against Ghana or Honduras, he would not have lasted half as long as he did against England. The Ghanaians effectively beat up Clint Dempsey (and several other players) in their match against the USA as he was key danger man. He had to hobble off eventually meaning that the US had to rely on others to score the winner. Ruthless may be but if your team can't cope with a guy, it's the only way you're going to win.
    You can do that legally with good tackles, shoulder tackles, a bit of argy bargy and defending well enough to direct him down the line instead of inside or stop his runs etc.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - that is all.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has been known to get peckish during a game.

Little did we know...
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Little did we know...

First time I've been ahead of the game in this World Cup...
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have tried taking his teeth out, that's for sure...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Suarez disgracing himself yet again certainly made me laugh. As will his inevitable ban.