Fantastic Four (2015) Trailer

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
Well the peeps at 20th Century Fox, have finally released a trailer for the new Fantastic Four film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRoD28-WgU

Looking forward to this remake for awhile now :)

Comments

• KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    It's looking really good!

Over Batman vs Superman, I'll take this any day! :D
  • homer911homer911 Posts: 5,198
    Forum Member
    I think this has lots of potential from the trailer especially with the actors and director involved.

I think alot of people just decided they were not going to give this a chance for certain reasons that are stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love the new trailer! Johnny Storm looks awesome and Sue's powers are looking 1000000% better than the last set of films. Cannot wait :D
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like a decent little sci-fi film but a million miles from the Fantastic Four movie that I'd want to see. Like Batman v Superman is just so dour and po-faced.

Maybe one day in my life time we'll see a decent Doctor Doom on screen.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    It's looking really good!

Over Batman vs Superman, I'll take this any day! :D

I'd be the opposite. I'd take BvS over this.

But this looks ok. It's certainly looks visually impressive. I don't read comics so all I know about the F4 is from the previous films and they weren't great. But this doesn't look too bad at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I'm slightly disappointed by the trailer to be completely honest. I didn't feel any chemistry between the cast at all, but I'll reserve my judgement for when I see it. Jamie Bell is doing really good for himself.
  • EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think FF is going to be a hard sell to people as the concept isn't as cool as Iron Man; Spiderman; Batman or the Avengers. It's more in league with Thor in that respect, I think the story/film will need to be v. good to be a major success, especially with the previous attempt still being in recent memory.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not impressed.

Why are they all so much younger than the characters are supposed to be? That really puts me off.
    Is this like the S Club 7 Juniors version of the Fantastic Four? Only Johnny Storm (Human Torch) is supposed to be that young.

Just give the rights to Marvel and let them do it.
    Forum Member
    Not impressed.

Why are they all so much younger than the characters are supposed to be? That really puts me off.
    Is this like the S Club 7 Juniors version of the Fantastic Four? Only Johnny Storm (Human Torch) is supposed to be that young.

Just give the rights to Marvel and let them do it.

Sue is meant to be older than 30?
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preferred the first two trailers. This one brought all my initial fears to the fore; it doesn't feel like a Superhero film or even like The Fantastic Four. Honestly, it felt like a knock-off of 'Chronicle'.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Well that looks like more generic end-of-the-world sh*te. Pass.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue is meant to be older than 30?

Where does 30 come from? I never said it.
    However I'd say that Reed Richards and Ben Grimm are supposed to be in their 30s.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    So, a bunch of youth demograph friendly-types acquire superpowers leading to a battle with a supervillian, right?

Really pushing the envelope here, aren't they.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will the internet every be happy? lol

trailer looks good.
    Forum Member
    Where does 30 come from? I never said it.
    However I'd say that Reed Richards and Ben Grimm are supposed to be in their 30s.

Sorry, I thought you were basing your assumption that the characters are much younger on the age of the actors. Has it been said how young the characters are in this version? I always thought that Reed was barely older than Susan, so she would also be in her 30's or at least in her late 20's if he is 30+.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go by the comics, Reed should be in his early 40s
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well it seems that this film isn't going by the comics or maybe the Ulimate comic version which I'm not familiar with!

It does seem that we are getting quite a few trailers for this recently.However this film is out in about two and half months time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks better than I was expecting but still a million miles from what I would like a Fantastic Four movie to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    It looks better than I was expecting

Doctor Doom looks rubbish though (as we ever going to get a decent movie Doctor Doom?)
    Forum Member
    Well from reading the DS article on Fantastic Four it seems that Doctor Doom is just called Doom!
    Forum Member
    The reviews are coming in for this film and they are not that good

Digital Spy gave it 3 out of 5
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I seen it tonight as a Unlimited preview at Cineworld. It really is terrible and was clearly rushed and done on the cheap so that they could keep the movie rights. I doubt it will profit given the amount of blockbusters out right now. This is probably a good thing given they have just treated it as a cash cow.

Probably the worst "Marvel" movie that I have seen. To top it off it does not have a post credit scene or Stan Lee cameo. He probably did not want to be associated with this shambles.
    The whole movie is build up and then 5-10 minutes of action at the end. The bad guy was taken down so quickly.

2/10
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    There's a press embargo on it, I think. That's usually a bad sign. It has got a major franchise against it - The Avengers. The whole band of superheroes stuff was taken to another level there. The signs are not good for this film.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chronicle was so brilliant , but this does look pretty dull .
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of bad reviews for it already. I knew it wouldn't do well, but I was holding onto a little bit of hope that it would be at least decent. A shame...